PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trigger an event frame each day on a specific trigger

I would like to trigger an event frame on a PI Point, however, that trigger may last for several days. During that time I would like the event frame to close at midnight and automatically reopen a new event frame for my event driven event frame.

Here is an example: Pretend you are measuring the outside air temperature, you want your trigger to trigger when it goes above 50F, chances are your event frame could go on for days before it drops below 50F. Instead of it to go on for days I want a new event frame to create…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Quick watch" function for analyses

While creating and/or debugging analyses in PI System Explorer, I would like to have available an instant evaluation dialog.

This would be something I can bring up empty, and start typing (if in template, use the context of the currently selected Example Element) to evaluate a formula.

If I right click a formula or expression already placed in a variable I would like to see "Evaluate in Instant Window" or "Evaluate instantly", where the dialog is brought up with that text pre-defined. If the expression you right clicked contains time expressions (such as start time, end time) I would like…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add thermodynamic properties air tables to Functions list in AF Analytics

In addition to steam tables, it would be nice to see air tables, particularly for analytics on combined cycle and simple cycle units.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enhance rollup analysis to perform more complex calculations.

I would like to enhance rollups analysis so I can perform more complex calculations. Ideally I would like to be able to build my own functions for example sum of squares...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Analysis managament filters for all users and able to export between diferent AFs

It was so useful for us if we can use filters on Analisis management for all users. We are a 5 people support team, we have the same AF structure in different servers and we must do the same filters user by user, AF by AF.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add External Support for AspenTech Functions in Analysis within AF

Add support to import AspenTech functions into Asset Framework to use with Analysis.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide Enumerated Values for Named Arguments for Analysis Functions

Provide Enumerated Values for Named Arguments for Analysis Functions

For functions with arguments that have named values, provide enumerated choices (not AF enumeration but analysis native)

For instance, the LinRegr function returns an array of results (slope, intercept..).   Rather than specifying the number for the dimension of the array, here is example analysis code:

Name                            Expression
    RegressionData1  |       LinRegr(‘Xvalues’,’Yvalues’,2, ‘t’,’*’)
    Slope                     |       RegressionData1[LinRegr.Slope]
    Intercept                |        RegressionData1[LinRegr.Intercept]

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add functions to perform table queries on AF tables

To access data on AF Tables i now need to add these to an attribute and then access these from analytics

I would like to be able to create a lookup using a Analytics function, so that i can create a lookup of a value in a table based on other calculations i do within my analysis.

This can be limited to the current functionaltiy in the Table Lookup DataReference.
    E.g. to perform forecasts, i currently create attributes where i sum values based on timestamps for x-days forward in time using analytics. Then i use these attributes again in another…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Increase the discoverability of the windows that are accessible by right-clicking on the Operations pane

In PI System Explorer → Management, with the Analysis radio button selected, right-clicking in the Operations pane gives the user access to additional windows. Even though this is documented, it is not very discoverable. Users do not expect right-clicking on a dialog-box-like pane to do anything. The windows also serve minor, but still useful, purposes, so the user is unlikely to search the documentation wondering where to find the functionality that these windows offer.

Please consider eliminating the right-click menu and allowing the windows to be accessed by links, buttons, or icons.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Confirmation Yes/No Dialogue Box When Deleting an Expression within an Analysis

Please add a Confirmation Dialogue Box e.g. Yes/No when deleting an expression from within an analysis.
    It is too easy to hit the X and delete an expression accidently.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trigger analysis on events since time creation of new version AF element.

Situation: Attribute of an AF element is one of the triggers for Event Frame analysis for sending critial Notifications.
    Currently: After creating a new version of an AF Element and setting a new value for the attribute the changed value will possibly not trigger the (Event Frame) analysis (if start trigger is true). This results in missing critical Notifications.
    Reason is that the analysis is restarted after a new version is created and the value may be changed before the analysis is operational again. The analysis doesn't see the changed value as an event than.
    Periodic triggering may not be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reason Code value to AF element attribute or PI Tag

As a PI system user, I need the ability to use reason codes to develop reports and dashboards. The current functionality of PI Vision symbols and analytics do not really enable the use of the current data type of EF attribute.

The ability to map a reason code to an AF attribute either via analytics of via the reason code configuration window would allow this data to be used for much more than currently available.

The use case from a customer workshop last week that I'm thinking of is OEE - not all equipment has the necessary information to properly…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic recalculation on template based analysis without automatic recalculation

It should be possible to check "Recalculate analysis for out-of-order input events" if the analysis is based on a template and the re-calculation is not checked in the template.

A change of the output time stamps is already possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New analysis service installation not forcing the current one to stop

Customer would like to have the following possibility:

During the installation of a new Analyses service kit pointing to a PI AF server where an analysis service is already configured, he would like to prevent the current PI analyses service from stopping during the installation so that no real-time data calculation is lost.

He suggested this because he would like to keep his current analysis service running without forcing it to stop despite this new installation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Modify all Analysis Expressions with Text Visualizer

Similar to the ability to open Text Visualizer by hitting 'F2' would be the ability to do the same for modifying (ALL) analysis expressions at once.

This would be very helpful in copying existing expressions to other analyses or server environments.

It also would allow a much faster find and replace on larger analyses.

I say 'Text Visualizer' but any text editor would work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Additional parameters for analysis function "EventFrame"

Currently the analysis function "EventFrame" supports parameters "StartTime", "EndTime" and "Duration".

I would like to see additional parameters "StartTriggerName" and maybe also "StartTriggerExpression".

That could be useful for creating different "Outputs at close" for different start triggers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default start analyses on checkin

In the Template the check box for Run analysis on checkin should be disabled by default.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED