OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deactivate & Reactivate Community Membership

As a Community Lead, I need the ability to deactivate and reactivate Community member access into a community SO THAT I can restrict access to only those members that are using the data frequently

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

As part of this work, a Community Owner & Moderator will be able to add and remove users from their tenant to the Community.

2. Community Membership Expiration

As a Community Lead, I need the ability to configure an expiration date on membership to a community SO THAT contractors automatically lose access after their contract / project is finished.

In these cases, their member account should be deactivated (not deleted). If they want to gain access again, there should be a way for them to contact the Community Leads to reactivate their account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TELL US MORE  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rename / Anonymize Data Shared with Partners

As a Data Steward, I would like to rename shared data / metadata that is shared with our partners/customers SO THAT the data is meaningful to them or SO THAT I can protect the source of the data.

This includes the stream ID that includes the PI Server name for PI to OCS streams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Temporarily Share Data

As a company that shares data with partners, we need to share data temporarily (has an expiration) SO THAT my partner can see the data they need right now when they need it but they don't have access to it for ever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share data from AF Hierarchy

As a company that shares our data with partners, I want to define what data to share with partners via our existing AF model SO THAT I can use this existing context to know what we're sharing with Partners.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Deliver Data to Customers via Custom Portal

As a service provider, I need to incorporate data into our multi-tenant customer portal (custom) SO THAT we can share data and other information with our customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Encryption in Motion / Transit

As an IT department, I need to ensure when our company's data is being moved from point A to point B that it is encrypted SO THAT our data is protected.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Partners can create their own displays from shared data

As a company that shares data with our partners, my partners would like the ability to create their own displays from data we share with them SO THAT they can build what they need in a self-service model (and we don't have to build everything for them).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. View data in Different Time Zones

As a service provider, I need the ability to view data in the time zone of where the asset/customer are located or the time zone I'm located in SO THAT we can work in the right time context and collaborate easier with our customers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conditional Sharing of Data - Contract Manufacturing

As a contract manufacturer (or partner of a CM), I need to only share data with my partner (customer) while I am manufacturing their product on my equipment SO THAT they don't get sent data from another customer.

The Contract Manufacturing equipment is used to produce products from multiple customers so data can only be shared with each partner when their product is being manufactured.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delay access to real time data when sharing

Delay access to real time data that we're sharing with a partner for a period (ex: hours, day) SO THAT I can comply with regulations around sensitive market data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Deploy Cloud Services into Private Cloud

I need to be able to have OSIsoft's cloud services solution be deployed into private clouds that the customer controls SO THAT the infrastructure and security for the application is managed by the customer (and their providers).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deployment of OCS in LATAM (Latin America)

Deploy OCS in South America/Latin America (LATAM).

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within the LATAM region. Please add comments for specific countries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deployment of OCS in Australia

Deploy OCS in Australia

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Australia.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deployment of OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC)

Deploy OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC).

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Asia.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deployment of OCS in North America East Region

Deployment of OCS in a Data Center in North America East.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Community Driven Asset Views

Enable a way for people across different companies to collaborate together with the goal of defining standard Asset Views/Shapes for different types of assets (pumps, steam turbines, tanks, etc.) that can be published and used by all customers SO THAT Industrial Operators and Service Providers can easily to exchange operational data, consume service offerings, and enable future bench marking services.

Imagine publicly available Asset Views developed through a model similar to Wikipedia.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Handle Unit of Measure (UOM) Conversion Across Companies

As a company that receives data from our partners or customers, I need to be able to convert/transform shared data from my partners into different Units of Measures (UOMs) that our company works with SO THAT we can work in the units we're comfortable with and our analytics and visualizations are built on top of.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

We are currently planning on supporting UOM conversions for shared data and in the OCS platform in relation to this work.

19. Map a Partner's Data into our Asset Structure / Model

As a company that receives shared data from our partners or customers, we need to map our partner's data from PI Systems (tags, assets, attributes) into our own Asset Structure / Model SO THAT we can easily run our calculations, visualizations, against the structure we have already built.

This also helps scale our product/service to many customers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Local Data Historian for embedding in Partner Applications

As a Partner that wants to focus on application logic instead of writing a database, I often receive manual data inputs, results of time-series calculations, and create predictive data sets that require persistence SO THAT our application can receive and publish data from OSIsoft and other sources without the overhead of managing a full stack of software.

Ideally this local historian would seamlessly integrate with our application without having to directly embed it (so upgrades are easy) - while also having a high affinity to Data Sharing behaviors in OSIsoft's Cloud Services (thus making it near zero configuration).

Some of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED