PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for bugs, please report to OSIsoft Tech Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to share with other Groups in PI Vision display

Current status:
    For example:
    username: abc
    if abc is mapped to PI identity called A, then abc can only share display with this identity
    if you want to share with AF identity called B, then abc needs to be mapped to B identity
    I would like directly share display with other identily,it doesn't need to
    be mapped to specific identity

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an option in AF Security to not pass down database security to newly created objects

Use case: We want to give a user read access to a single element. All future elements created inherit the Database level Security, meaning the user will also have read access to all future created elements.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add configurable defaults for PI Point "Pointsecurity" and "Datasecurity"

Read access to the PIPOINT table is required for most identities. Pointsecurity and Datasecurity currently use the settings on the PIPOINT table as the default. New points will generally give read access to most identities because of these defaults. This makes it difficult to configure an identity with read access to some points, but not all points (common when giving external contractors limited access).

Additionally, for best practice security, buffer identities need read access to Pointsecurity, but read/write access to Datasecurity. There is currently no way to configure this combination as a default.

Adding two new tables (ex. PTSECDEFAULT and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move Auditviewer function away from local PI System access

I want to run the Auditviewer function as a unprivileged remote user, moving away from the current requirement to run as a local user on the PI Data Archive Server.  This is so I can minimize security risk associated with local user access on a Windows server.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auditviewer separation of roles

I want to separate the security roles between 1) the ability to run an Auditviewer report and (potentially) associate a change control record to a configuration change and 2) the PI Admin Role in order to minimize security risk.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Claims based authentication

As a PI Administrator I want to be able to use claims based authentication throughout the PI System so that I can provide a simplified and secure authentication methodology for all my users, including ones using web based applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base