PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for bugs, please report to OSIsoft Tech Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow element references to have a different name

Allow element references to have a different name be defined. This will make it easier to build alternate hierarchies in AF. A new string substitution parameter (perhaps %ReferenceElement%) would also need to be created to distinguish from %Element%.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi tree-type hierarchy feature in AF

It would be great in AF to have multi tree-type hierarchy feature to be able to copy by reference a parent element (without its child elements attached to it).
    See the attachment

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Suppress [-15011] PIvalue Type is Not Numeric

An option to suppress "[-15011] PIvalue Type is Not Numeric" when there is a non-numeric OOO event (e.g. string or digital value) between the pibufss last compressed event and snapshot event. While these messages are only informational they can quickly fill up message logs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Limit element creation using reference types

I’m designing an AF database where we want most things to be correctly set up and planned on the template side, so that end-users can create the AF content later. One of the functionalities I use is creating my own reference types i PI System Explorer, and it works as expected when I define that elements from TemplateB can only be created below elements from TemplateA.

Example: I want to make sure that the only element below “Oil Well with MPFM” is the actual “MPFM”.

I want to make sure that AF designers follow the rules I've set, to keep…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Import archived data Into Excel based on start and end times of specified event frame.

Import raw, archived data for a PI tag Into Excel based on start and end times of specified event frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pisrvstart and pisrvstop scripts should have pilogsrvX64

pisrvstart.bat and pisrvstop.bat scripts should have "pilogsrvX64" added to them.  Currently all services except the "PIPC Log Server x64" are started/stopped by these scripts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interpolation options for step tags

When the step attribute of a PI tag is "on", allow the user to specify an interpolation method.

The current method assumes that a value is constant until the next event, which works well in most cases.

For tags that track rolling averages, rolling totals, real-time derivatives of totalizer tags with respect to time, etc., it would be more useful to assume that a value is constant up to the previous event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Failed Calculations to Output a Value Rather Than 'Calc Failed'

As an AF Asset Analytics user, I would like there to be an option to output a value rather than 'Calc Failed' if an analysis fails to evaluate.  I have several aggregate analyses which are dependent on other analyses (which will occasionally fail (which I expect)). When these lower level analyses fail, I would like to have the option of setting the output of the failed analysis to 0 (or some other value), so that the higher level analysis may continue to function properly (instead of failing as well).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AF Analysis Function to Check for PI Point Existence

As a wide-scale analytics user, I  would like for there to be a function to check  if a PI Point exists. I have an element template that I use to represent a large number of assets. Some of these assets do not have PI-point based attributes that others do. In these cases, the analyses that  reference these attributes will fail because the points do not exist. If there was a way to check for the existence of these points, then I could utilize that in a conditional statement to  allow the analysis to output properly in the case of a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Introduce new features in PI-ProcessBook

1. Permanently set the custom output columns for ‘Tag Search’. For instance, I can add ‘Zero’ and ‘Span’ columns in the Tag Search window. However, when I close and reopen PI-ProcessBook, this setting reverts to the original configuration (Server, Tag & Descriptor).

2.Permanently set Trend Cursors. For instance, I can add one or more Trend cursors to a plot in Run mode. However, these disappear as soon as some modifications are done in Build mode or PI-ProcessBook is re-opened? Is there any solution or workaround?
    •         This will be of great help when there are some trends (with Trend cursors)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Step Attribute in the AF Server for PI Point data reference

As an AF administrator I want to be able to specify that an attribute with a PI Point data reference should be displayed as a STEP function to clients without having to enable the STEP attribute in the underlying PI Point configuration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notifications Time Zone Format

In Notifications 2016 R2, when configuring a custom Date format (via the TimeFormat attribute in the AF Configuration database), I would like an option to have the time zone display as EDT, PST, etc. The only option is to show it as a +/- offset from GMT. You can hardcode the time zone (i.e. MM-dd-yy hh:mm:ss tt EDT), but then it doesn't change based on daylight savings time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How to share with other Groups in PI Vision display

Current status:
    For example:
    username: abc
    if abc is mapped to PI identity called A, then abc can only share display with this identity
    if you want to share with AF identity called B, then abc needs to be mapped to B identity
    I would like directly share display with other identily,it doesn't need to
    be mapped to specific identity

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Substitution Parameters in Analysis Template Names

As an AF administrator, I want to configure analysis template names using Substitution Parameters to distinguish analysis from each other with PSE and in AF SDK Applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integrate Anaconda python

It's important to have Anaconda python with Af to perform machine learning and it will be easy to implement those models to have maximum benifits combined with pi and machine learning

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Override output timestamp when the output is also input for the analysis

If the output of your analysis is also used as an input for the analysis, the option offset the output timestamp relative to the trigger time is grayed out and you see the message "Cannot override output time stamp if any output is used as an input within an analysis". This protection makes sense sometimes because you could cause unsafe triggering scenarios, but there are also valid configurations that are blocked by this. It would be good if there was some way to override this protection in AF in certain situations.

The PI Square post below also describes a similar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include PI Server as a column option in PI Builder

A PI Server column would be a useful check to confirm which PI Server results are being published to, especially when a PI Admin has a drop down list of many PI Servers/Collectives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get the content of a string array in a Notification email

An AF attribute with a data type of String Array and a data reference of table lookup retrieves multiple values from an imported table (number of rows always vary). Would like to get the content of the string array in the body of the Notification or provide a URL link to a PI Vision display with the content of the string array.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PI SMT: some plugins missing features for future data

Certain plugins in PI SMT do not have features to support future data
    1. Snapshot and Archive Statistics (is available only through piartool)
    2. Current Data does not subscribe to timeseries in Update Manager
    3. Stale and Bad tags

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tag Search GUI consistency among client tools

Consistency among tag search GUIs within client products (PI Builder, DataLink, SMT, ProcessBook, etc.)  The search in PI Builder has limited functionality and would be nice to have the same search GUI as used in SMT and ProcessBook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base