OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services Feedback site!

We created this forum to hear your challenges, ideas, suggestions, and feedback around future cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

How can we improve OSIsoft Cloud Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share Data by Providing Access Securely through the Cloud

As a company that shares data with external partners, I would prefer to provide secure access to our data through the Cloud SO THAT we can share our data without making a bunch of copies of it all over the place and have a more standard way of sharing data to external partners.

NOTE: This idea is in contrast to Sharing Data by Copying across PI Systems: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19110427

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share Displays with External Partners

Ability to share a display of information (real-time & historical) with an external partner/company.

Must support ability to secure and share specific displays with specific partners.

It must be possible to share the display with an external partner that doesn't already have a PI System.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ensure Data Segregation - Multi-tenant System

As a service provider, I need to ensure that our customers can NEVER see another customer's data or even meta-data (that they exist) SO THAT customers can't see any information about their competitors and who we work with.

As a industrial operating company that shares data with partners and service providers, I need to ensure that our data is only accessible to those that we share with SO THAT we can ensure our data and company's intellectual property (IP) is safe and secure.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share Data with Partners that don't have a PI System

Provide a way for partners, vendors, or customers that don’t have a PI System to securely access a subset of our operations data SO THAT we have a more standard and secure way of data exchange than today (VPN, Email, FTP, Citrix, PI to PI, PI CC, etc.).

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Collaborate with your Partners via Message Board

Enable a way for external organizations that are partners that are sharing data and displays to also communicate & collaborate with each other in the context of their sharing community SO THAT everyone in the community can leverage the expertise of the community members and work together to meet their collective business objectives.

Support a chat/message board to enable collaboration and sharing of ideas within a 'community space'.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Encryption at Rest

As an IT department, I need to ensure that our company's data stored at rest in the cloud is encrypted SO THAT our data is protected.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Capture data from remote customer sites that don’t have a PI System

As a company that provides services for remote assets at our customers sites, we need to collect data from our customer sites without having to deploy a full PI System SO THAT we can start providing our service weeks to months faster and save on deployment and infrastructure costs.  

Ideally, we could deploy some PI Connectors to remote sites and store the data in a Cloud Data Store.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deploy Cloud Services into Private Cloud

I need to be able to have OSIsoft's cloud services solution be deployed into private clouds that the customer controls SO THAT the infrastructure and security for the application is managed by the customer (and their providers).

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hosted Cloud Data Store

We don't have the resources or skills to setup, administer, and manage our own PI System. We would just like to be able to use a hosted system delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS).

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cloud Data Store for Aggregating on premises PI Servers

As an company that uses PI Systems across our enterprise, we need the ability to aggregate data across on premises PI Systems located at our sites.

Today, we often use another "Enterprise" level PI Server to perform this aggregation and 'corporate view'. but in the future, we would like to be able to aggregate this data in a cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) offering hosted by OSIsoft.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Limit Amount of History in Data Sharing

Ability to define the scope of data shared. For example, limit the amount of data history shared with an external partner (ex: week of data, month of data, year of data, etc.). Or a specific time range. There should be no limits on when the time range can exist (i.e. able to share data from 5 years ago).

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share Data by Copying across PI Systems

As a company that shares data with partners, I need to be able to copy data from our PI System to our partner's PI System SO THAT they can leverage the PI System infrastructure they already have in place.

The PI Cloud Connect model that copies data from one PI Server to another PI Server securely through the cloud works great for us today.

Note: This idea is in contrast to Sharing Data by Providing Access: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19140958

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Encryption in Motion / Transit

As an IT department, I need to ensure when our company's data is being moved from point A to point B that it is encrypted SO THAT our data is protected.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deploy into Public Cloud SaaS

I want to leverage OSIsoft's secure public SaaS offering for data and display sharing SO THAT we can easily use the service for our needs without having to setup and maintain (or pay for) a separate Private Cloud environment.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comply with GDRP Data Storage Requirements - Europe

We need to ensure that when our company's data is stored in the cloud, it is stored within Europe SO THAT we can comply with local regulations and stay in compliance.

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within the European Union.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Share Event Frames (EF)

As a Data Steward, I need the ability to share Event Frames with partners SO THAT they can use this context in understanding the data and/or problems.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate data into Azure Machine Learning

Integrate data with Azure Machine Learning

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Partners to Build / Develop Apps on top of Cloud Services

As a Partner or Systems Integrator, I want to have a way to build applications on top of the historian as a service offering SO THAT we can provide our value add to customers.

<If you have specific requirements relating to this, please add them to the comments>

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partners  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share from AF Structure

As a company that shares our data with partners, I want to define what data to share with partners via our existing AF model SO THAT I can use this existing context to know what we're sharing with Partners.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Calculations using Python

As a data scientist, I need to be able to create calculations from data using Python SO THAT I can create analytics using the language I'm familiar with and write the outputs of these analytics back to the data store.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base