How can we improve the PI Server?

Error analysiss

As an AF administrator. I want a simple way to generate a complete list of all analyses in error for an entire AF Server. Currently, the only way to retrieve analyses in error is in PI System Explorer which is restricted to a single database and there is no way to export the list.

12 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Brent Bregenzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to Stephen Kwan, "This is not available currently because ..."
    Thanks for the explanation, Steve; it makes sense.  Can you comment on the original request to have an export feature from the Management plugin in PSE?  Hopefully this would be easier to implement in the short term.

• AdminStephen Kwan (Product Manager, OSIsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not available currently because the status(es) are actually in PI Analysis Service and not in AF. Thus, the AF SDK would need to be extended to cover PI Analysis Service publicly, i.e. public methods in the AF SDK. This is currently in our backlog but will require some time to implement.

• bwilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extending this - there is no way to identify analyses in error via the AFSDK. the status returned via the status property or GetStatus() method is either ENABLED or DISABLED for all analyses. There should be a property/method that returns the Status being displayed in PSE.

• Brent Bregenzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree the export feature for such lists in the PSE Management Plugin would be useful. Also, could a column be added in PI Builder to display the status of an analysis (Running, Warning, Error)? This should also be a searchable field in the initial search options in the menu.
    This would help with a common problem: I want to disable analyses in Error and/or Warning to help mitigate their negative effects on analysis service performance, but I need a list to track these so I (or the analysis owner) can go back and fix them. Once the analysis is disabled, it will no longer show up in the search results for analyses in error.

Feedback and Knowledge Base