OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an Internal Community for Sharing Data, Displays, and Collaborating Internally

Create an Internal Community that includes members from the same company or organization (Account). No data or content is shared with external organizations.

===
    Example Use Cases:
    * Collaboration around assets (Pump Experts)
    * Collaboration around a business goal (Reducing Downtime, Energy Usage, etc.)
    * Collaboration around a social goal (improving health by all company Fitbit users)

===

NOTE: if you have example use cases, please add them to the comments of this idea!

0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a Partnership Community for Sharing Data & Displays with your Partners / Customers

The ability to create a Community for sharing data, displays, other artifacts, and collaborate among each of your partners / vendors / customers.

Some Assumptions about 'Partnership Communities':
    * A partnership community contains members that are typically across 2 companies/organizations (Accounts) and is often signified as a private business relationship.
    * It will be common for one of the partners in the Partnership community to be providing services to the other partner in the community (i.e. one is a customer of the other).
    * The data shared into these communities from any 1 company will be specific to the business…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shared Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I would like to invite another person from my partner's account to also be a Community Lead SO THAT they can add and manage users from their Account in the Community. Our community Lead will manage our users, our partner's community lead will manage their users.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Single Community Lead' idea. https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121872

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Single Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I need to explicitly control who can invite users from other Accounts into my Community SO THAT I can control access. In this model, I will invite all external users into the Community rather than a model where another 'trusted' partner is also a Lead in a Community.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Shared Community Lead' idea: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121905

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Peer Community for Collaborating around Shared Interests or Goals

The ability to create a Community for sharing data, displays, other artifacts, and collaborate among many Peers (or potentially competitors) that share a common interest or goal.

Some Assumptions about 'Peer Communities':
    * A peer community could potentially include many different companies/organizations (tens to hundreds?) ... more than 2.
    * The data shared into these communities from any 1 company might be very limited in nature. (narrow scope)
    * Does the data need to be anonymized before being shared into the community?
    * Are their potentially members of a peer community that don't own any data but help analyze or…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Community Exit Strategy

As a Community Lead, I need to stop sharing data with a partner/vendor/service provider that is providing services to me but we decide to terminate the relationship (perhaps choose a different service provider).

In this situation, we would like to still retain access to the history of the community because you might need to determine what the vendor was doing with your equipment back in history.

NOTE: Please use the comments section for this idea to help document your requirements and use cases when a sharing relationship or contract is terminated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Short Term / Temporary Community

As a Community Lead, I need be able to support temporary Communities by deactivating a Community after a project is completed (in a couple of months) SO THAT we can protect our data that they no longer need access to.

Example Use Case: CompanyA contracts an OEM to manufacture custom equipment for their manufacturing process. While the OEM is building and testing the equipment, the CompanyA wants access to the data to support design and testing efforts at the OEM site. This way, CompanyA's engineers can monitor and provide input into the development and qualification process while working remotely. Once…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deactivate & Reactive Community Membership

As a Community Lead, I need the ability to deactivate and reactivate Community member access into a community SO THAT I can restrict access to only those members that are using the data frequently.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Community Membership Expiration

As a Community Lead, I need the ability to configure an expiration date on membership to a community SO THAT contractors automatically lose access after their contract is up.

In these cases, their member account should be deactivated (not deleted). If they want to gain access again, there should be a way for them to contact the Community Leads to reactivate their account.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Collaborate with your Partners via Message Board

Enable a way for external organizations that are partners that are sharing data and displays to also communicate & collaborate with each other in the context of their sharing community SO THAT everyone in the community can leverage the expertise of the community members and work together to meet their collective business objectives.

Support a chat/message board to enable collaboration and sharing of ideas within a 'community space'.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED