PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to override sender email per notification

Feature of Notifications 2012 that was not carried forward - big mistake.

Need the ability to customize the sender email on notifications.  Makes it easier for users to configure email rules to take actions such as file in certain folders, forward, etc.  Also - with iPhone VIP setting, can set up phone to alert differently for critical notifications.

Huge swing and miss...

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Access Tag Properties for Notification Content

As an AF user, I would like to be able to store a tag’s instrument tag value in an attribute so that it can be used in the content of a Notification. For example, notifying someone on data from a PING interface where the instrumenttag property holds the IP Address.

I am able to create an AF analysis to store a tag’s description in an attribute using the TagDesc PE function, but there is no similar PE function to pull in a tag’s instrument tag.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Notify Option in bulk

They want to know if it is possible to set the Subscriber Notify Option as Event start and End as default in the new PI Notifications Rules

They claim it is hard to set it for all the subscribers one by one.

There is currently no way to do that and they would like to have at least the option to do that in bulk.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notification Reporting

With the arrival of AF 2016R2 notifications changed considerably. One of the features "lost" is reporting on notification delivery. You now simply get an annotation that x number of subscribers where notified.

I would like this to be improved to include a notification delivery report. I would suggest implementing this as a sub event frame that contains the list of subscribers, how they where notified (email, webservice, ...) and the status of the delivery.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Entry of an Coresight Adhoc Display Link in a Notification Email

(AF 2016 R2, Notifications 2016 R2)
    I would like to have support to include a link to an Coresight ad-hoc trend for a specific attribute into an email. I have attempted to use the Insert Link option under Message formats in the following way:
    Entered URL: http://<machine>1/coresight/#/displays/AdHoc
    Adding Keys DataItems, StartTime and EndTime..
    I can drag the start and end time from the event frame properties to populate the Value columns for these keys. But there is no way to get the data item properly set because it must have the full path (like DataItems=\\pisrv1\Test\Element1|Attribute).

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix Value at Send Time

In Notifications Format there is an option to drag in "Value at Send Time". But it's not really send time, it's time that the event open or escalation was sent. If you sign up to get emails when the event close, the value is not the value it was at close, the value is what it was at start. This doesn't make sense and should be fixed.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Weekly and monthly scheduling of notifications in PSE.

Please add support in PSE for weekly and monthly scheduling of notifications.

Thanks

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Value at End Time in PI Notifications 2.X

It would be nice to have the ability to drag and drop the value at end time of  an attribute in the message format of a Notification. We can do this with the value at start time and the value at send time, but not the value at end time. There are some ways to workaround this, but it would be nice to have it as a drag and drop option.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include root cause data into Notifications message

Include event frames root cause data into Notifications message. A customer ask about how to include event frames root cause data into notifications message because he has a notification message generated when an equipment fails but to diagnose the cause of fail he has setup a root cause event frame and he needs to see this root cause data into notifications message.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to clear and not send notifications on Notification service startup.

We've had issue with Notifications spamming users with events should a PI collective member stop getting data.

At times, we need to disable the notification service until we can resolve the issue. After the issue is resolved, we need to start the notification service, and need an option to have it not send past email notifications.

To be clear, clear all past events on service startup.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional PI Notifications "Notify Option" for Reason Code

Add an additional field to the "Notify Option" list in PI Notifications Subscriptions for Reason Code. This enables you to have a triage / supervisor check Event Frames and assign a Reason Code prior to a PI Notification being sent. The receiver of the PI Notification can then action the email / SMS based on the Reason Code provided.

Should not resend an email / SMS if the Reason Code is changed multiple times (no spam).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Receive PI notifications via SMS or WhatsApp delivery channel natively

As an engineer/technician offshore we are rarely in front of a PC or connected to emails. Would prefer to receive SMS or WhatsApp dnotifications without any 3rd party in the middle.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications Message Format Editor handle font changes better

As someone who configures custom message formats using the Notifications feature of PI AF, I would like manipulating fonts to be easier.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications Time Zone Format

In Notifications 2016 R2, when configuring a custom Date format (via the TimeFormat attribute in the AF Configuration database), I would like an option to have the time zone display as EDT, PST, etc. The only option is to show it as a +/- offset from GMT. You can hardcode the time zone (i.e. MM-dd-yy hh:mm:ss tt EDT), but then it doesn't change based on daylight savings time.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement contact-level time formatting specification

I want to be able to configure a time format setting at the contact level. This will allow me to send notifications with the user's desired time format.

We can currently change time formatting options at the notification service level, but I have users receiving notifications from the same system who have different formatting requirements.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notification Resend Count

It would be nice to have a Notification Resend Count that could be used as a content in notification formats.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to use archived data in Notifications

I am trying to do weekly emails on some PI points.  It would be very nice if I could have both the value at start of event and an archive value based on a specified time stamp. 

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keep escalating Notification until it is acknowledged, even if no longer active

I would like the option to configure a Notification to continue to be escalated until it has been acknowledged, even after the trigger condition has become false and the Notification is no longer active.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Push Notifications: Ability to receive notifications on my smart phone via an app

As a Notifications user I would like to receive push notifications on my phone so that I can quickly respond to the alert.

This is more efficient than receiving an email since it will quickly catch my attention.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide the asynchronous communication PI Notification

Allow the notification system to be configured to establish synchronous or asynchronous communication according to the user's needs.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED