OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Update Mechanism

Have a mechanism to subscribe to data change updates on the platform so applications don't need to constantly poll for changes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow bulk deletion of streams

Deleting a large number of streams at once is a time consuming process as each deletion needs to be done separately. It would be beneficial to have a bulk deletion endpoint to make this a faster operation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bulk OCS stream edits

As a user I would like to be create and edit OCS streams in bulk. I would like something similar to AFBuilder but for OCS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize Asset Status Labels

Users have pumps that have statuses of ON and OFF. Currently, they map to Good and OFF to Warning. However, pumps being off isn't really a warning sign to them, but only a normal condition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable refresh of SDS stream Manage Data page

When on the Manage Data page for a stream I would like an on screen option to refresh the last value/first value/ range. This is because I want to be able to see if a new value came in for easy troubleshooting purposes. Currently you either need reload the whole page, or change the data call and apply it and then change it back and apply it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for Exporting of Stream list from Portal as csv

It would be beneficial to be able to export a list of streams in csv format (including columns such as stream name, stream id, type id) from the portal's SDS explorer, particularly after a search query has been executed so only a small subset of the streams would be included in the export. This csv file could then be used in other applications for easy stream name to stream id reference, or to simply document a list of streams to apply to certain search criteria.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SDS Explorer - Hide Columns

As an admin using SDS Explorer, I want to hide the columns like ID or type because I don't care about these and I want to see the entire stream name which is impossible even if I make other columns as small as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Missing Units of Measure

If OCS is missing units of measure that you use and need for your data, please vote for this idea AND add a comment to this idea specifying what the missing UOMs are.

Previously added UOMs September 2021: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/40119379

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement a Display Digits setting for the OCS Portal to only render a select number of decimal places

The PI Data Archive allows for the setting of Display Digits so that clients such as System Management Tools only renders a certain number of decimal places, regardless of how many are actually stored in the archives. We would like to this functionality to be added to OCS streams, and for the portal to abide by it when rendering recorded values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Duplicate SDS type

I am creating a large type (10+ properties), but am not sure exactly how I want the type to look. I would like to be able to easily in the portal duplicate an existing type and then make edits to it and save it as a new type, rather than having to type in and reselect each property selection. This would allow me to test my data in different organizational patterns to see what is best for my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Duplicate SDS type

I am creating a large type (10+ properties), but am not sure exactly how I want the type to look. I would like to be able to easily in the portal duplicate an existing type and then make edits to it and save it as a new type, rather than having to type in and reselect each property selection. This would allow me to test my data in different organizational patterns to see what is best for my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OCS Stream Creation Date

Streams should have a property that allow you to see when they were created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhance Metadata Rules in the OCS Portal to Include Stream IDs

Currently, the OCS portal only exposes Stream Names when creating Metadata Rules, but the API exposes the Stream ID as well. It would be beneficial to create a Metadata Rule based on the Stream ID from the portal.

Stream IDs are often more formulaic than names, and therefore can be better suited for parsing out data. PI to OCS streams are a common use case where the Stream ID contains useful metadata (data archive name, point ID) not found in the Stream Name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Store Images & Pictures into OCS

Ability to store images as time bound data into OCS, and retrieve the images for viewing or modeling/analysis.

Example scenario: a thermal camera takes a picture of a furnace and the image is used to extract data and performance KPIs about the furnace (stored back into OCS).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support Custom Units of Measure (UOMs)

The ability to define custom units of measure (UOMs) within OCS.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Define UOM on SDS Type Field in OCS Portal

Ability to define Units of Measure on a Field in an SDS Type using the OCS Portal UI. Currently, the field type, name, and description can be edited, and fields can be marked as indexed. It is not possible in the UI to add UOM to a Field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve type dropdown for SDS fields

When creating a type using the OCS Portal, the SDS field "Type" dropdown is a flat list including dozens of options, half of which are array types. This could be better organized to make common types (e.g. Double, Int32, DateTime, and String) easier to find in the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create multiple index types through OCS Portal

Ability to save a type with multiple indices using the OCS Portal UI. Currently, it is possible to select multiple fields as "Indexed," but saving the type then results in an error as the index order is not defined.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Edit Unit of Measure (UOMs)

Within OCS, make it easier to edit the unit of measure (UOM) for streams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easier Experience for Editing Stream Types

Stream Types are not editable in OCS SDS by design but it's painful to have to recreate a new type and do your work all over again when you need to make a change or forgot something.

Please capture related scenarios you have around making changes to Stream Types here.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED