PI Developer Technologies

Welcome to the PI Developer Technologies feedback page!  

This forum covers the PI AF SDK, PI Web API, PI OPC DA and HDA Servers, and the PI SQL family. We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve error logging when PI Web API fails to load attributes that are not marked as configuration items

As a PI Web API administrator, I would like to see errors logged when PI Web API fails to load any attributes because they are not marked as configuration items. This will decrease required troubleshooting for these issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Web API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort list of tags returned by AF SDK's FindPIPoints() method

Add a method that can be used to sort the IEnumerable<PIPoints> returned by AFSDK's FindPIPoints() method. This method should allow the option of sorting on any desired PI Point Attribute.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI AF SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PI Web API Joined should use a format which can be used in PowerBI

Currently the PI Web Api Joined, delivers the data in a json format which is not really "Power BI" friendly , it would be helpful to have a format where all the datavalues from the subordinated are in the same json object of the base.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable PI Web API to retrieve previous AF Tables versions

Internal AF table has been updated using AF versioning system, however retrieving it whole with PI Web API only works for current version: GetData method from Table controller (GET tables/{webId}/data) does not accept a time parameter.
    Workarounds involve creating Table Lookup Data Reference attributes or joining all table versions adding columns for time range to be later filtered out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Searching of PI Points by PointID or Crawling of the PointID attribute

Allow one to search points by PointID with PI Web API or add the PointID as a attribute that you can index with the search crawler

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI SQL Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Return row number from PI SQL Client calls

It would be useful to be able to access a specific row from a PI SQL Client call. For example if I query muiltiple attributes indicating some KPI ordered from highest to lowest returning 1000 rows, I might want to show only the top 10. The TOP function is supported in SQL Client, but the Table Lookup DR in AF only allows you to find the first row.

It would be useful if either the row number, 1..n, was returned or the table lookup DR would allow you to pick a specific row. This would then allow you to show…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI SQL Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Complete AF SDK documentation

Include protected (C# syntax) member, for example in data reference documentation. I developed more than 20 data reference plugins with functions not provided by Formula and AF analyses and needed to override some not documented methods of the base class.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. afattributesearch expose value timestamp as fields

Maybe I'm missing it, but after performing an AFAttributeSearch I would like to use the binning extensions for summaries or aggregate periods, much like the EventFrame examples. However the fields exposed by AFAttributeSearch do not include the actual event timestamp.

Can OSIsoft either update examples on how this is possible (sadly all examples are across eventframes whose search does expose datetime fields in StartTime/EndTime), or enable retrieval of Timestamp as a field for AFAttributeSearch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expose most of PI-SMT functionalities to AF-SDK

I have to admit that I am surprised and disappointed not seeing any real good administration methods in the AF-SDK. Of course there is Powershell but what I would really want is a nice way of getting all the information I see in SMT and more within C#. There are so much valuable information we could gather and analyse. We could also automate tasks etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow search where name contains space to return determinant results

querying for names which contains spaces is non-determinant. AFSDK has methods to search on name, but webapi OR's the search. For results sets which should contain one or few rows, this can result in thousands of wasted rows.

PI Query syntax EBNF specifies quotedescapedchar, which includes Char, so space should be honored.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PROBLEMA NA ATUALIZAÇÃO PI JDBC 2017-2018

Problemas encontrados na atualização da versão 2017 para 2018.

Quando a biblioteca de conexão tenta acessar tal funcionalidade ocorre a excessão "PreparedStatement#addBatch() is not implemented yet".

Problema similar ocorre com o uso da opção setReadOnly que deixou de ser suportada na versão 2018 do driver. Quando
    o método abaixo é invocado uma excessão é lançada o que causa problemas na nossa implementação. Talvez uma solução
    seja adicionar uma mensagem de warning como a realizada no método setTransactionIsolation.

public void setReadOnly(boolean readOnly) throws SQLException {
        throw new SQLFeatureNotSupportedException("setReadOnly() is not supported by PI JDBC Driver.");
    }

public void setTransactionIsolation(int level)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI JDBC Driver  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED