PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extensible analytics

As a process engineer I would like to be able to integrate complex specific calculations, such as from a 3rd party analytics engine, so that I can use the Asset Analytics and its context with all the available data and scheduling to run those without needing to do custom heavy development.

221 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple instances for Asset Analytics

As a PI administrator I would like to be able to create multiple instances of "PI Analysis Service" windows service for these reasons:
    - avoid new potentially problematic analysis from affecting the ones that are operational and working correctly by setting one production instance and one test instance for example.
    - every instance could have its own log files and we could move some analyses to a new instance to troubleshoot them
    - make possible to distribute the resources usage for asset analytics on more than one server

174 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to create child Events (EFs)

As a power user or admin, I would like the ability to create child events (EFs) or sub events within AF Analytics SO THAT I can migrate EFGen configurations to something that can be applied to a template and not configured by tags and SO THAT my users can analyze finer time periods of events.

Most common trigger behaviors for a child event are:
    * Pulse: values are 0/1 or ON/OFF
    * Step: values change and upon each transition, current in-progress event is closed and a new one is created
    * Step Continuous: An event is also captured in the…

119 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a way to view calculation dependencies

As a a user of Asset Analytics I want to see the calculation dependencies for an analysis so that I can understand which analyses are dependant on an analysis and view potential circular references

100 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  2 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Management of Asset Analytics

mprove PI AF Analysis Handling in PI System Explorer when working with hundreds of analysis with following features:

- Possibility to sort Analysis/Analysis Templates in alphabetic order by Status, Element, Name, Template

- Possibility to filter Analysis by Status, Element, Name, Template, Backfilling

- Select all filters Analysis to Start/Stop and Start Backfilling
    Problem is when a certain set of a analyses are selected so they will be handled in one go. It is not possible to group the required ones in a contiguous section of lines in the PSE Management Add-In, manual selection is taking very much time.

-…

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

RESEARCHING / EVALUATING  ·  14 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic Recalculation of Event Frame in PI Analysis

As a user, I would like to have the option to automatic recalculation of event frame for out-of-order input events in AF analysis. The option is available for expression analysis in PI Analysis  2017 R2 but not for event frame generation analysis.

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Event Frame End Trigger Time True Functionality

As a user of event frames, I would like the ability to be able to set a time true condition for the end trigger of an event frame analysis, similar to how this functionality is available for the start trigger

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter expression for inputs to a Rollup

As a user configuring a Rollup analysis, I want to be able to apply a filter expression on the inputs so that the Rollup only includes inputs that satisfy a condition.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 114349.

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to disable auto backfilling on a per analysis basis

Currently in the analysis service configuration there is a parameter called “AutoBackfillingEnabled” which affects the analysis calculations in a global basis. It would be great if it were possible to disable the auto backfilling to individual calculations.

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Six Sigma calculations

As a quality engineer, I need the ability to calculate Six Sigma SQC statitistics for key quality attirbutes. 

Cp, Cpu, Cpl, Pp, Ppk

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Periodic trigger monthly and yearly

I would like to have monthly and yearly periodic trigger for Analysis-Expression and Event Frame Generation. Currently I have to use the daily trigger and check in the analysis if the month or the year changed. In case of “false” there is no output. In the case of “true” there is an output. This works but it is circuitous.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Percentile function

As a user of analyses, I would like to have a Percentile function so that I can filter out atypical events when doing summary calls. The function would look like this: Percentile('attribute', 'timerange', value). This is related to enhancement request WI 44140.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Analytics function for Last Good Value

We have come across a number of occasions where we want to bring in the last good value of an attribute as an input to an analytics.  But there is no way to do this without additional attributes and analytics.  It would be convenient if a function existed that brought in the last good value of the attribute.  This is particularly useful when your data source is known to send NULL value frequent which translate into No Data or Bad Input.  One specific example:

We have a number of analytics that only run if one of our engine is on. …

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PI Analysis Performance Checker

Currently PI Analysis Service has a built-in Statistics tool in PI System Explorer.

It is able to show statistics regarding Evaluation and Calculation Lag as well as Skipped Evaluations and some other important information.

PI System Explorer could run these statistics periodically and notify the user (in the Management tab or in the Analysis tab itself) whenever a PI Analysis has its parameters out of certain values (could cause a bad performance)

So that the users could avoid performance issues more easily.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PI AF - Child Event Frames using different template to parent

We currently have Event Frames generating for machine faults, with child event frames then tracking things such as maintenance team response time etc.
    Leveraging this data in excel reports is proving difficult however due to the Child Event Frames having the same template and naming convention as the parent.
    If Child Event Frames could have custom naming or different templates it would be extremely valuable

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Analysis trigger on different inputs when timestamps of input tags are equal

If an Analysis is triggered on "Any Input", and the inputs have the same timestamp but come in after each other, the Analysis is only triggered at the first input.

For example: We have a simple Analysis which summarizes 2 tag.
    The first tag comes in a 14:00, with timestamp 14:00. This triggers the calculation. The second tag comes in at 14:02 also with timestamp 14:00. Now the calculation in not triggered anymore.

We've also discussed this with Techsupport, and they came with the following statement: "With Event Triggered, the first value to come into the PI DA is used…

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support setting data quality related flags from analysis

As a user of Asset Analytics I would like to manipulate data quality related flags (such as quastionable, substituted, etc) from my analysis so that I can set the flag when there is a problem with input value statuses.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Compare timestamps and output most recent value in child elements to parent element

From a varying number of child elements (all sharing the same template), I want to find the most recent timestamp of a same template-based attribute, and output the value with timestamp to an attribute in the parent element.
    In addition, constantly (event-triggered/periodic) comparing the timestamps of these child element attributes and always output the "newest" value to the parent element attribute.

Example:

From 3 child elements, all sharing the same template with attribute "ALARM", I want to have the most recent value comparing the 3 "ALARM"s, and have this timestamp and value in an attribute in the parent element.

Suggestions…

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Expose SQC calculations to the asset model

As a PI user, I want to be able to visualize and analyze the SQC violations that are generated by the SQC rules. 

The ability to save SQC outputs such as  Mean, median, mode, stdev, Cpk, max, min, 1-5 sigma zones, ucl, lcl in the following ways

1) the EF associated with the SQC rule - essentially the alarm event
    2) an EF associated with a process event.  I want SQC summaries added as EF attributes bound by process event frames
    3) AF clients.  I want to be able to add Cpk, sigma etc for any applicable AF attribute to…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Analysis Data Reference Step Functionality

Use case: User wants to trend Analysis Data Reference in client tools (Processbook, Coresight). User doesn’t want to create a PI tag for this output. Currently, the AnalysisDR ignores step, even if it’s input attributes are step.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED