How can we improve our NOC Services?

Monitor PI Services running under WCF (Windows Clustered Failover)

I'd like to monitor the heath of PI Software that runs under WCF (Windows Clustered Failover) so that I can have high(er) available services for my customer that are monitored with NOC Services.

15 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Casazza shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION  ·  David Casazza responded  · 

I’d like to see more customers upvote with comments indicating that PI Analytics is important to run under WCF.

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan Klosiewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DCP Midstream and PG&E both utilize multiple instances of PI Analytics / Notifications within a WFCS. This is our best practice architecture for High Availability for both services, and for all enterprise grade systems. This seems less like an enhancement, and more of a "keeping up with the products"

• taterhead247 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

David, is High Availability not always best practice? Whether WCF is a majority or minority now, not having this function is putting unnecessary stress on some of your big customers. I think NOC/mPI should do this ASAP.

• jorrocpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I have to big clients in Spain that have WCF. We have had problems with PI Buffer Subsystem and WCF in the past (already solved in version 4.6) and now we can't monitor some servers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED