OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API to access data & asset context programattically

An API to access data and asset context for remote assets / operations monitoring programattically

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose REST API for PI to OCS configuration

Provide a documented REST API for PI to OCS connection and data transfer configuration. This would enable scripting against these configurations, allowing users to update their data transfers automatically, and manage them in a customer-specific way.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better OCS API time zone support

OCS APIs need to provide better support for viewing data in different time zones / my local timezone. We should be able to encode UTC UTC+13 when making queries to the system.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OCS Community API: Access to Stream Type info for Properties & UOMs

The ability to expose the stream type property and UOMs for a stream shared through community in the API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Simplify access to objects using REST API

Citizen data scientists, IT professionals and general OCS users need to use REST API methods in 3rd party applications - including Power BI - to access data or explore data using OCS Portal API Console.
    Typically objects not "custom created - where you can specify a human readable Id" and a GUID that requires the user to lookup the Id elsewhere or search through a list of objects is used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Streaming API - for real time visualization

As a OCS real-time-visualization-client I require a Streaming API so that I can avoid continuously polling the REST API.

Similar to the WSS Chanels in PI WebAPI

Or something like PI WebAPI Stream Updates could also work

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Read data from multiple streams with a single request

As a developer working on an application that needs to execute a bulk load of MANY separate streams via the OCS REST API, I would like an option to submit a list of streams with start/end index as well as per-stream continuation token, and get raw data back for all the streams. The experience should be as similar as possible as when I'm reading a single stream and the response payload should include the identifier associated with each stream as well as a per-stream continuation token.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to share the current API Console URI as an encoded URL, just like sharing a trend

The ability share trends as encoded URLs is incredibly useful.

Another area where exploration and collaboration can be done is in the API Console, and there I'd love the ability to craft a query URI and then be able to save that query with a single click and share it directly with a colleague--and I'm not talking about simply sharing the actual REST request URI, I'm more thinking of a link that would open the API Console with that URI already populated, so that my coworkers can start inspecting the same raw data that I'd presented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deliver Data to Customers via Custom Portal

As a service provider, I need to incorporate data into our multi-tenant customer portal (custom) SO THAT we can share data and other information with our customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete individual API Console Favorite

I would like to be able to delete a single entry in the favorites rather than deleting the whole list every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tag API Console Favorites

Being able to save API Console favorite is great, but it would be nice to be able to tag or name them because sometimes the URL gets very long and it is hard to tell which one you want to go to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve Consistency with OCS API

Some of the different OCS API resources (streams, assets, data views, etc) use different methods of accessing the information.

For example, in some you may use the ID, others may use the name, others may use ID or name.

This inconsistency makes it more difficult for a developer to leverage the API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SDS API Summary Calls

Working with the SDS, it would be nice to be able to specify non equal time interval when looking at monthly summaries for example.

Alternatively, it might be useful to support providing an array of indexes defining the different interval as an alternative to only providing a count between two boundaries.

Lastly, having the flexibility to ask/return only a subset of the summary value (out of the 12 provided) might help with performance and filtering out summary value that have no mathematical sense depending upon the data type and index type being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create an API that helps deliver an appropriate amount of data to the user or application

As a data scientist or UI user, I don't know how much data I'm requesting when I ask for a sequence of data. However, I can provide some boundary conditions to help scope the request SO THAT OCS can deliver an appropriate level of detail for my use. This API would support this Visualization UserVoice suggestion: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811-osisoft-cloud-services/suggestions/34492885-store-pre-computed-averages-to-accelerate-data-scr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED