PI Server

Welcome to the PI Server feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Server. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve the PI Server?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better handling of data from mobile or shared equipment

Better handle data coming from shared or mobile equipment where the association of the data changes from one piece of equipment to another.

Example: shared drilling equipment data associated with the wells they are drilling.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Write a description for the PI Data Archive services

When you open the Services program (services.msc), none of the PI Data Archive services have a description. Please provide descriptions for these. The specific services are:
    • PI Archive Subsystem
    • PI Backup Subsystem
    • PI Base Subsystem
    • PI Buffer Subsystem
    • PI License Manager
    • PI Message Subsystem
    • PI Network Manager
    • PI Shutdown Subsystem
    • PI Snapshot Subsystem
    • PI SQL Subsystem
    • PI Update Manager

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Table Lookup to Return Multiple Rows in an Array Attribute

As AF supports Attributes with a Value Type of Array, it would be useful if the Table Lookup Data Reference could return multiple rows from a Table, rather than just the first row or a summary.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Asset Framework (AF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wave Form Data Collection

A few customers would like the capability of storing vibration wave form data in PI. They often measure data in MHz and GHz frequencies, which are at a finer resolution that the PI Data Archive is capable of storing. The wave forms are captured over periods from 2 to 30 seconds and only saved if there is an interesting event.

Customers in data centers are also requesting power quality wave form storage in PI.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add External Support for AspenTech Functions in Analysis within AF

Add support to import AspenTech functions into Asset Framework to use with Analysis.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics & Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide mechanism to assist in Kerberos configuration / delegation testing

As a PI Admin, I need assistance configuring and testing Kerberos delegation, so that I can access the full functionality of the products without exposing my system.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Archive  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Embed a rendered view of a web page in the email before sending it.

As a notification user I want to see a view of the web page when I receive an email notification so that I have all the information I need on one screen.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Location based sending

As a Notification user I would like to assign specific people to receive notifications based on the location of the equipment since my equipment travels all the time and different people are responsible for the equipment based on the location of it.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add support for context menus for cells in PI Builder

As a user, I want to have context menus for Excel cells when using PI Builder, so that I can select from different options using context menus to speed up configuration of AF objects.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI Builder  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for bulk calls for custom data references

As a developer, I want to be able to take advantage of bulk calls from my custom data references so that I can improve the data access performance.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A single data reference that works with numbers, times, strings, and substitutions

As an user, I want a single data reference that can handle numbers, strings, times, and substitutions so that I don't have to chain together different data references.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PI Point summary with flexible start/end time

As an user, I want to be able to summerize a PI Point data reference with a flexible start/end time relative to the start/end time of an event frame so that I can choose to summarize a fraction of an event frame.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 37 38 39 41 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED