PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include PI Server as a column option in PI Builder

A PI Server column would be a useful check to confirm which PI Server results are being published to, especially when a PI Admin has a drop down list of many PI Servers/Collectives.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import archived data Into Excel based on start and end times of specified event frame.

Import raw, archived data for a PI tag Into Excel based on start and end times of specified event frame.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automatically apply Excel data validation to PI Builder columns

Currently, if there is a problem in the user's PI Builder sheet, the user will not know until they click on "Publish" and see the error messages.

To help avoid this, consider having PI Builder apply Excel's data validation feature to columns that do not have to connect to the PI Data Archive or the PI Asset Framework to be validated. For example, set up data validation to ensure that certain columns contain only numerical values, integers, dates, or numbers in a certain range. For columns with a fixed number of choices (e.g. the point type attribute of PI Points,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support for context menus for cells in PI Builder

As a user, I want to have context menus for Excel cells when using PI Builder, so that I can select from different options using context menus to speed up configuration of AF objects.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED