OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PItoOCS Installation Footprint

As a PI System Administrator, I would like a way to deploy PItoOCS in a secure and manageable way so that it is easy to maintain, and I can trust it is secure.

Currently, OSIsoft recommends PItoOCS be installed on a separate computer from the Data Archive to which it connects. PItoOCS only supports a single connection to a single Data Archive in the current version.

OSIsoft Product Management would like to better understand customer requirements about deployment of PItoOCS in their environment.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Moving Assets on a Map with History

I would like the ability to display my moving assets on a map SO THAT I can see where they have been over historical time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trend: Rolling / Moving Average

The ability to plot the rolling or moving average of trended data SO THAT I can smooth out the data by filtering out the “noise” from raw data making it easier to see longer term trends.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View Data Related to an Asset

Ability to click on an Asset and view the current values for data & metadata associated with the Asset.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OCS Configurable Calculations

Ability to configure calculations based on OCS data and store the values back into OCS as new Streams.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display Assets / Sites on a Map

Ability to display sites & assets on a map, show their current status, and then have a way to drill down into details for them.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scenarios for Stream Multiple Index

Use this idea to tell us about your scenarios for OCS streams with multiple indices (besides just time).

What are your scenarios? How do you need to access the data? How would you like to visualize it? etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PI to OCS - More configuration options when selecting PI tags to transfer

Allow users more flexibility and options when finding and selecting PI tags to transfer to OCS. Current implementation only allows a single PI tag name search criteria, and limits one transfer between each PI Data Archive and OCS namespace.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Ownership Scenarios

This idea is to collect customer feedback around Data Ownership Issues. Please let us know your Data Ownership scenarios and needs!

As a customer of OCS, I want the ability to have full control and ownership of my data SO THAT I can assert my rights and have control over data from my farm.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easily Change OCS Accounts / Tenants

As an admin of multiple tenants (some tenants are customers where I will be the acting administrator, though it is their data) I would like to be able to quickly and easily switch between tenants/OCS Accounts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visualize Attributes & Asset Measurements in the Trend

I would like to be able to visualize a string in the Trend. The string would be from an Asset Measurement.

When trending asset measurements, I also want to see the attributes associated with the same asset so that I can understand the context.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sharing Data after Batch Completion

Ability to share specific batch manufacturing production data after the batch has been completed (limiting real time data sharing while a batch is in progress).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When changing the startIndex, allow it to override the endIndex if you are changing it to a time ahead of the endIndex

Currently, in order to change your date range to a later date, you have to first change the endIndex, and then the startIndex. If you change the startIndex to a date later than the endIndex, it would be easier if it simply cleared the endIndex field for you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Batch Tracking Data Storage & Visualization

Ability to capture Batch Tracking data into OCS and visualize it.

The data could be coming from an existing PI System with using Event Frames.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Communities

When I'm a member of a data sharing community, I see value in being able to view the names of community members from other Accounts SO THAT I know specifically who has access to our data and I can collaborate with my business partners in an easier way.

If PII was shared in a community, users would have the ability to opt out of this functionality.

Please capture any feedback, value prop, scenarios regarding PII sharing to this idea.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Propogate Security Inheritance Down to Streams in a Namespace

If a single namespace is being used to store data from multiple customers or sites, there needs to be a way to propagate security inheritance down to objects (streams, assets, etc.) within the namespace.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App Support for Community Data Sharing

The ability to publish one app (such as a Power BI report, or custom web application) that gets used for multiple customers.

Customers should be able to log into the app using the OCS credentials from their Account (passed through to OCS), and get access to any data that's shared with them.

We don't want to publish the app for each customer individually. There might need to be a way to link an app into a Community that gives that app access to data shared in that community.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OCS Azure B2C Support

Support for Azure B2C as an authentication method for OCS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integration with Grafana

Provide an integration with Grafana so that OCS data can be easily included alongside data from other sources in a simple-to-configure, but powerful visualization tool

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED