PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default start analyses on checkin

In the Template the check box for Run analysis on checkin should be disabled by default.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification Run on Checkin default

By default the Start Notifications on Checkin check box should be disabled.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New performance equation function - StDev for event weighted

I suggest creating a new performance equation function similar to StDev but for event weighted

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the Analysis Description as a column to the PI System Explorer Management

When I open PI System Explorer and click the Management button in the bottom-left I'd like the ability to show and hide certain columns of information; for example, I'd like to be able to add the Analysis Description as a column.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let the dimension of an analysis determine the attribute's allowable default UOMs

Currently, if an analysis is mapped to an attribute, the dimension of the analysis's output is ignored and the user must instead choose the attribute's default UOM manually based on the intended dimension of the analysis's output.

To help the user out, the choices of default UOM should be restricted to those whose dimension matches that of the analysis output. If any other unit is chosen, an error should be produced.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Button for unchecking all Trigger On attributes when setting up an analysis

When setting up an Analysis in Pi System Explorer as Event Triggered, all attributes will by default be chosen as Trigger on.

Normally, I would only like the analysis to trigger on one input, if there are many attributes deselecting all is time consuming. There are also a bug (that have been reported earlier which selects all inputs when you do changes to the analysis).

It would therefore be nice if an option to Deselect All inputs were made available. An option to select all is already there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve Notification - PI Coresight URL Configuration

It would be better to have validate URL option in the PI Coresight URL Configurations windows in Notifications->Message Format->Insert Link feature. This would prevent the user from hitting post config incorrect Coresight URL issues.

Currently we do not have a choice to hit the coresight display by display name alone followed by Base Coresight URL address. For example, we may have to give either "/Displays/<ID>/displayname" or "/Displays/<ID>" in the Display name field. It would be good to have a informational message on valid Coresight URL format for native Coresight and PB Displays.

In addition to that, it would be good…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exclude certain event frames when performing backfilling/recalculation

As an asset-analytics user, I need a way for certain event frames to be excluded when backfilling an analysis .
    Use case:
    We have several event frames that are used as Logs/Shift books. Those events do contain a few static attributes. such as comments, quality information, etc. Some also have event frames linked manually (in the form of event. frame references).
    Our problem is that if we start a backfill/recalc, the manual entries will be deleted and the event frame references will be lost.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Propagate variable renaming

If a variable is renamed, the rename should propagate to the definitions of other variables that use the renamed variable.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Permit me to keep "no data" and also use tag with AF Analytics

I'd like a way that permits me to use AF analytics on "no-data" pi points without requiring me to strip/remove all no-data points, so that I can also use "no-data" for notifications.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Backfill analyses from many disparate assets

Have an easier way in the UI to find, select, and backfill 50 or 60 disparate assets such as wells. Currently analyses are a flat list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add External Support for AspenTech Functions in Analysis within AF

Add support to import AspenTech functions into Asset Framework to use with Analysis.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED