PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to automatically exclude an attribute based on an expression

As a PSE user, I would like to be able to configure an expression which allos to automatically set or reset the exclude property on an attribute

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you use the AF 2018 SP2 release, you can use the BadVal() function to check for validity of the input – i.e. if the input PI Point doesn’t exist. Thus you can use the BadVal() function now to check for validity of the input and also whether the input has bad values. Using the BadVal() function you can add logic to your Expression to handle missing inputs or bad inputs.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your question about exclude output attributes. Can you provide an example use case?

2. Ability to create/modify/delete PI Points using PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to be able to create/modify/delete PI Points using PI System Explorer, so that I do not have to use multiple tools to manage my PI Points and AF objects.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support SQL Azure as a PI AF SQL backend

As an administrator, I want to use SQL Azure as the database backend for my PI AF databases, so that I can offload the SQL adminstrative tasks to Azure.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to automatically disbale an analysis based on an expression

As a PSE user, I would like to be able to configure an expression which allos to automatically set or reset the exclude property on an attribute

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you give an example use case for this? Not sure I understand why you would want to disable an analysis based on an expression. Since analytics is an online/continuous/near-real-time calculation engine, its goal in life is to continuously run calculations based on triggers. It seems what you’re asking is a one-time adhoc type evaluation to help you with initial configurations? Can you provide more details?

5. Sort Dates in PI System Explorer correctly

Very small/minor request:
    PI System Explorer Grid Control needs to sort Date Attributes by Date and not by String.

Example of current sorting:

1/1/2018
    11/1/2017
    2/1/2016
    3/1/2015

Proposed sort:

3/1/2015
    2/1/2016
    11/1/2017
    1/1/2018

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED