PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Moving Child Attributes

Provide a way to move child attributes to another parent attribute.

Currently, it is required to create a new child attribute in the destination parent attribute then delete the original child attribute.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. URI DataReference to support substitution variables

The URI DataReference cannot use substitution variables, and thus if you have 1000 URI attributes to refer to a Coresight display, you need to specify your Coresight server 1000 times.
    Having that URI (or other parts) in another attribute would be helpful.

Currently i use the stringbuilder for that reason, as the URI builder does not support this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Easy selection of PI Archives to Backup

Currently, if we want to do a backup of an archive in SMT, we have to tick it. But the customer may has like 500 archives and wants to copy 100 of them. There is currently no friendly-user way to select multiple archives (without unregister them) using strg or shift key (like selecting multiple file on windows)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  System Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TableLookup

Table Lookup currently only allows you to use attribute values or hardcoded values for the Where clauses. It would be nice if we can input string functions like Right() or Concat() to allow us more flexibility in building queries.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. troubleshooting AF Analytics with better diagnostics

I'd like better diagnostic information around why event frames are not create by AF Analytics so that my solutions are of high quality and my users have confidence in their EF data.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Permit me to keep "no data" and also use tag with AF Analytics

I'd like a way that permits me to use AF analytics on "no-data" pi points without requiring me to strip/remove all no-data points, so that I can also use "no-data" for notifications.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Archive Reprocessing Backup

The current automated Archive reprocessing creates a backup of the original archive in the archive directory. This can lead to a situation where the archive drive runs out of space.

It would be useful to be able to configure the backup location for the reprocessed archives. This should be a tuning parameter.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display path of element in the PSE

As a user, I would like to be able to easily see the full path of an element in the General tab, and be able to copy this path to my clipboard.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Referencing attributes on other Elements for PI Notifications 2016 Message

Request : Being able to show Attribute values from other Elements other than the attributes on the Referenced Element for the Message in Notification 2016.

Description : From the old version, it was possible for a notification message to display a value not only the target element but also an attribute of other elements (by browsing down elements and selecting the attribute)

In the 2016 version, it does not allow for the user to choose attributes in other elements but only the attributes of the Referenced (or targeted) Element.

The screenshot (Attached file) shows a relative path of an attribute…

105 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Analysis need to be able to query Event Frames

the ability to rollup or sum event frame data for a month would be great!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AF Table Link via Web REST Query or SharePoint List

Having the ability to query cloud-based data, web data, or SharePoint data would further leverage the ability to bring in various data sources.

Having the ability to do a web call would allow us to connect to so many more data sources. Sharepoint Connection would also help a bunch. Since many Document systems are either web-based or Sharepoint Based this opens a whole other world.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Percentile function

As a user of analyses, I would like to have a Percentile function so that I can filter out atypical events when doing summary calls. The function would look like this: Percentile('attribute', 'timerange', value). This is related to enhancement request WI 44140.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give users the option to search existing Notification Contact Groups

In the "Contacts" pane, allow users to search through existing Notification Contact Groups.
    Additionally, give users the option to organize contact groups in some way, either by who created the group or by extending AF Categories to the contacts pane.

Example:

Notification Contact Groups can be configured to match how various engineers are organized into different teams throughout a company.
    However, another engineer using AF may unknowingly create duplicate notification contact groups, as they cannot easily find an existing contact group with the desired configuration.
    This leads to inconsistencies between notifications (different contact groups that reference the same list of…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Under the "Event Frame Search" option, give users more options for triggering on Attribute Values

When setting a notification's trigger criteria and specifying the "Event Frame Search" option, give the user more options for triggering on Attribute Values.

Current options: Equal, Not Equal
    Suggestions: Greater Than, Less Than, Greater Than Or Equal, etc.

Additionally, allow the user to specify AND/OR clauses between multiple Attribute Value triggering criteria. Currently, this seems to be an implicit AND only.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share custom message formats between notification rule templates

Allow custom message formats to be shared between notification rule templates that live on the same element template and/or utilize the same event frame template.

Example:

An event frame template specifies an event frame attribute that will vary between several integer values.
    Several Notification rule templates can be configured on the same element that trigger on the creation of event frames using this event frame template.
    Each Notification Rule template will trigger on different values of the event frame attribute.
    Each Notification Rule template should use the same message format, but will specify a different set of subscribers.
    Currently, the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Selectable Write Mode for Analyses

As an analysis user I would like to define what should happen if multiple triggers occur with the same timestamp.
    Currently AF analysis are using "Replace" mode when writing to the archive (meaning if multiple triggers have the same timestamp, the last one will overwrite all previous ones). AF SDK supports using "Insert" mode (which allows for multiple values having the same timestamp). I would like to have an option to select the write mode for each analysis.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Resizing the Installation Complete and Installation Error Window

For users who are performing installations through the use of PI System installation kits they would like the ability to resize the Installation Complete (Installation Error) Window so that they can get all of the details on all of the modules of the installation kit within one image/view without the need to horizontally scroll, losing the view of the module name while looking at the status and comments. Furthermore for installation kits with many products currently not able to view all of the products at once, must vertically scroll, seeing only partial list. Being able to resize this windows would…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Date Format in AF Event Notification

In AF please provide a way to suppress time zone and/or to format the timestamp in AF Events, particularity, Notifications. For example, in the message format in e-mail notification I do not need to indicate the time zone it was triggered in.
    Please make this available in the AF SDK as well as in PI System Explorer.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED