PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trigger an event frame each day on a specific trigger

I would like to trigger an event frame on a PI Point, however, that trigger may last for several days. During that time I would like the event frame to close at midnight and automatically reopen a new event frame for my event driven event frame.

Here is an example: Pretend you are measuring the outside air temperature, you want your trigger to trigger when it goes above 50F, chances are your event frame could go on for days before it drops below 50F. Instead of it to go on for days I want a new event frame to create…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Quick watch" function for analyses

While creating and/or debugging analyses in PI System Explorer, I would like to have available an instant evaluation dialog.

This would be something I can bring up empty, and start typing (if in template, use the context of the currently selected Example Element) to evaluate a formula.

If I right click a formula or expression already placed in a variable I would like to see "Evaluate in Instant Window" or "Evaluate instantly", where the dialog is brought up with that text pre-defined. If the expression you right clicked contains time expressions (such as start time, end time) I would like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ANSWERED  ·  5 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the discoverability of the windows that are accessible by right-clicking on the Operations pane

In PI System Explorer → Management, with the Analysis radio button selected, right-clicking in the Operations pane gives the user access to additional windows. Even though this is documented, it is not very discoverable. Users do not expect right-clicking on a dialog-box-like pane to do anything. The windows also serve minor, but still useful, purposes, so the user is unlikely to search the documentation wondering where to find the functionality that these windows offer.

Please consider eliminating the right-click menu and allowing the windows to be accessed by links, buttons, or icons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trigger analysis on events since time creation of new version AF element.

Situation: Attribute of an AF element is one of the triggers for Event Frame analysis for sending critial Notifications.
    Currently: After creating a new version of an AF Element and setting a new value for the attribute the changed value will possibly not trigger the (Event Frame) analysis (if start trigger is true). This results in missing critical Notifications.
    Reason is that the analysis is restarted after a new version is created and the value may be changed before the analysis is operational again. The analysis doesn't see the changed value as an event than.
    Periodic triggering may not be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic recalculation on template based analysis without automatic recalculation

It should be possible to check "Recalculate analysis for out-of-order input events" if the analysis is based on a template and the re-calculation is not checked in the template.

A change of the output time stamps is already possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Button for unchecking all Trigger On attributes when setting up an analysis

When setting up an Analysis in Pi System Explorer as Event Triggered, all attributes will by default be chosen as Trigger on.

Normally, I would only like the analysis to trigger on one input, if there are many attributes deselecting all is time consuming. There are also a bug (that have been reported earlier which selects all inputs when you do changes to the analysis).

It would therefore be nice if an option to Deselect All inputs were made available. An option to select all is already there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Permit me to keep "no data" and also use tag with AF Analytics

I'd like a way that permits me to use AF analytics on "no-data" pi points without requiring me to strip/remove all no-data points, so that I can also use "no-data" for notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add functions for converting between data types in AF Analysis Expressions

If you have an analysis input that is the "string" data type but can be represented as a number (for example, the string "2.35"), then to convert this string into a numeric data type such as double it is necessary to take the string and output it to another attribute that has the correct data type. There are no usable data type conversion functions in AF Analytics, so it is not possible to take the string, convert it into a double, and then store it in an analysis variable to be used again in the same analysis. It is possible…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED