PI DataLink

Welcome to the PI DataLink feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI DataLink?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable DataLink to display the timestamps of calculated attributes in EF

Enable DataLink (Explore Events) to display the timestamps of calculated attributes (e.g. maximum, minimum) of an Event Frame.
    Currently only the values are displayed. In PI System Explorer the requested timestamp is available.

Reference to a former discussion in PI Square: https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/13436

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display the values of the attributes from start and end time of each event frame that are pulled into the DataLink using Explore Events

As a DataLink user, I would like to see the values of the attributes during the starttime and endtime period of each event frame that I pull into the DataLink using Explore Events tool. So that I don't need to ask for the compressed values during that time range for each of the attributes manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Incorporate event frame acknowledgements into the event frame search features

We are now able to acknowledge events via PI Coresight. This information is then stored in the PI AF back end. However, there is currently no way to retrieve this information via PI Datalink.

While the EF search panes have a couple of options for "acknowledgements", these appear to be for legacy notifications acknowledgements rather than event frames. In its current form, I have to ack from Coresight + manually add an annotation which I am then able to view.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export Attachments or Attachment Path Attached to Event Frame Annotations

We are able to currently see annotations for Event Frames but there is no easy way to quickly get a bulk export of Event Frames with Annotations along with what was attached to it, be it file name or path. It would be good to have another column that can pull in the attachment data that was associated with the EF and annotation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Select multiple child elements at a time when sorting event frames in Datalink

When we use Datalink to select the child attributes, you have to select them one at a time. Being able to select several at once would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Manual selection of Event Frame

I would like to select Event Frame/ Event Frames from the Preview in Explore Events task-pane and result returns manually selected Event Frame/ Event Frames only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED