PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit Global Default Email in Notifications 2016

As a Notifications administrator, I would like to be able to edit the global default email. so that users within my organization that want to build notifications use a more customized standard email template to base their notification email on.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable to change the font settings for dynamic content values in Notifications Message Format

customer wants to change the font settings for a dynamic content values in the Notification E-mail message format. Only fixed text are only allowed to change. Once the Content value is selected, the Designer icons grey out.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications 2012 Email Acknowledgment System

To have an email acknowledgement system where recipients can reply to the email and have the notification acknowledged

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change Event Frame Analysis Category of the Specific Element

If I have an element template with event frame analyses and notifications, I might want to change the event frame analysis category of a specific element. I thought this could be done by selecting “Allow Extensions” for the element template, but I can’t seem to change the analyses category or notification category for a specific element even when I allow extensions. From a management standpoint it would be nice to filter on these categories to turn on/off specific analyses and notifications.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shift based sending

As a Plant manager I would like to assign specific people to receive notifications based on the time of day since they work in shifts and different people are responsible for the equipment at different times of the day.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Global Resend and Non-Repetition Interval setting

It would be nice to have the possibility of setting a global resend and non-repetition interval.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Patch the persistent Test Send window outside of PI System Explorer

From tech support case 00602329:

In PI System Explorer, click on an element that has notification rules set up. Go to the Notification Rules tab, select a notification rule, click on Manage Formats, and click on Test Send. Enter an email address and click on Test Send. While the button still says "Testing", switch to another window. When the send is complete, the Test Send window will appear overtop of the window that you switched to. The only way to make it go away is to switch back to the PI System Explorer window.

This situation came up when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notifications Subscriptions Notify Option defaults to "Start and End"

Many EFs are poor health in nature such that notifying the user when the event is ended is very important. Many users don't realize that this is an option. Either make start and end the default or present all choices more visibly to the user. This will reduce the amount of time users spend chasing poor health events.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include Creation date in event frame properties for Notifications

We see issues where notifications appear to be delivered late but then find the event frame was created at a later time than the actual event because of connectivity issues. Having the creation date of the event frame exposed for a notification would be helpful in informing of such issues.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Notification Display of the target attribute using any UOM

We default Element Templates to SI Units as standard, which makes sense, but we have Sites that are Imperial and Sites that are metric. This extends to certain department (wells, for example) using different units of measure to the default.
    I need to be able to send notifications to some people in a unit of measure that is not the template default (i.e. imperial), but there is no ability to do this without making duplicate attributes with different default UOM's.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to change the display text for a hyperlink that links to a File on PI System Explorer's Notifications Message Editor.

Currently, PI System Explorer's Notifications Message Editor does not allow the user to change the display text for a hyperlink that links to a File. There are some workarounds (such as using PI Builder to edit the XAML directly), but it would be nice to have this functionality built-in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. delivery endpoint

When creating a new Delivery Endpoint in PI System Explorer, provide option to retrieve information from Active Directory.  This can include automatically populating the "To Email" field with the AD "Business Phone" field to create new endpoints for receiving Notifications via text message.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Omit the predefined comment "Notifcation sent to 1 subscriber" in an event

Is it possible to omit the predefined comment/annotation "Notifcation sent to 1 subscriber" in an event?
    We want to send notifcations but these related comments in all events are undesirable.
    We want the operation staff to comment every event and then we want to evaluate the events and comments in excel or have a look at the comments in PI Vision.
    And there it's unconvenient if in front of every user comment is an unwanted Notification info which make sorting and getting a quick overview difficult.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to change (or extend) mail format on element level

For some elements, i would like to add some extra agreement specific text to the notification mail.

There is currently no good method for doing this, since this is locked to the template.

I suggest that which mail goes out to each subscriber could be changed on element level (treat as the value of an attribute).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dialog for configuring notifications

I would be good to have a dialog for configuring notifications setting as it was available in the old notifications version.
    It seems strange to me to change values in the configuration database.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Specific Number of Required Acknowledgements for an Escalation Team

A way to require a certain number of acknowledgments for an escalation team? (ie: Only stop notifying if 3 or more people of my 5 person escalation have acknowledged the notification)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show different status icon for Notification when it's Event Frame is not Running

For notifications triggered off of an event frame analysis, it is possible for the event frame analysis to be turned “off” (not showing green checkmark) while the corresponding notification still shows a green checkmark. This seems slightly misleading because the notification is technically not running or being evaluated because the event frame is off. Is there a way to show a different icon for the notification if it’s corresponding event frame is not in a running state?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create Analysis and Notifications when limits are set on attributes

As a Notification user I would like a one-click way of configuring a notification on the limits I have set on the attribute so that I spend less time configuring a simple notification such as this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed a rendered view of a web page in the email before sending it.

As a notification user I want to see a view of the web page when I receive an email notification so that I have all the information I need on one screen.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED