Complete PI Web API documentation
As a PI Web API user I want to know exactly what kind of Body Parameters (their defaults and description) are supported by PI Web API methods. The current sample requests are not sufficient because they do not describe the values for body parameter, though many parameters have unique restrictions.
Here is an example of desired content:
We have received a lot of feedback on this. We are looking at on-line help with better samples of queries and responses. We are looking at some web frameworks for offering a live “Try It” feature for PI Web API. We are also looking at comprehensive search within the PI Web API help system.
Joey Langan commented
An example of a good API: http://docs.winkapiv2.apiary.io/#reference/device/camera/get-camera
1. Has a hierarchical navigation (on the left)
2. It explains what the call is and what the parameters / attributes are
4. It gives an example response
5. It allows you to run your a query against a simulated set of data
6. exportable (prefer to pdf for offline reading, but to a standard APIB or swagger is ok)
Maybe the included swagger export will help - but that is another tool/client I need to now install learn - if you look at the link above - it almost includes all of my requirements already.