PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for bugs, please report to OSIsoft Tech Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Six Sigma calculations

As a quality engineer, I need the ability to calculate Six Sigma SQC statitistics for key quality attirbutes. 

Cp, Cpu, Cpl, Pp, Ppk

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose SQC calculations to the asset model

As a PI user, I want to be able to visualize and analyze the SQC violations that are generated by the SQC rules. 

The ability to save SQC outputs such as  Mean, median, mode, stdev, Cpk, max, min, 1-5 sigma zones, ucl, lcl in the following ways

1) the EF associated with the SQC rule - essentially the alarm event
    2) an EF associated with a process event.  I want SQC summaries added as EF attributes bound by process event frames
    3) AF clients.  I want to be able to add Cpk, sigma etc for any applicable AF attribute to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add reset and hold triggers to SQC analytics

Add the triggers to SQC rules to reset or hold the SQC rule. When monitoring a periodic or batch based process, a user needs to be able to hold the SQC rule or put that rule in a hold state until the process resumes. Without this feature, virtually all violations to the SQC rules are caused by the downtime periods - not the steady state process users are really intending to monitor

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AF Analysis Function to Check for PI Point Existence

As a wide-scale analytics user, I  would like for there to be a function to check  if a PI Point exists. I have an element template that I use to represent a large number of assets. Some of these assets do not have PI-point based attributes that others do. In these cases, the analyses that  reference these attributes will fail because the points do not exist. If there was a way to check for the existence of these points, then I could utilize that in a conditional statement to  allow the analysis to output properly in the case of a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Version dependent analysis

It should be possible to change the used analyses dependent on the version of an element. Currently the analyses are used across all element versions.

For example I want to calculate the expected output of a machine. Starting on 01-Oct the machine is revised and I have to use a different formula for the calculation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Failed Calculations to Output a Value Rather Than 'Calc Failed'

As an AF Asset Analytics user, I would like there to be an option to output a value rather than 'Calc Failed' if an analysis fails to evaluate.  I have several aggregate analyses which are dependent on other analyses (which will occasionally fail (which I expect)). When these lower level analyses fail, I would like to have the option of setting the output of the failed analysis to 0 (or some other value), so that the higher level analysis may continue to function properly (instead of failing as well).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Error analysiss

As an AF administrator. I want a simple way to generate a complete list of all analyses in error for an entire AF Server. Currently, the only way to retrieve analyses in error is in PI System Explorer which is restricted to a single database and there is no way to export the list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Analysis with conditional timestamp override

Currently it is only possible to specify one timestamp override per analysis.  I would like a way to set a conditional based timestamp override that way the output timestamp could vary based on the result of an analysis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preview Results should remember the start and end time

As part of debugging, sometimes I use Preview Results (which is available from right-clicking on an analysis), make some changes, and then use Preview Results again.

It would be useful if PI System Explorer would remember the start and end times that I most recently entered in Preview Results. Then it can forget them once PI System Explorer is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Substitution Parameters in Analysis Template Names

As an AF administrator, I want to configure analysis template names using Substitution Parameters to distinguish analysis from each other with PSE and in AF SDK Applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support setting data quality related flags from analysis

As a user of Asset Analytics I would like to manipulate data quality related flags (such as quastionable, substituted, etc) from my analysis so that I can set the flag when there is a problem with input value statuses.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Delivery Channels in PI Notifications (newer versions)

Originally posted on PI Square at https://pisquare.osisoft.com/ideas/3778-custom-delivery-channels-in-pi-notifications-newer-versions

Customer would like to have the Custom Delivery Channels in PI Notifications 2012 upgraded to the newer versions. This limitation is preventing him from updating to the latest technology.

Originally posted on UserVoice

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto-Regroup PI Analytics

Behind the scenes, Analytics groups calculations during startup of the PI Analysis service.  However, after startup, sometimes an Analysis 'falls' out of a group and cannot be added back.  This returns the error message, "Failed to insert calculation to a group due to inconsistent internal state." when Disabling/Re-enabling the calculation.

Although this can be fixed by restarting the PI Analysis service, it can cause a disruption for all AF Databases on the system, not just the one with the error.  This results in hours of backfilling and startup for large PI Analysis systems.

Provide the means to regroup calculations manually…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Integrate Anaconda python

It's important to have Anaconda python with Af to perform machine learning and it will be easy to implement those models to have maximum benifits combined with pi and machine learning

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Override output timestamp when the output is also input for the analysis

If the output of your analysis is also used as an input for the analysis, the option offset the output timestamp relative to the trigger time is grayed out and you see the message "Cannot override output time stamp if any output is used as an input within an analysis". This protection makes sense sometimes because you could cause unsafe triggering scenarios, but there are also valid configurations that are blocked by this. It would be good if there was some way to override this protection in AF in certain situations.

The PI Square post below also describes a similar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set Output Time Stamp of analyses via tags, attributes, or PI expressions.

In the scheduling options for analyses in PI System Explorer, it would be useful, in the "Advanced..." options menu for Output Time Stamp, to have the ability to set it based on the result of PI expression. For example, set it to the timestamp of the previous event of a tag:
    PrevEvent('someTag,'*')

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AF function PrevEvent() should return timestamp of previous event even if data is "No Data"

Normally AF function PrevEvent() returns the timestamp of the previous event for a specified timestamp.

But if the previous event is system digital state "No Data" it does not return the timestamp but again system digital state "No Data". That is not what one would expect.

PrevEvent works ok for other system digital states.
    Performance equation function PrevEvent works as expected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display some analysis context menu items out in the open

If you right-click on an analysis, you get some useful items such as Preview Results, Backfill/Recalculate, Copy, Delete, and Security.

It would be useful to display some of these out in the open without having to open a context menu. The space above the list of analyses would be a good spot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Backfilling % complete should be based on time, not number of analyses

Currently, the "% complete" bar for backfilling analyses is based on the number of analyses that are done backfilling. For example, if you are backfilling 4 analyses, the bar only ever updates 4 times: 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.

These big gaps between updates are not useful if you are backfilling few, but slow, analyses. It also makes it difficult to judge how slow an analysis is without sitting and waiting for the first update.

To provide more granularity, consider basing the bar on time. For example, if I am backfilling 3 weeks of data for 4 analyses, then the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Analytics iteration

In case of only reading the attributes of the tag structure during an analysis/calculation, as tagname, tagnum, etc. could there be a way to put the attribute even though it's an output.
    Background: Customer is using analysis template where some of the elements do not have the tag used on analysis. So he did an if TagBad('attribute') is true NoOutput(), so does not write anything to the output attribute (that is the same tested), he can do this when it is periodic using trigger time. But when he uses relative time ('*-15m') it gives him the following error: Cannot override…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base