PI Developer Technologies

Welcome to the PI Developer Technologies feedback page!  

This forum covers the PI AF SDK, PI Web API, PI OPC DA and HDA Servers, and the PI SQL family. We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add .NET Core support for AF SDK

Please add support for .NET Core to the AF SDK. Currently only full .NET Framework is supported.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PI AF SDK Linux Support

As we know there are 2 major competitor for cloud technologies that is Microsoft and Linux destros. If we want to use Linux docker image or PCF Linux image to connect AF SDK, we don't have any provision for this as of now because AF SDK does not support Linux OS. If we support this then most of cloud customer attracts to use AF SDK in their organization.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have an option for the PIPointList.RecordedValues Method to exclude the current value if now (*) is specified as the end time

With the PIPointList.RecordedValues Method, using an end time of * will include the current value. This is unexpected when the method "Returns a list of compressed values for the requested time range from PI."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expose most of PI-SMT functionalities to AF-SDK

I have to admit that I am surprised and disappointed not seeing any real good administration methods in the AF-SDK. Of course there is Powershell but what I would really want is a nice way of getting all the information I see in SMT and more within C#. There are so much valuable information we could gather and analyse. We could also automate tasks etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide ability to specify ID (Guid) when creating elements or attributes

Provide ability to specify ID (Guid) when creating elements or attributes in AF via the AF SDK.

When replicating data from an external system to AF, we need to be able to use the same GUID that has already been established.  This will allow us to easily query data from PI Web API because the GUIDs can be directly translated into WebIDs without having to perform lookup queries first.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow adding one AFEnumerationSet to a different PIServer

If you run

pIServer.StateSets.Add(aFEnumerationSet);
    afEnumerationSet.CheckIn();

The set will not be checked in if the PIServer of the AFEnumerationSet is not the same as the PIServer you are checking into.

Instead you have to do:

AFEnumerationSet newSet = new AFEnumerationSet(setToCopy.Name);
    foreach (AFEnumerationValue aFEnumerationValue in setToCopy) newSet.Add(aFEnumerationValue); destinationSets.Add(newSet);
    setToCopy.CheckIn();

Please automate that functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement Attribute Trait filtering for AFSearch

I would like to perform AF Searches that return results based on Attribute trait filtering. More specifically, I would like to search for Elements that contain Location trait Attributes, so I can query more easily for assets that have a Location trait. I currently rely on Element Categories or Element Template filtering, but those filters do not always match the search results I am looking for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to change Connection Default Preference for all AF SDK applications

If the user wants his custom applications running on a particular client machine to connect to the secondary server of a collective, he could of course hard-code that. But that becomes impractical if there are a lot of custom programs or they are deployed on several client machines, some of which he might prefer to connect to the primary. It would be more flexible if there was some global setting to control this.

The first thing to do is to change priorities for the primary and secondary by assigning the former a bigger number. This can already be done in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sort list of tags returned by AF SDK's FindPIPoints() method

Add a method that can be used to sort the IEnumerable<PIPoints> returned by AFSDK's FindPIPoints() method. This method should allow the option of sorting on any desired PI Point Attribute.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. afattributesearch expose value timestamp as fields

Maybe I'm missing it, but after performing an AFAttributeSearch I would like to use the binning extensions for summaries or aggregate periods, much like the EventFrame examples. However the fields exposed by AFAttributeSearch do not include the actual event timestamp.

Can OSIsoft either update examples on how this is possible (sadly all examples are across eventframes whose search does expose datetime fields in StartTime/EndTime), or enable retrieval of Timestamp as a field for AFAttributeSearch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED