PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable PI Builder for Office Web Apps

As a user, I want to be able to use PI Builder in a web browswer, so that I can use PI Builder with Office 365.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow AF Enumeration Set as data type of column in AF Table

As a user, I want to be able to use AF Enumeration Set as a data type in a column of an AF Table, so that I can populate the column based on defined values in an AF Enumeration set.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow substitution parameters in attribute template description

As a user, I want to be able to use substitution parameters in attribute template descriptions, so that when elements are created from template, the attribute template description can be substituted with pertinent information.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 116200.

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to search find where specific UOM are used

As a user, I want to be able to find where specific UOM are used, so that I know the impact of UOM changes to my PI AF hierarchy.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to search for PI Points used by PI AF attributes

As a user, I want to be able to search for specific PI Points used by PI AF attributes, so that I can easily find where the PI Points are being used.

96 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  10 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support SQL Azure as a PI AF SQL backend

As an administrator, I want to use SQL Azure as the database backend for my PI AF databases, so that I can offload the SQL adminstrative tasks to Azure.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Composite element templates

As an user I want to be able to create a template hierarchy (parent-child) all at once, so that I can easily create a hierarchy representing related assets. For example, create a motor, gearbox, compressor train with a single template that actually consists of (in this case) 3 templates.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide the ability to have attribute template that can be used in multiple element templates (attribute sets)

As an user I want to be able to configure attribute templates that can be used in multiple element templates, so that I can used common attributes between different templates. For example, create three templates representing 3 different kinds of motor but each template can use an attribute template consisting of input current, input voltage, casing temperature.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for localized element and attribute names

As an user, I want to be able to have a localized element and attribute name in addition to the base language, so that my users do not have to learn a different language.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for bulk calls for custom data references

As a developer, I want to be able to take advantage of bulk calls from my custom data references so that I can improve the data access performance.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A single data reference that works with numbers, times, strings, and substitutions

As an user, I want a single data reference that can handle numbers, strings, times, and substitutions so that I don't have to chain together different data references.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Web service data reference

As an user, I want to be able to query web services using a fully support attribute data reference so that I can get the information I need from web services without having to write my own custom data reference.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to write data to the Buffer Subystem using the AF SDK when PI Data Archive is unavailable at start up

As an user, I want to be able to write data to the PI Data Archive via the Buffer Subsystem even when the PI Data Archive is unavailable at start up so that my application can continue to run without having to wait for a connection to the PI Data Archive.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PI Point summary with flexible start/end time

As an user, I want to be able to summerize a PI Point data reference with a flexible start/end time relative to the start/end time of an event frame so that I can choose to summarize a fraction of an event frame.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consume event frame data in attributes

As an user, I want to be able to retrieve results of event frame searches and summaries and store them as AF attributes so that I can view event frame data in an AF attribute.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Aggregate event frames to a time series

As an user, I want to be able to treat event frame like time series data, such as number of active event frames, sum of an attribute, so that I can continuously monitor the evolution of event frames over time.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Backfill analyses from many disparate assets

Have an easier way in the UI to find, select, and backfill 50 or 60 disparate assets such as wells. Currently analyses are a flat list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Data Quality: Assess Data Integrity

Have a way to assess the data integrity so end users can trust the data and issues can be fixed quickly.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recover data from current time moving backwards

Recover data from the current time back rather than start of a data gap to now (current time). The most important thing is to get current data immediately.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use geolocation to find nearby assets around me

Use geolocation to find assets around the location of another asset.

For example, find all wells within 2 miles of well 1043.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED