OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services Feedback site!

We are working on NEW cloud services offerings (beyond PI Cloud Connect) whose goal is to make sharing of operations data and displays across companies and organizations easy so that customers can provide and receive services from their partners and analytics companies and gain more value out of their data.

The idea we are working towards is companies will be able to to create an Account within OSIsoft Cloud Services. This will allow you to store data in the cloud and we will make it easy to connect your on premises PI System data to your cloud Account. Within your Account, you’ll also be able to create displays that visualize your data. In order to share data and displays with your partners, you will be able to create a ‘Community’ and invite your partners into that community to start sharing and collaborating between organizations.

We created this forum to hear your challenges, ideas, suggestions, and feedback around future cloud offerings including sharing data & displays across companies and organizations. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

How can we improve OSIsoft Cloud Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an API that helps deliver an appropriate amount of data to the user or application

As a data scientist or UI user, I don't know how much data I'm requesting when I ask for a sequence of data. However, I can provide some boundary conditions to help scope the request SO THAT OCS can deliver an appropriate level of detail for my use. This API would support this Visualization UserVoice suggestion: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811-osisoft-cloud-services/suggestions/34492885-store-pre-computed-averages-to-accelerate-data-scr

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Development API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Store pre-computed averages to accelerate data scrubbing operations in a UI tool

As a user that is looking to visually identify past behaviors in long sequence ranges, I would like to be able to scroll backward, forward, and zoom in quickly SO THAT I can isolate the appropriate behavior rapidly. Other back-end systems and UI tools support pre-computed totalizations (especially averages) to help users get a better trending / analytical experience. If I record 1Hz data, I probably don’t need to initially see every data point when they trend 6 months of data… so, having those always available would be nice (1M, 60M, 12h, 24h, 5d, 7d, 2wk, 4wk, 6mo, 1y).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Time based summary calculations

Ability to perform hourly, daily, weekly monthly, quarterly aggregation summary calculations on data.

Often useful for utility consumption KPIs / metrics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Large data set of real data for testing - PMU Data from LBNL

As someone who collaborates on PMU Data or wants to do Wide Area Surveillance would it be possible to load and test data from LBNL PMU Data set. This will allow researchers to create sample solutions on top of OCS. In this area. More informtona and the data set can be found here: http://powerdata.lbl.gov/

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add OMF Ingress URL to documentation and Token UI

As a OMF developer, I would like a single place to grab my Publisher Token and copy the OMF Ingress URI so that it's easier to configure my application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spectral Data

Be able to handle the storage, context, and retrieval / visualization of spectral data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send Edge data to the Cloud

Send data collected in a remote Edge system to a cloud system SO THAT it can be aggregated with other data and integrated with .

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edge Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remotely Manage and Support Edge Systems

The ability to remotely manage and support Edge systems.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cross-tenants data access via API Console

Could we use Client API keys with the API Console to access data from another account/tenant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate ML Models back to Remote Edge Systems

The ability to push Machine Learning models trained from data in the cloud environment back down to remote assets / Edge systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integrate data into Azure Machine Learning

Integrate data with Azure Machine Learning

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Publish data via a REST interface

As a Data Steward of my company's data, I need to be able to publish data to partners that's accessible via a REST interface SO THAT our partner that has good technical resources/capabilities can easily access and make use of the data.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Publish data to .csv File

As a Data Steward of my company's data, I need to be able to publish data to a .csv file when shared with our partners SO THAT it's easier for them to consume.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extract data to Excel

The ability to extract data from a bulk set of streams/tags (potentially hundreds) into spreadsheet tools like Excel.

Interpolated data ()configurable) over the specified time window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integration with ESRI ArcGIS Online

Provide integration between ESRI ArcGIS Online and OSIsoft Cloud Services.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partners  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share Data by Providing Access Securely through the Cloud

As a company that shares data with external partners, I would prefer to provide secure access to our data through the Cloud SO THAT we can share our data without making a bunch of copies of it all over the place and have a more standard way of sharing data to external partners.

NOTE: This idea is in contrast to Sharing Data by Copying across PI Systems: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19110427

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ensure Data Segregation - Multi-tenant System

As a service provider, I need to ensure that our customers can NEVER see another customer's data or even meta-data (that they exist) SO THAT customers can't see any information about their competitors and who we work with.

As a industrial operating company that shares data with partners and service providers, I need to ensure that our data is only accessible to those that we share with SO THAT we can ensure our data and company's intellectual property (IP) is safe and secure.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Encryption at Rest

As an IT department, I need to ensure that our company's data stored at rest in the cloud is encrypted SO THAT our data is protected.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Capture data from remote customer sites that don’t have a PI System

As a company that provides services for remote assets at our customers sites, we need to collect data from our customer sites without having to deploy a full PI System SO THAT we can start providing our service weeks to months faster and save on deployment and infrastructure costs.  

Ideally, we could deploy some PI Connectors to remote sites and store the data in a Cloud Data Store.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Deploy Cloud Services into Private Cloud

I need to be able to have OSIsoft's cloud services solution be deployed into private clouds that the customer controls SO THAT the infrastructure and security for the application is managed by the customer (and their providers).

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base