PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Throttling of Audit Trail cleanup

Currently the Audit Trail cleanup, when turned on, just deletes everything. When there is a large backlog for the cleanup, this causes a huge load on the SQLserver.

I would like some throtthling feature to not load the server too high with the cleanup.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Gauge pressure UOMs in PI AF Pressure UOM class

Add gauge pressure UOMs to AF per common practice in industry.  As of AF 2017 R2 the pressure UOM class has only absolute pressure members (relative to absolute zero pressure).  Most pressure transmitters in industrial applications are calibrated in gauge pressure, relative to local baromteric pressure.  This makes for work on every launch.  For example PSIG and InWC are too common examples that need the gauge offset.  These are small improvements but every AF customer will benefit.  UOMs are important and worthy of any incremental fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Identities Starting pack

It would be nice if out of the box you could get a few starting identities based on common security use cases.

I.E.
    An Identity /  Only read, for end users
    An Identity for Consultants / Systems Integrators - That could administrate all but the security, so this could be an starting point to build an standard identity for new Consultants
    An identity for Edit all but Analytics - This could be an starting point for power users.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Click and Drag row in Analysis Configuration

Include the ability to click and drag rows in the analysis configuration, rather than using buttons to move the row up or down. This is very tedious for long calculations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PI Manual Logger - Customer would like to enter a timestamp (with the : ) in the comments section of PIML

Due to this work item: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Known-Issues/104011 customer is unable to include characters that are common with timestamps in the comments section of PI Manual Logger.
    Some characters are stripped away before the comment appears in PI AF.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AMI Interface: allow meter data to be writable to PI Point attributes

Synced to PI Square at https://pisquare.osisoft.com/ideas/29455

Currently, meter data can only be written to static attributes. Historizing the meter data may be useful if there are expected changes that should be monitored.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Specify Multiple PI Data Archives for PI Cloud Connect

When setting up PI Cloud Connect subscriptions it would be nice to specify the PI Data Archive tags get created on along with the AF Server and Database to create elements. In our case, we have multiple AF Servers that are linked to different PI Data Archives. Additionally, I don't really like that the default PI Data Archive gets used. What if a user were to accidentally change that?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add hot key for Evaluate button in the Analysis tab in PSE.

Had a customer ask for this when learning to use analyses. Seems like it would be handy to be able test analyses as you add variables via hot key (Ctrl + e, perhaps).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to do Incremental PI AF tree export

As a PI System Administrator, I need to do incremental exports each two days from my tree so we can track what has been changed between them periodically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Publish metrics

Create standing metrics for the PI System, especially the PI Data Archive

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get a "Format Painter" for Graphs and Multistate Elements

Get a "Format Painter" similar to Excel for Graphs and Multistate Elements. So that you don't have to reformat each one manually when working in a PiBook.
    So one could edit one graph as he desires and apply the format to other already created graphs on the same page (this would be a huge Time saver!)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add thermodynamic properties air tables to Functions list in AF Analytics

In addition to steam tables, it would be nice to see air tables, particularly for analytics on combined cycle and simple cycle units.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Having different sets of Archive Files.

Having different sets of Archive Files or "how to Define Archive for the Tags Individually". For example sending the Process Data to a different Archive File than the Building Monitoring Tags.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. enhance rollup analysis to perform more complex calculations.

I would like to enhance rollups analysis so I can perform more complex calculations. Ideally I would like to be able to build my own functions for example sum of squares...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multi State for PI System Explorer

We use PI System Explorer as a data consumption and management tool. We would like to have the option to configure multi states such that an attribute "row" in the attribute tab would be colored based on value criteria.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve selecting inputs for Formula DataReference with large number of attributes

When an element has a large number of attributes defined (e.g. 400), then it is very difficult to select an attribute as an input to the Formula DataReference because the dropdown does not have a scroll bar.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Analysis managament filters for all users and able to export between diferent AFs

It was so useful for us if we can use filters on Analisis management for all users. We are a 5 people support team, we have the same AF structure in different servers and we must do the same filters user by user, AF by AF.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Arranging Element Templates

I would like to be able to arrange my element templates by category. Then I would like to be able to arrange that category by reference templates. Right now, I can only do one or the other.

This is not visually pleasing because if i arrange by category, I no longer can see which templates are references templates as everything is put under a common tree. This makes it difficult to navigate and organize.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft Store for Business with PI client tools

Please consider distributing PI System client tool via "Microsoft Store for Business" https://businessstore.microsoft.com/en-us/store/search?q=OSIsoft

This would be a convenient way to install and update PI System Management Tools (SMT), PI System Explorer, PI ProcessBook, PI SQL Commander (PI OLEDB\PI OLEDBEnt), PI DataLink, and PI Builder, etc.

This would also remove the hassle of packaging the software installers in the enterprise software package management systems.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED