PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for bugs, please report to OSIsoft Tech Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Anomaly EF generation

Generation of EF automatically for data anomaly like bad,out of range,flatlines and spikes. A single click option which crerate EF if the data anomly occurs (based on the preset hi, lo limits) .

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for all Event frames belonging to an Element and its Child Elements

Currently in PI System Explorer we can search for Event Frames based on Element Name. However, it would also be good to have the option to also search for Event Frames belonging to child Elements of that specified Element.

For example, if you have a Parent Element for each of your sites or sub-sections within a plant and you would like to see all Event Frames for all assets belonging to that site or sub-section then you can select the option to include child Elements in the Event Frame Search.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Update Asset from the dropdown in the display to match the Event Frame's Primary Reference element of the Event Frames

Users have requested that the when they select an event frame from the Event Frame panel the Asset on the display should update to the Primary Reference Element of the Event Frame

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save analysis result to EventFrame attribute

Currently you can save the start trigger name or expression in an EF attribute.

I want to create a variable on the EF analysis and save the output of that to an EF attribute.

Use case: i have 10 different places where a downtime can occur on a machine (=1 Element). The only difference is the trigger conditions. Currently if i want to know which item is causing the downtime, i need to create 10 EF templates to capture this information. But if i create a simple analysis to determine the downtime location, i can use 1 EF template and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PI AF - Child Event Frames using different template to parent

We currently have Event Frames generating for machine faults, with child event frames then tracking things such as maintenance team response time etc.
    Leveraging this data in excel reports is proving difficult however due to the Child Event Frames having the same template and naming convention as the parent.
    If Child Event Frames could have custom naming or different templates it would be extremely valuable

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop EF after given time

Als a PI admin I want to have the option to stop/end a EF after a given time. This helps to trigger and track onetime events as for example taking a reactor sample.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Split Event Frame on secondary trigger

Currently if we define multiple start triggers, a child Event Frame is generated when a next star trigger fires.

I would like to 'split' the Event in this case. Thus close the EF and start a new one.
    Example use case: I need separate tracking of a status. Nowi have 10 different statusses, requiring 10 different analysis for each status. With this change i can create 1 analysis with 10 different start triggers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let Start Trigger severity set the EventFrame severity

Currently the Severity of the EF is set on the template. The severity of a start trigger allows to create child events.

I want to have the ability to have the severity of the start trigger set the severity of the generated EventFrame. In that way i only need 1 EF template but can configure multiple Start triggers with different severities, resulting in EFs with the appropriate severity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PI AF - Event Frame Naming Pattern

The need and desire is there to be able to further customize event frame names via AF Analysis. I would like the ability to name my event from an Attribute value. In my case this would pull in the BatchID and give the event frame a name of 1001, 1002 and so on for new events.

We can do this in Event Frames Generator but it's not ideal when we only need to correct events for one element we end up touching all of them during a restart or backfill. Doing this via Analysis would be a great benefit to…

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reprocess EF when the trigger Tag is changing

As as PI Admin I want that a EF is automatically changed if for example the Trigger Tag is changing in the archived values from my PI system.
    It could happen that we completly remove the start end trigger for a specific event in the archive. Correspontenly the EF should also removed automaticaly.
    This is at least affecting the EF Generator

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show sequence events in a graph

As Production engineer, for me it would be great being able to show in one graph sequence events, in a way that I could see the trend of different attributes over one, two or three months, for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PSE: Make list of EF searches dependent on AF Database

Currently the list of EF searches is only user-specific. But if i switch databases i end up with a list of searches that make no sense for this AFDB as e.g. the templates do not even exist.

I would like to have the list of EF searches to be specific for the current AFdatabase so that i have a list of searches that makes sense for this AFDB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easily create periodic event frames

I'd like an easy way of creating periodic event frames (such as hourly), so that the close of one event frame is at the same time as the open of the next.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Event Frame summaries

As an user, I want to be able to get summaries of an event frame such as count, total duration, total of event frame attributes so that I can characterize the event.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consume event frame data in attributes

As an user, I want to be able to retrieve results of event frame searches and summaries and store them as AF attributes so that I can view event frame data in an AF attribute.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Aggregate event frames to a time series

As an user, I want to be able to treat event frame like time series data, such as number of active event frames, sum of an attribute, so that I can continuously monitor the evolution of event frames over time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gray out inherited Root Cause Event Frame category

Gray out or remove the inherited Root Cause Event Frame category to avoid having it selected. This will avoid the error "<Event Frame Category> Already Exists"

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base