PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to create child Events (EFs)

As a power user or admin, I would like the ability to create child events (EFs) or sub events within AF Analytics SO THAT I can migrate EFGen configurations to something that can be applied to a template and not configured by tags and SO THAT my users can analyze finer time periods of events.

Most common trigger behaviors for a child event are:
    * Pulse: values are 0/1 or ON/OFF
    * Step: values change and upon each transition, current in-progress event is closed and a new one is created
    * Step Continuous: An event is also captured in the…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom functions for the analysis service

As a developer, I would like the analysis service to support custom functions that I write using AF SDK.

85 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Referencing attributes on other Elements for PI Notifications 2016 Message

Request : Being able to show Attribute values from other Elements other than the attributes on the Referenced Element for the Message in Notification 2016.

Description : From the old version, it was possible for a notification message to display a value not only the target element but also an attribute of other elements (by browsing down elements and selecting the attribute)

In the 2016 version, it does not allow for the user to choose attributes in other elements but only the attributes of the Referenced (or targeted) Element.

The screenshot (Attached file) shows a relative path of an attribute…

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple instances for Asset Analytics

As a PI administrator I would like to be able to create multiple instances of "PI Analysis Service" windows service for these reasons:
    - avoid new potentially problematic analysis from affecting the ones that are operational and working correctly by setting one production instance and one test instance for example.
    - every instance could have its own log files and we could move some analyses to a new instance to troubleshoot them
    - make possible to distribute the resources usage for asset analytics on more than one server

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Event-Weighted Summary Functions

Allow for Asset Analytics to support event-weighted summary functions (as opposed to time-weighted), such as average and count. This will allow for easily aggregating changes in digital tags, discrete sensor readings (e.g., bucket count), etc. This would allow Asset Analytics to easily perform many of the event-weighted functions of PI Totalizers.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a way to view calculation dependencies

As a a user of Asset Analytics I want to see the calculation dependencies for an analysis so that I can understand which analyses are dependant on an analysis and view potential circular references

56 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support different data retention policies

As an administrator, I need to ability to configure the life span of my PI data, so that data are kept or deleted accordingly. For example, data that should be deleted based on corporate mandates and data that should be kept forever are handled accordingly.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 25774OSI8.

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve Management of Asset Analytics

mprove PI AF Analysis Handling in PI System Explorer when working with hundreds of analysis with following features:

- Possibility to sort Analysis/Analysis Templates in alphabetic order by Status, Element, Name, Template

- Possibility to filter Analysis by Status, Element, Name, Template, Backfilling

- Select all filters Analysis to Start/Stop and Start Backfilling
    Problem is when a certain set of a analyses are selected so they will be handled in one go. It is not possible to group the required ones in a contiguous section of lines in the PSE Management Add-In, manual selection is taking very much time.

-…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support "abstract" templates in AF

There is a need to create "abstract" element templates in AF, and this has been requested several times.

2012: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/message/4172
    2014: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/message/27621#comment-27621
    2017: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/32721-possible-to-define-a-virtual-element-template

An abstract class/template is one that you must create a derived version of yourself, you cannot use it directly. It's a base template, but you want to prevent users from instantiating it directly.

You might implement the general attributes for pumps as an abstract template, but you require users to create a derived template for each pump type they have, and then instantiate an element from that.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter expression for inputs to a Rollup

As a user configuring a Rollup analysis, I want to be able to apply a filter expression on the inputs so that the Rollup only includes inputs that satisfy a condition.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 114349.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to search for PI Points used by PI AF attributes

As a user, I want to be able to search for specific PI Points used by PI AF attributes, so that I can easily find where the PI Points are being used.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  7 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List all Notifications and its subscribers

Managing thousands of notifications can be difficult. There should be an option to export all the notifications and its subscribers. In PI Builder, you can find information about notifications via Contacts and Elements. There should be a direct way to list all the notifications.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow substitution parameters in attribute template description

As a user, I want to be able to use substitution parameters in attribute template descriptions, so that when elements are created from template, the attribute template description can be substituted with pertinent information.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 116200.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Event Frame End Trigger Time True Functionality

As a user of event frames, I would like the ability to be able to set a time true condition for the end trigger of an event frame analysis, similar to how this functionality is available for the start trigger

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Conditional Exit for Analysis Expressions

Sometime you want to do an analyse only when one or more conditions are true, if the are not true you want to exit the analyse, so steps below the conditional exit are not evaluated/executed. The conditional in Analytics should look like:

if condition = true then exit analyse

At the moment this is only possible with the function NoOutput(), but then the mapped attribute should be connected to an PIPoint and you have to fill in a else condition. All rows below the conditional exit will not be executed.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow substitution parameters to be used in the SELECT and FROM clauses of the TableLookup Data Reference

As a user, I would like TableLookup Data Reference to be able to use substitution parameters to specify the column name(s) and table name for the SELECT and FROM fields respectively. This would allow for the use of attribute values like those from String Builder attributes to be used to identify the desired column(s) or table and facilitate the use of table lookup within Element Templates.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Six Sigma calculations

As a quality engineer, I need the ability to calculate Six Sigma SQC statitistics for key quality attirbutes. 

Cp, Cpu, Cpl, Pp, Ppk

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Community Edition Of PI

Offer a free Community Edition of PI. Limit the point count, but let us geeks monitor our IOT hobbies with PI. This will encourage business buy in and increase general knowledge of OSIsoft throughout the geek community.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PI System Explorer (PSE PI AF) Web

Please consider creating a web application like PI Vision Admin, PI Web API Search, PI Manual Logger for Web, and the various integrators, but for PI System Explorer (PSE, PI AF). I would prefer this to the client-server design now. It would make version management, software dependency management, upgrading, firewall/network-services management, etc. easier. This would obviate the need to re-package the OSIsoft installers in whatever software package management software an organization uses. Another solution would be to use the Windows 10 application store. However, that wouldn't mesh well with using Cloud IaaS services. OSIsoft could even offer this new PSE…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  7 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more advanced string handling functions to the String Builder data reference

I would like to use some more advanced string functions such as Split, Len (string length), and even regex filtering to allow more fine grained control of how some input strings (such as attribute values or substitution parameters) are manipulated to create a new string output.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  8 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base