OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Trends

Ability to have multiple trends on the page / workspace, perhaps up to a max number of trends (grid of 4?)

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Assets / Sites on a Map

Ability to display sites & assets on a map, show their current status, and then have a way to drill down into details for them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Comments / Annotations to a Trend Cursor

Ability to add notes to a particular time/cursor on a trend SO THAT when another person is looking at the same data, they can see the comment.

Ability to view the comments other users have entered and view the data associated with them SO THAT the community of users can contribute to the organizations shared knowledge.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Saving Trend Page

Ability to save the data and time context on the trending page and be able to reopen it at a later time SO THAT it doesn't need to be recreated every time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Visualize Asset Status Over Time

Ability to visualize equipment statuses / states over a period of time (day, week, month, etc.) SO THAT you can get an idea of when certain statuses are the most prevalent and how the equipment has been behaving recently.

Additionally, the ability to understand the % time each Status had over the time period (pie chart is a common visualization for this).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Asset Filtering

Ability to filter on equipment / assets by various metadata (key/value pairs) SO THAT I can find the assets I'm interested in monitoring or performing analysis on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alarm / Fault Comparisons

Ability to compare the number of faults / alarms over a time period (day/week/month) etc for pieces of equipment / assets across sites so that it's easy to determine where the problem equipment/sites are that need to be focused on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PI to OCS

There seems to be a dependency on IE, when installing the PI to OCS agent. This wasn't there in earlier versions. I kept getting Flash error during DUO authentication. I had FF and Chrome installed, and Flash was disabled. I ended up having to install IE, then disable Flash in IE, before I could get past the DUO error

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Namespace persistence

When I move from tab-to-tab, settings should persist. For example, I got to Data Views, and I select a Namespace, and create a view. Then I go to Connections and select a Namespace and a connection. When I go back to Data View, the Namespace wasn't persisted. When I go back to Connections, the Namespace is persisted. Either persist the Namespace used on each tab, or set a Namespace once that is used for all tabs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Correct the HTML code

The Nu Html Checker points out 4 small issues with the HTML code of https://cloud.osisoft.com/:
    https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.osisoft.com%2F

Please implement these changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable the Windows FIPS security policy

As a US Government employee, I operate in an environment that enforces the use of U.S. Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) cryptographic algorithms. I want to ensure that I can successfully install and run the PI to OCS software in this environment so that I can take advantage of the benefits of OSIsoft Cloud Services.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OCS replacing a central PI Server

As a user, our company IT has a strategy to move all on-premise application to a PaaS or SaaS application. Therefore,OCS should be compatible to the PI Server and allow the migration of data and feature easily.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SDS API Summary Calls

Working with the SDS, it would be nice to be able to specify non equal time interval when looking at monthly summaries for example.

Alternatively, it might be useful to support providing an array of indexes defining the different interval as an alternative to only providing a count between two boundaries.

Lastly, having the flexibility to ask/return only a subset of the summary value (out of the 12 provided) might help with performance and filtering out summary value that have no mathematical sense depending upon the data type and index type being used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deployment of OCS on Azure.gov

Support running OCS and PI Cloud Connect deployed into Azure.gov and ensure that foreign nationals don't have access to the data or cloud servers (from a support/maintenance perspective).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share Data with externals for specific time periods only.

As a company that shares data with partners, we need to share data for specified time periods only SO THAT my partner can see the data they require but not more.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send OCS data to PI System

The ability to collect data directly into OCS (Cloud) but then route some data back to on premises PI Systems for merging with that data.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Certificate Authentication

As a user of PI to OCS, I want to be able to authenticate with a certificate SO THAT my client ID and secret are not stored on my machine in Windows Credential Manager.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support different data retention via OCS

Some customers need to store (retain) some, but not all, data for extended periods of time. For example, there can be a need to store any data used in regulatory reports for 5-7 years. Going forward, could OCS be an option for collecting/aggregating/storing these data?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GeoJSON

As a remote operations monitoring user, I would like to store locations and track movements of assets in a native GeoJSON data type / format for both querying as part of OCS and integration with peer cloud services that take advantage of geospatial positioning data.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED