OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for Exporting of Stream list from Portal as csv

It would be beneficial to be able to export a list of streams in csv format (including columns such as stream name, stream id, type id) from the portal's SDS explorer, particularly after a search query has been executed so only a small subset of the streams would be included in the export. This csv file could then be used in other applications for easy stream name to stream id reference, or to simply document a list of streams to apply to certain search criteria.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show User Friendly Property Names by Default for All Tenant Users

The customer considers the ‘Value’, ‘SystemStateCode’, and ‘DigitalStateName’ triplicate in the trend search results to be clutter. They want to show user-friendly property names by default for all users in their tenant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data Update Mechanism

Have a mechanism to subscribe to data change updates on the platform so applications don't need to constantly poll for changes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Swap Assets in OCS Visual Trending Using URL

I have hundreds of weather stations for each I create a link to visualize its properties in OCS Visual Trending.

The process is tedious. It would be great if I could simply swap a part of the URL to change the context of the trending session.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Saving Defined Assets as a Type in Rule Builder

When I want to create assets with types from an asset rule, I am not usually aware of all the properties the type will need before hand. So generally I create the asset rule, create a type from one of the generated assets, and then add the asset type Id through the API.

It would be great if it allows typing on the asset preview page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data view refresh preview option

In the portal I would like to have the Refresh Preview button as an option at all times on the screen. This button currently appears if you have Auto Refresh off and you make a change to what would be in the table. In my case I knew they were updates to my data over the time range and I wanted to see these updates in the preview and had to refresh the whole page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duplicate SDS type

I am creating a large type (10+ properties), but am not sure exactly how I want the type to look. I would like to be able to easily in the portal duplicate an existing type and then make edits to it and save it as a new type, rather than having to type in and reselect each property selection. This would allow me to test my data in different organizational patterns to see what is best for my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicate SDS type

I am creating a large type (10+ properties), but am not sure exactly how I want the type to look. I would like to be able to easily in the portal duplicate an existing type and then make edits to it and save it as a new type, rather than having to type in and reselect each property selection. This would allow me to test my data in different organizational patterns to see what is best for my needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Power BI Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure PI to OCS metadata to sent to OCS

I would like to be able to select which fields to send to OCS as meta data from PI. Currently the options include High, Medium, Low. none. I would like a 5th option that allows me to pick and choose which fields are important to me to send.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OCS Stream Creation Date

Streams should have a property that allow you to see when they were created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OCS Portal Relative Time Entry

Inputs into the portal for start time/ end time should be able to be things like wild card (*) and other common relative time format (maybe PI relative time?)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve relative time configuration experience in the OCS Power BI Connector

Improve the user experience for relative time configuration for the Data View start index and end index (e.g. '-6mo' to '') in the OCS Power BI Connector.

Currently, relative time must be configured using M Query code in the Power Query Editor after the initial configuration of the Data View parameters as absolute values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Power BI Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An Easy Way to Map Properties in Asset Rule Builder

When I create an Asset Rule I have a Token Value Mapping, some of my Mappings have a delimiter in them. I would like to be able to easily specify to map that Mapping to the same words, but with a different delimiter, without having to define each one individually. For instance I would like to go from Gasrate to Gas rate and SRProd_velocity to SRP rod velocity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Extend Power BI Integration to Direct Query Mode

OCS Power BBI Connector does not currently support Direct Query mode for Power BI Datasets - Import is the only option.

Addition of this capability would enhance the functionality and is pretty much required when dealing with large datasets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Missing Units of Measure

If OCS is missing units of measure that you use and need for your data, please vote for this idea AND add a comment to this idea specifying what the missing UOMs are.

Previously added UOMs September 2021: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/40119379

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show time notification was generated

As a OCS user, I would like to see the notifications sent to include a timestamp so that I can see when the notifications were generated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share Trend Sessions w/ Dynamic Time Ranges

As an process engineer, I want to share with my colleagues trend sessions with dynamic time ranges (i.e., the last 24 hours) so that they keep updating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto-Fill Tenant ID from Shared Links

When a user clicks a shared link to launch OCS, they may get prompted for the tenant ID. Although the information is embedded in the links, it's not obvious to many users. It will be a much friendlier user experience if the tenant ID can be populated automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED