RtReports

Welcome to the RtReports feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve RtReports?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. PDF files generated by RtReports should support being generated with a password

When creating PDF reports in 3.3 AdobePDF would allow for password protection as one of the printing options. Since RtReports 4.0 no longer uses AdobePDF, the option to print with password protection should be allowed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Generator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support report generation against any batch level

As a RtReports user, I would like the context level I select in the RtReports Generator to be the context used in the generated report. For example, if I click on a PIUnitBatch I would expect to see only data from within the start and end time of the PIUnitBatch. The current behavior is to crawl up to the top level of the batch structure and use that for the context of the generated report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable sorting RTReports Unit Classes alphabetically

Users may have potentially dozens of units per unit class with similar naming structures, so picking through all of these units is difficult without sorting. Since this is not configurable through the MDB, users would have to manually remove all units and re-add them in alphabetical order each time they add a unit to a class.

It would be handy to enable sorting this list, perhaps by clicking the "Units" header or otherwise.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send notification to next approver-group in approval cycle

Provide the possability to send notifications based on the approval-cycle status of the report.
    For example: In a "two-steps" approval cycle, send a notification to the final approval group when the first group approved the report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the user experience of the "Report Edit" window

When editing the report Criteria in RtReports, editing the text fields leaves the "OK" button grayed out. In the attached screenshot, the user has edited the "Recipe" criteria field and then clicked into the "Product" criteria field. The "OK" button remains grayed out. The same behavior also exists if you use the Tab key to change fields.

Currently, the user must hit the Enter key in order to have the changes picked up, which enables the "OK" button. This can be confusing, especially for new users that do not know of this requirement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditionally set the Report Approval Cycle

As an RtReports administrator, I would like to set my reports to only require the review cycle to be completed if the batch data is flagged as questionable. Otherwise, no manual review should be required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support writing annotations, comments, approvals to AF

As a PI User, if I comment and approve a report in RTReports, I would like to have the ability to view those comments approvals, etc in other PI visualization tools like DataLink and PI Vision. 

If Comments, approvals, esigs could be attached to the associated EF and stored in the AF database, this data set would be more easily consumed by others in my organisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support reading native EF comments and annotations

As an RTReports administrator I would like to have the ability to incorporate comments and annotations that users attach to Event Frames .  For example, I would like generate a notification report for a unit over a period of time - PI notifications now stores acknowledgments, comments, approvals and I think severity in the AF database.  when generating my notification report I would like to incorporate this data into my report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow configuration of Trend legend position

As an report designer, I would like to be able to choose the position of the legend on Trends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support access of Array Types in Event Frame attributes

As a RtReport admin, I would like to be able to include data from array-type Event Frame attributes in my reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN BETA  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Approvals Table - Positioning

Provide the ability to change the position (bottom/top/left/right and so on) of the Approvals Table in the Report. Currently, it always shows up on the top of the report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add TimeZone (TZ) URL parameter support

As an RtReports User, I want to dynamically link to RtReports Generator to create Reports. At the same time, I want to specify the time zone context of the report dynamically. For instance:
    ..rtreports/WebPages/ReportTemplate.aspx?ReportName=TestReport&TZ=Singapore+Standard+Time&..&..&..

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow access to RtReports review data programmatically

I would like to be able to access RtReports review data programmatically (e.g. via ODBC) so we can track which reports are ready to be reviewed by Manufacturing/QA.
    It would also allow us to monitor the time taken to complete reviews and help drove improvements in lot release times.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support in RTreports to use AF advanced features

we are designing our AF structure for a new customer and they would like to use the RTReporting capabilities later on so I want to make sure we design for success.. Things like for example make the “Limits” option in AF be available to pull into RTReports

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow the ability to either export a CSV or copy the contents of the Report Properties window

Customer wants to be able to export a report list to Excel.  In the RtReports Editor you can generate a list of reports in the Report Properties window but it is not possible to export or copy.

Enhancement Request:  Allow the ability to either export a CSV or copy the contents of the Report Properties window

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support versioning of data stream metadata on a report

I'd like the ability to version changes to PI System metadata, (e.g. associate changes to data stream metadata to an effective date), and use that versioned metadata content in a RtReports compliance report.  When I print and approve my compliance report, I would like to show the version of metadata in effect for the time that the report is printed and approved.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow non-recurring time based RtReports to use the "Generated By" report info parameter

Currently, non-recurring time based RtReports do not properly resolve the "Generated By" report info parameter. Instead of displaying the user, these printed reports display the text "Generated By".

On the other hand, batch reports and officially printed recurring time based reports resolve this parameter properly.

In order to provide a consistent behavior, non-recurring time based reports should be able to make use of this report feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pass Batch Context to Performance Equations

For journal actions, there are performance equations that require time inputs such as TagMin, TagAvg.

Currently, to use those functions, you need to hardcode the start and end times using relative time or exact timestamps. 

This is not super useful for batches as everything should be related to the batch context.

It would be nice to pass on batch context values (ie. Start Time and End Time) to these performance equations

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Conditional Approval

Provide more power and flexibility to who approves reports. Currently, you can set the order of approvals.

It would be nice to be able to determine who or which approval track a report goes to or undertakes based on the results of the batch (IE which alarms were tripped during the batch)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to delete "released" reports for demo or testing purposes

As the report designer and/or integrator, I would like the ability to delete “released” reports used for demo/testing purposes. Specifically, when having to test how the official print looked, or e-signature capability, or to show the customer how those items worked. Without that utility, testing “released” functionality is a lot harder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

RtReports

Feedback and Knowledge Base