Manageability

Welcome to the PI System Manageability feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions, and feedback on how we could make the PI System more manageable. Manageability covers different aspects, including but not limited to, monitoring, deployment, upgrade, and managing different configurations. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal  (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  1. Guidance on best practices

As an ICS systems engineer, I need to provide broad, real-time access to operations data using the PI System while assuring that sensitive systems are defended appropriately via standard security zones and authorization mechanisms. So I need guidance on best practices in deployment and security as well as tools to verify them.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Securing the PI System

As an ICS systems engineer, I need to understand and easily configure Authentication and Authorization settings to secure the PI System from the point of data collection to data access and remote display viewing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Integrate SSO for PI ML

For better user manageability Single Sign On should be integrated into PI Manual Logger PC Client.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED