Manageability

Welcome to the PI System Manageability feedback site!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, challenges, and feedback on how we could make the PI System more manageable. Manageability covers different aspects, including but not limited to, monitoring, deployment, upgrade, and managing different configurations.
Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please report to OSIsoft Technical Support at techsupport@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve the manageability of OSIsoft suite of products?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Monitor the health of analytics/notifications

As a user of asset-analytics and notifications, I need an  easy way to know that PI Analysis and PI Notifications services are in good health and that event frames/notifications are being generated/sent as expected

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the PI System Health Tool, we are currently planning to detect health problems for AF, Notifications and Analytics in the 2018 R2 timeframe.

Do you have additional feedback / requirements about how you currently detect when Notifications have stopped working?

2. I'd like PSH/NOC to monitor PI Vsion

I'd like to have PSH and the NOC Service monitor the health of my PI Vision system.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PI System Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are planning for a future version of PI System Health. No specific version targeted yet, but it would come after the first two releases of PI System Health.

v.1 will focus on monitoring the health of the data flow
    v.2 will expand to monitor health of AF, Notifications, and Asset Analytics.

3. I'd like PSH/NOC to monitor Web API Services

I'd like to have PSH and the NOC Service monitor the health of my Web API Services.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we are planning for a future version of PI System Health. No specific version targeted yet, but it would come after the first two releases of PI System Health.

v.1 will focus on monitoring the health of the data flow
    v.2 will expand to monitor health of AF, Notifications, and Asset Analytics.

4. I'd like PSH/Health to monitor PI Integrator

I'd like to have PSH and the NOC Service monitor the health of my PI Integrator.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PI System Health  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

this is something we plan to do in a future version of PI System Health.

v1 will focus on managing the health of the Data Flow between Interfaces or Connectors and PI Data Archive.
    v2 will expand to monitor the health of AF, Notifications and Asset Analytics.

we have plans to add monitoring for PI Web API, PI Vision, and Integrators in versions after those.

5. Add the feedback widget to PSH UI

Make it easy for users to provide their feedback on the product while using PI System Health UI

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED