NOC Services

Welcome to the Network Operation Center (NOC) Services feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

How can we improve our NOC Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Scheduled NOC reports to customer

I would like to get a monthly report 12:00 am the first day of the month to 11:59 pm the last day of the month that includes both ITSM Incidents and NOC Incidents, showing the Site, System, Machine, object and issue (along with criticality) grouped by system/machine/objectissue with a count of occurences and average duration. That way we could review our monthly performance and trending the first week of each month.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Health tags for monitoring managed PI services

Customer would like health tags to monitor PI Agent and PI Diagnostics Services in order to monitor and record their activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Monitor PI Web Services

I'd like to monitor the health of PI Web Services because I use this as part of my infrastructure for applications and/or PI Vision.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to see a history of NOC support case communications

NOC support cases are very similar to tech support cases. Sometimes, the communications go into great detail, and it would be nice to recall a history of these communications similar to tech support cases on the tech support website.

Since NOC support cases use the same numbering system as tech support cases, I see no harm in showing NOC support cases alongside tech support cases on the tech support website.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More descriptive interface name in email alerts

I'd like to be able to annotate my interfaces in the NOC so that when I receive an alert, it is more descriptive than something like "OPCInt1". This will help me understand the data source when I receive the alerts in the middle of the night.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Document how to set minimum permissions for each Managed PI service

I want to set give minimum permissions to the service accounts that run the Managed PI services. The solution proposed by tech support was to either use the Local System account or add the service account to the local Administrators group. The former approach would require giving the entire Managed PI computer permission to the PI Data Archive, since Local System takes the identity of the machine. The latter approach gives the service account excessive permissions on the Managed PI computer. A 3rd approach was described to me, but it was too vague to complete. Clearly, none of these approaches…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

UNDER REVIEW / RESEARCHING  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Monitor PI Vision

I'd like to monitor the health of PI Vision.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Monitor PI Integrators

I'd like to monitor the health of PI Integrators as part of my operational/business important infrastructure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notify me when my PI server backup fails

I would like to be notified when my PI server backup was not successful and failed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share a PI System Health Map

I coach remote sites to help them manage their PI Systems. While the remote sites receive NOC alerts, I'd like to share a visual map of the remote site PI System Health so that I can coach my remote sites about how to fix their problems in conjunction with NOC support.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make decommissioning a node super easy

Let me decommission a node from NOC monitoring, minimizing the time and effort (ideally zero) to complete the decommission process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use non-confusing non-US-Centric date formats

Currently the GUI displays and requires timestamps to be entered in US date format (M/D/YYYY) in the Advanced – Current Values and Maintenance sections. I would like to view/enter dates either in my local time zone or using a non ambiguous format, e.g. 5-May-2017.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Monitor PI Connectors

I'd like to monitor the health of the PI Connectors so that I can quickly remediate service issues that occur. The missing monitoring is a show stopper to switch from Interfaces to Connectors.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alert on excessive archive shifts

I'd like an alert if I see excessive archive shifts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't critically alert on a interface failover that is still collecting data

Don't classify a UFO failover as a critical incident: “Interfaces Not Running” – This indicates that data collection is compromised which may result in irreversible data loss. But is it really Critical when the interface is in UFO setup and the secondary interface is healthy? (“Critical” can result in a phone call 24/7)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Monitor PI Services running under WCF (Windows Clustered Failover)

I'd like to monitor the heath of PI Software that runs under WCF (Windows Clustered Failover) so that I can have high(er) available services for my customer that are monitored with NOC Services.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic update mPI software

I'd like to have the mPI software auto-update, so that I don't have to deploy resources to update or wait on OSIsoft to update the software.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Monitor Event Frames Generator (EFGen)

I'd like to monitor the health of the EFGen interface so that I can quickly remediate service issues that occur.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

NOC Services

Feedback and Knowledge Base