PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share custom message formats between notification rule templates

Allow custom message formats to be shared between notification rule templates that live on the same element template and/or utilize the same event frame template.

Example:

An event frame template specifies an event frame attribute that will vary between several integer values.
    Several Notification rule templates can be configured on the same element that trigger on the creation of event frames using this event frame template.
    Each Notification Rule template will trigger on different values of the event frame attribute.
    Each Notification Rule template should use the same message format, but will specify a different set of subscribers.
    Currently, the…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give users the option to search existing Notification Contact Groups

In the "Contacts" pane, allow users to search through existing Notification Contact Groups.
    Additionally, give users the option to organize contact groups in some way, either by who created the group or by extending AF Categories to the contacts pane.

Example:

Notification Contact Groups can be configured to match how various engineers are organized into different teams throughout a company.
    However, another engineer using AF may unknowingly create duplicate notification contact groups, as they cannot easily find an existing contact group with the desired configuration.
    This leads to inconsistencies between notifications (different contact groups that reference the same list of…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to send a notification as a voice call to a phone

As a notification user, I want to receive a phone call when my equipment fails and I want the message I had configured in the format read out to me.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Notification rules to return an EF attribute value belonging to a different event frame in AF

I have a scenario where I would like that a certain Notification Rule, set for an Event Frame analysis (EF1), allows to return the value of an EF attribute belonging to a different Event Frame (EF2).

On this scenario, the EF2 is triggered and finishes inside the time period of EF1.

I would like to have the possibility that when EF1 is triggered the notification rules allow to find the value of the attribute belonging to EF2.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As a notifications admin, I have to move between the management plugin and elements page when I want to edit multiple notifications

With PI Notifications 1.X, a notifications admin, had the ability to use the “Notifications” tab in PSE. Some users would frequently use this tab to run a search on their notifications and return a results set (list of notifications matching their search criteria). Then they would navigate through this list and find the notifications they want to make an edit to. For example, if they wanted to remove a contact from several notifications in this list, they could choose one notification, remove a contact, check-in, select a different notification in the list, remove a contact, check-in, rinse and repeat.

With…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow new Delivery Endpoints to auto-populate with Active Directory fields

When creating a new Delivery Endpoint in PI System Explorer, provide configuration option to retrieve information from Active Directory.  This can include automatically populating the "To Email" field with the AD "Business Phone" field to create new endpoints for receiving Notifications via text message.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. delivery endpoint

When creating a new Delivery Endpoint in PI System Explorer, provide option to retrieve information from Active Directory.  This can include automatically populating the "To Email" field with the AD "Business Phone" field to create new endpoints for receiving Notifications via text message.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resend Interval value inside an attribute

As a PI System Administrator, I want to set the Resend Interval at an attribute so I do not have to enter every time at the notification and take some time to change it.

From time to time we have different priority levels on our equipment that needs more monitoring due to unwanted conditions, especially if there might be something going wrong. Doing it directly at attributes would save a lot of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification email Acknowledgment via an app

The idea would be to have a way of acknowledging the notification email in a specific and simple app. When the notification is pushed to this app the user simply acknowledges it and the system would recognize it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Edit Notify Option in bulk

They want to know if it is possible to set the Subscriber Notify Option as Event start and End as default in the new PI Notifications Rules

They claim it is hard to set it for all the subscribers one by one.

There is currently no way to do that and they would like to have at least the option to do that in bulk.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable to change the font settings for dynamic content values in Notifications Message Format

customer wants to change the font settings for a dynamic content values in the Notification E-mail message format. Only fixed text are only allowed to change. Once the Content value is selected, the Designer icons grey out.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Omit the predefined comment "Notifcation sent to 1 subscriber" in an event

Is it possible to omit the predefined comment/annotation "Notifcation sent to 1 subscriber" in an event?
    We want to send notifcations but these related comments in all events are undesirable.
    We want the operation staff to comment every event and then we want to evaluate the events and comments in excel or have a look at the comments in PI Vision.
    And there it's unconvenient if in front of every user comment is an unwanted Notification info which make sorting and getting a quick overview difficult.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dependency between Notifications

It would be nice to have a dependency between Notification in a way that if one Notification is sent other Notifications are not sent.

My use case is this. I have a corporate AF Server that monitors multiple sites. If a site loses power, I would like my subscribers to be notified once of the power outage and not notified for each system and subsystem. This has happen in the past were a power outage caused a few thousand of emails to be sent which bogged down the SMTP server. Instead a simple email notifying the subscribers of the power…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications 2012 Email Acknowledgment System

To have an email acknowledgement system where recipients can reply to the email and have the notification acknowledged

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to change (or extend) mail format on element level

For some elements, i would like to add some extra agreement specific text to the notification mail.

There is currently no good method for doing this, since this is locked to the template.

I suggest that which mail goes out to each subscriber could be changed on element level (treat as the value of an attribute).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PI Notifications: Run exe on notification trigger

When a trigger condition is satisfied run an executable. This might be possible using Custom Delivery Channel but Custom Delivery Channels are no longer supported in PI Notifications 2.x

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide option for backfilling history and details within notification email

The Notifications rules email format should include backfilling history and details of its respective event frame in the content options. The backfilling content can include:
    - Completed Time
    - Start Time
    - End Time
    - Last Evaluation
    - Events Processed

See the screenshot attached to see an example of the dialog that appears when hovering over the event frame or analysis. This would provide information to the users to know if these were recalculated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dialog for configuring notifications

I would be good to have a dialog for configuring notifications setting as it was available in the old notifications version.
    It seems strange to me to change values in the configuration database.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Online Course for PI Notification Rules

I believe the rather complex process of migrating from the legacy version of PI Notifications to PI Notification Rules and the new paradigm of how they operate deserves an online course in how to migrate, set up, configure, test and improve your new PI Notification Rules.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED