PI Developer Technologies

Welcome to the PI Developer Technologies feature suggestion box. This forum covers the PI AF SDK, PI Web API, PI OPC DA and HDA Servers, and the PI SQL family. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Developer Technologies for you?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tools to assist in configuring and testing Kerberos delegation

As a PI Administrator, I need assistance configuring and testing Kerberos delegation, so that I can access the full functionality of the products without exposing my system to potential threats.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Web API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand that Kerberos configuration is both difficult and important. We are adding Kerberos configuration checks to our PI Security Audit Tool.

2. Introduce a AF OPC DA/UA Server

Title says it all!
    It would be awesome to have an AF OPC Server exposing real-time data from AF element hierarchy using any type of attributes data reference.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PI OPC DA & HDA Servers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started work on an OPC UA server for the PI System which will expose asset and time series data in the PI System through the OPC UA specification. We consider this experimental work. We will certainly release it if we are sure we can meet your requirements of features, performance, and scalability. The OPC UA spec is large so I need to know what parts are the most important. Names of OPC UA client applications would be helpful.

This is an identical request: https://feedback.osisoft.com/admin/v3/suggestions/18844639/activity

3. PI TagMedian function need to be added in AF analysis.

Please add PI TagMedian function in AF analysis like PI TagAvg and PI TagMean. Currently Median function is available but it cannot be applied for archive values of PI Tags during particular time range

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base