PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter expression for inputs to a Rollup

As a user configuring a Rollup analysis, I want to be able to apply a filter expression on the inputs so that the Rollup only includes inputs that satisfy a condition.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 114349.

63 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic element search/view for rollup

As a user of Asset Analytics I would like to have more flexibility in including elements in my rollup calculation so that I would not need to build large hierarchies just for the purpose of rollup analyses.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to not capture value for event frames generation

As an engineer I need the option to not capture values for event frames generation so that if I have out-of-order events, I don't have to recapture the values.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 114349.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to send a notification as a voice call to a phone

As a notification user, I want to receive a phone call when my equipment fails and I want the message I had configured in the format read out to me.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add functionality to tables to make it more dynamic and easier to configure in a format.

As a notification user I want to see a table of all the attributes and its values on the target element in my email, furthermore when I add or remove attributes I want to see it automagically updated in my email without me having to reconfigure the table in my format.  

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shift based sending

As a Plant manager I would like to assign specific people to receive notifications based on the time of day since they work in shifts and different people are responsible for the equipment at different times of the day.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Embed a rendered view of a web page in the email before sending it.

As a notification user I want to see a view of the web page when I receive an email notification so that I have all the information I need on one screen.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Location based sending

As a Notification user I would like to assign specific people to receive notifications based on the location of the equipment since my equipment travels all the time and different people are responsible for the equipment based on the location of it.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Push Notifications: Ability to receive notifications on my smart phone via an app

As a Notifications user I would like to receive push notifications on my phone so that I can quickly respond to the alert.

This is more efficient than receiving an email since it will quickly catch my attention.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to send a notification without being triggered by an event frame

As a notification user I want to receive a report on daily or weekly basis but I don’t want to store any associated data about it like the event frame information or the notification history since I use event frames for other purposes and I don’t want to clutter my PI system

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create Analysis and Notifications when limits are set on attributes

As a Notification user I would like a one-click way of configuring a notification on the limits I have set on the attribute so that I spend less time configuring a simple notification such as this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to track asset connectivity changes over time

As a user, I want to track asset connectivity changes over time, so that I can visualize and analyze interdepedencies of assets over tiem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve usability of configuring AF security using PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to have improved interaction when configuring AF security using PI System Explorer, so that I can make changes to AF security more easily and accurately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for context menus for cells in PI Builder

As a user, I want to have context menus for Excel cells when using PI Builder, so that I can select from different options using context menus to speed up configuration of AF objects.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for clipboard "cut" operation in PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to be able to perform clipboard "cut" operations in PI System Explorer, so that I can remove an object and store it in the clipboard for later use.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The “cut” or “move” functionality has not been implemented in PI System Explorer yet, but would be a useful feature. When it is implemented, it will work similar to cut & paste of files in Windows where it will not delete the source until it has been copied to the destination.

16. Ability to visualize AF element connectivities like a graph using PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to be able to view AF element connectivities using a graph view rather than a tree, so that I can see more relationships between elements than just parent-child as in a tree.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to create/modify/delete PI Points using PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to be able to create/modify/delete PI Points using PI System Explorer, so that I do not have to use multiple tools to manage my PI Points and AF objects.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support import/export of AF tables in PI Builder

As a user, I want to be able to import/export AF tables using PI Builder, so that I can make changes as needed.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable PI Builder for Office Web Apps

As a user, I want to be able to use PI Builder in a web browswer, so that I can use PI Builder with Office 365.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow AF Enumeration Set as data type of column in AF Table

As a user, I want to be able to use AF Enumeration Set as a data type in a column of an AF Table, so that I can populate the column based on defined values in an AF Enumeration set.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED