PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PI AF - Event Frame Naming Pattern

The need and desire is there to be able to further customize event frame names via AF Analysis. I would like the ability to name my event from an Attribute value. In my case this would pull in the BatchID and give the event frame a name of 1001, 1002 and so on for new events.

We can do this in Event Frames Generator but it's not ideal when we only need to correct events for one element we end up touching all of them during a restart or backfill. Doing this via Analysis would be a great benefit to…

51 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easily create periodic event frames

I'd like an easy way of creating periodic event frames (such as hourly), so that the close of one event frame is at the same time as the open of the next.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Event Frame summaries

As an user, I want to be able to get summaries of an event frame such as count, total duration, total of event frame attributes so that I can characterize the event.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Event Frame Generation for Step Changes

There does not seem to be a clear and concise way to trigger a new event frame (and end an old one) based on a step change in a tag. For example, if we had a tag, PHASE, that changed every time we entered a  new phase and remained at that value, I would like to end a previous EF and start a new EF anytime that tag changed. Currently, even with performance equations, there doesn't seem to be a clear way of doing this with an EF Analysis. You can do it with the EF generator interface, but it…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The permissions at the EF level are derived from template, want to configure AF security for permission of EF level only.

Want to configure AF security that will allow an AF Identity to rename Event Frames once they have been generated, but do not want this Identity to be able to modify the Event Frame Template that the Event Frame is based on. The permissions at the EF level are derived from their associated template. This is stated in the following documentation:
    https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/server-v11/GUID-B1D6E6F0-8F1E-401D-8574-92BE6DF31A9F

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The security on the created Event Frames is controlled by the template’s ReadData and WriteData security settings. For your use case, you would configure the template’s security for the identity to NOT have Write permission and to have both ReadData and WriteData permissions.

The documentation in the AF SDK’s help for AFSecurity class has more information: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Documentation/PI-AF-SDK/html/T_OSIsoft_AF_AFSecurity.htm

6. Support event frame duration as a substitution parameter

As an user, I want to be able to substitute the duration of an event frame in a data reference ConfigString so that the data reference can take the event frame duration into consideration.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Frames (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED