PI Developer Technologies

Welcome to the PI Developer Technologies feedback page!  

This forum covers the PI AF SDK, PI Web API, PI OPC DA and HDA Servers, and the PI SQL family. We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Developer Technologies for you?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Introduce a AF OPC DA/UA Server

Title says it all!
    It would be awesome to have an AF OPC Server exposing real-time data from AF element hierarchy using any type of attributes data reference.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  PI OPC DA & HDA Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started work on an OPC UA server for the PI System which will expose asset and time series data in the PI System through the OPC UA specification. We consider this experimental work. We will certainly release it if we are sure we can meet your requirements of features, performance, and scalability. The OPC UA spec is large so I need to know what parts are the most important. Names of OPC UA client applications would be helpful.

This is an identical request: https://feedback.osisoft.com/admin/v3/suggestions/18844639/activity

2. OPC DA Server should periodically update its cache from the PI Server after the initial start

The OPC DA Server service uses %PIPC%\PI_OPCDA2\Data\SavedNamespace.xml to load the tags and does not update the  cache until  the service is stopped and started again. If any new tag is added to the PI Server, it is not picked by the OPC DA Server. The service should periodically update its cache from the PI Server after the initial start.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI OPC DA & HDA Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PI OPC Server 2017 - SDK Aliasing

With PI OPC DA Server 2017, SDK aliasing is no longer supported. It would be nice to be able to not reconfigure the client's ItemIDs and use an alias after migrating a Data Archive.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI OPC DA & HDA Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Ability to Create Item Groups on the PI OPC DA Server

As a PI OPC DA Server User, I would like to be able to create groups of tags (items) on the OPC Server, so that when I look for a specific tag in an OPC Client tool I don't have to search through the thousands of other tags that exist on my PI Server. This will make using the PI OPC DA Server more efficient and enjoyable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI OPC DA & HDA Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED