How can we improve the PI Server?

Step Attribute in the AF Server for PI Point data reference

As an AF administrator I want to be able to specify that an attribute with a PI Point data reference should be displayed as a STEP function to clients without having to enable the STEP attribute in the underlying PI Point configuration.

5 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastien Raposo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminChris Manhard (Software Engineer, OSIsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The step attribute indicates a basic behavior of the data, and controls more than the trend - but behavior in interpolation.  If the change is only for the behavior of a trend - perhaps it would be better to override the behavior in a trend setting.  Can you explain a bit more the use case?

• Ramkumar Kalaiyarasan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's say i create an AF attribute which calculates average with PI Point data Reference enabled with step, i can see the AF Trend with step enabled but not the PI Vision. It would be good to have this property inherited in the PI Vision Trend as well.

• AdminChris Manhard (Software Engineer, OSIsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The step attribute indicates a basic behavior of the data, and controls more than the trend - but behavior in interpolation. If the change is only for the behavior of a trend - perhaps it would be better to override the behavior in a trend setting. Can you explain a bit more the use case?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED