PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for bugs, please report to OSIsoft Tech Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Six Sigma calculations

As a quality engineer, I need the ability to calculate Six Sigma SQC statitistics for key quality attirbutes. 

Cp, Cpu, Cpl, Pp, Ppk

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose SQC calculations to the asset model

As a PI user, I want to be able to visualize and analyze the SQC violations that are generated by the SQC rules. 

The ability to save SQC outputs such as  Mean, median, mode, stdev, Cpk, max, min, 1-5 sigma zones, ucl, lcl in the following ways

1) the EF associated with the SQC rule - essentially the alarm event
    2) an EF associated with a process event.  I want SQC summaries added as EF attributes bound by process event frames
    3) AF clients.  I want to be able to add Cpk, sigma etc for any applicable AF attribute to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add reset and hold triggers to SQC analytics

Add the triggers to SQC rules to reset or hold the SQC rule. When monitoring a periodic or batch based process, a user needs to be able to hold the SQC rule or put that rule in a hold state until the process resumes. Without this feature, virtually all violations to the SQC rules are caused by the downtime periods - not the steady state process users are really intending to monitor

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to share with other Groups in PI Vision display

Current status:
    For example:
    username: abc
    if abc is mapped to PI identity called A, then abc can only share display with this identity
    if you want to share with AF identity called B, then abc needs to be mapped to B identity
    I would like directly share display with other identily,it doesn't need to
    be mapped to specific identity

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show attributes from base template on a derived template

When creating or editing  a new derived template or developing new analyses, I would like to have the option to show attributes from the base template.

I should also have the ability to change the default value of these attributes.

The attribute configuration could be greyed out to separate them from the attributes defined on the derived template.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AF Analysis Function to Check for PI Point Existence

As a wide-scale analytics user, I  would like for there to be a function to check  if a PI Point exists. I have an element template that I use to represent a large number of assets. Some of these assets do not have PI-point based attributes that others do. In these cases, the analyses that  reference these attributes will fail because the points do not exist. If there was a way to check for the existence of these points, then I could utilize that in a conditional statement to  allow the analysis to output properly in the case of a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add more advanced string handling functions to the String Builder data reference

I would like to use some more advanced string functions such as Split, Len (string length), and even regex filtering to allow more fine grained control of how some input strings (such as attribute values or substitution parameters) are manipulated to create a new string output.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Step Attribute in the AF Server for PI Point data reference

As an AF administrator I want to be able to specify that an attribute with a PI Point data reference should be displayed as a STEP function to clients without having to enable the STEP attribute in the underlying PI Point configuration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Version dependent analysis

It should be possible to change the used analyses dependent on the version of an element. Currently the analyses are used across all element versions.

For example I want to calculate the expected output of a machine. Starting on 01-Oct the machine is revised and I have to use a different formula for the calculation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Suppress [-15011] PIvalue Type is Not Numeric

An option to suppress "[-15011] PIvalue Type is Not Numeric" when there is a non-numeric OOO event (e.g. string or digital value) between the pibufss last compressed event and snapshot event. While these messages are only informational they can quickly fill up message logs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Failed Calculations to Output a Value Rather Than 'Calc Failed'

As an AF Asset Analytics user, I would like there to be an option to output a value rather than 'Calc Failed' if an analysis fails to evaluate.  I have several aggregate analyses which are dependent on other analyses (which will occasionally fail (which I expect)). When these lower level analyses fail, I would like to have the option of setting the output of the failed analysis to 0 (or some other value), so that the higher level analysis may continue to function properly (instead of failing as well).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Introduce new features in PI-ProcessBook

1. Permanently set the custom output columns for ‘Tag Search’. For instance, I can add ‘Zero’ and ‘Span’ columns in the Tag Search window. However, when I close and reopen PI-ProcessBook, this setting reverts to the original configuration (Server, Tag & Descriptor).

2.Permanently set Trend Cursors. For instance, I can add one or more Trend cursors to a plot in Run mode. However, these disappear as soon as some modifications are done in Build mode or PI-ProcessBook is re-opened? Is there any solution or workaround?
    •         This will be of great help when there are some trends (with Trend cursors)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get the content of a string array in a Notification email

An AF attribute with a data type of String Array and a data reference of table lookup retrieves multiple values from an imported table (number of rows always vary). Would like to get the content of the string array in the body of the Notification or provide a URL link to a PI Vision display with the content of the string array.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications Time Zone Format

In Notifications 2016 R2, when configuring a custom Date format (via the TimeFormat attribute in the AF Configuration database), I would like an option to have the time zone display as EDT, PST, etc. The only option is to show it as a +/- offset from GMT. You can hardcode the time zone (i.e. MM-dd-yy hh:mm:ss tt EDT), but then it doesn't change based on daylight savings time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Error analysiss

As an AF administrator. I want a simple way to generate a complete list of all analyses in error for an entire AF Server. Currently, the only way to retrieve analyses in error is in PI System Explorer which is restricted to a single database and there is no way to export the list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tag Search GUI consistency among client tools

Consistency among tag search GUIs within client products (PI Builder, DataLink, SMT, ProcessBook, etc.)  The search in PI Builder has limited functionality and would be nice to have the same search GUI as used in SMT and ProcessBook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Analysis with conditional timestamp override

Currently it is only possible to specify one timestamp override per analysis.  I would like a way to set a conditional based timestamp override that way the output timestamp could vary based on the result of an analysis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Preview Results should remember the start and end time

As part of debugging, sometimes I use Preview Results (which is available from right-clicking on an analysis), make some changes, and then use Preview Results again.

It would be useful if PI System Explorer would remember the start and end times that I most recently entered in Preview Results. Then it can forget them once PI System Explorer is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Data Anomaly EF generation

Generation of EF automatically for data anomaly like bad,out of range,flatlines and spikes. A single click option which crerate EF if the data anomly occurs (based on the preset hi, lo limits) .

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Copy & Paste of Notification Rules

I would like to be able to copy a notification rule in PI System Explorer from an existing element or template and paste it on another element or template. That way when I have similar notification rules, I can copy/paste and make only the changes I need instead of recreating the rule.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base