OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audit Trail

Support an Audit Trail within OCS to ensure data integrity for regulatory compliance (such as pharma 21 CFR Part 11).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement a Changelog/New features announcement functionality

As an OCS user, it is often hard to find out about new features added to the platform as it is constantly being updated. Understanding what new features are coming, what changes are being made to existing features and any bug fixes is important. This is a feature I take advantage of quite often with other cloud platforms.

Whilst changes will be continual with OCS, a monthly "re-cap" of what has happened will be very helpful. The service blog may be helpful for being notified of new/large features, getting access to more granular updates will help me understand how my…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share Trend Sessions w/ Dynamic Time Ranges

As an process engineer, I want to share with my colleagues trend sessions with dynamic time ranges (i.e., the last 24 hours) so that they keep updating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data Update Mechanism

Have a mechanism to subscribe to data change updates on the platform so applications don't need to constantly poll for changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Power BI Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OCS Portal Relative Time Entry

Inputs into the portal for start time/ end time should be able to be things like wild card (*) and other common relative time format (maybe PI relative time?)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An Easy Way to Map Properties in Asset Rule Builder

When I create an Asset Rule I have a Token Value Mapping, some of my Mappings have a delimiter in them. I would like to be able to easily specify to map that Mapping to the same words, but with a different delimiter, without having to define each one individually. For instance I would like to go from Gasrate to Gas rate and SRProd_velocity to SRP rod velocity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extend Power BI Integration to Direct Query Mode

OCS Power BBI Connector does not currently support Direct Query mode for Power BI Datasets - Import is the only option.

Addition of this capability would enhance the functionality and is pretty much required when dealing with large datasets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Power BI Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing Units of Measure

If OCS is missing units of measure that you use and need for your data, please vote for this idea AND add a comment to this idea specifying what the missing UOMs are.

Previously added UOMs September 2021: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/40119379

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show time notification was generated

As a OCS user, I would like to see the notifications sent to include a timestamp so that I can see when the notifications were generated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bulk OCS stream edits

As a user I would like to be create and edit OCS streams in bulk. I would like something similar to AFBuilder but for OCS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better Expose the Form Parameter in the API Console for Data View Data Calls

Currently, when executing a Data Views data call in the API Console, there is a checkbox for "Return tabular data (form=tableh)", but the form parameter has five possible values. Instead of a checkbox, if the form Parameter were exposed as a drop down of possible values, or even a free-form text box, it would better expose the possible values for this parameter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have the Form Parameter for Data Views Data Calls Accept form=json

Currently, to receive the output in json form, the form parameter either needs to be left off the URL or set to form=default. Specifying form=json results in a 400 error, which can be confusing since it's a valid form. Having the parameter accept either form=json or form=default for the json response format would be beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Multiple Data Archives per PI to OCS Agent

Allowing data transfer for tags from multiple PI Data Archives with one agent will help to cut down on the number of agent services, and therefore machines, that need to be involved to send data from PI to OCS.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for Exporting of Stream list from Portal as csv

It would be beneficial to be able to export a list of streams in csv format (including columns such as stream name, stream id, type id) from the portal's SDS explorer, particularly after a search query has been executed so only a small subset of the streams would be included in the export. This csv file could then be used in other applications for easy stream name to stream id reference, or to simply document a list of streams to apply to certain search criteria.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show User Friendly Property Names by Default for All Tenant Users

The customer considers the ‘Value’, ‘SystemStateCode’, and ‘DigitalStateName’ triplicate in the trend search results to be clutter. They want to show user-friendly property names by default for all users in their tenant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configure PI to OCS Transfer Configuration via CSV or other file import

In addition to building the transfer list via searching a data archive, it would also be good to allow the user to reference a file (e.g. CSV) that has a list of points to transfer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Edit a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created

As a PI to OCS Administrator, I would like to be able to modify a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created. I may need to add data to the transfer - because we added new data sources, or because I may have missed some data that needs to be included. This is important so I don't have to delete the existing transfer and then rebuild it with the modified list of PI Points.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Swap Assets in OCS Visual Trending Using URL

I have hundreds of weather stations for each I create a link to visualize its properties in OCS Visual Trending.

The process is tedious. It would be great if I could simply swap a part of the URL to change the context of the trending session.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support Saving Defined Assets as a Type in Rule Builder

When I want to create assets with types from an asset rule, I am not usually aware of all the properties the type will need before hand. So generally I create the asset rule, create a type from one of the generated assets, and then add the asset type Id through the API.

It would be great if it allows typing on the asset preview page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED