PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support SQL Azure as a PI AF SQL backend

As an administrator, I want to use SQL Azure as the database backend for my PI AF databases, so that I can offload the SQL adminstrative tasks to Azure.

52 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TELL US MORE  ·  12 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AF: More Easily Accessible Attribute Properties Window

The Attribute Properties window has information that is useful for troubleshooting and Custom Data Reference development. For Data references without configuration screens defined, clicking "Settings" will bring up the Properties window.

However, getting to the Attribute Properties window for data references that have a configuration screen defined (i.e. PI Point) requires you to Shift + Click the "Settings" button, and can not be accessed from the regular configuration screen. It would be nice to have a more apparent method to access the properties for an attribute, such as an extension of the context menu (right click), or perhaps a small…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better visual distinction between reference types in the element hierarchy in PI System Explorer

Currently, you cannot visually distinguish between a composition relationship and a primary parent-child relationship, or between a secondary parent-child relationship and a weak reference in the element hierarchy in PI System Explorer. Please allow all of the built-in reference types to be visually distinguishable from each other from the element hierarchy. Perhaps the dotted line that connects the parent to the child could be formatted (solid versus dotted?) in addition to modifying the child element's symbol.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you provide specific use cases? For example, what would you do differently if such distinctions are available visually?

Composition and parent-child references primarily affect what happens when objects are deleted. It really doesn’t affect visualization.

Any details you can provide would be helpful.

4. Sort Dates in PI System Explorer correctly

Very small/minor request:
    PI System Explorer Grid Control needs to sort Date Attributes by Date and not by String.

Example of current sorting:

1/1/2018
    11/1/2017
    2/1/2016
    3/1/2015

Proposed sort:

3/1/2015
    2/1/2016
    11/1/2017
    1/1/2018

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve usability of configuring AF security using PI System Explorer

As a user, I want to have improved interaction when configuring AF security using PI System Explorer, so that I can make changes to AF security more easily and accurately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to write data to the Buffer Subystem using the AF SDK when PI Data Archive is unavailable at start up

As an user, I want to be able to write data to the PI Data Archive via the Buffer Subsystem even when the PI Data Archive is unavailable at start up so that my application can continue to run without having to wait for a connection to the PI Data Archive.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED