OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing Units of Measure

If OCS is missing units of measure that you use and need for your data, please vote for this idea AND add a comment to this idea specifying what the missing UOMs are.

Previously added UOMs September 2021: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/40119379

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show time notification was generated

As a OCS user, I would like to see the notifications sent to include a timestamp so that I can see when the notifications were generated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share Trend Sessions w/ Dynamic Time Ranges

As an process engineer, I want to share with my colleagues trend sessions with dynamic time ranges (i.e., the last 24 hours) so that they keep updating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-Fill Tenant ID from Shared Links

When a user clicks a shared link to launch OCS, they may get prompted for the tenant ID. Although the information is embedded in the links, it's not obvious to many users. It will be a much friendlier user experience if the tenant ID can be populated automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Returning from the Manage Data of a Stream shouldn't clear searches that got you there

In Sequential Data Store if you search and find a stream and then view the data of that stream, when you press to go back to streams it removes your search. It would be ideal to keep the search there and the results of that search (incase you selected the wrong one and can only tell by the data you are looking at). In the case of nonsimple queries this is incredibly frustrating.

Other things that would help would be to able to do stuff similar to the API console where you could have a history of searches, and be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simple Searches in Portal Should Include Wildcards by Default

The default search in sequential data store (maybe elsewhere in the portal too) should include *s on both ends for simple queries. This is important because adapters are setup to have prefixs (and PI to OCS) so finding what you want requires you to either remember the prefixes or remember that you need a star at the beginning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve user experience for building queries in Data Views

As a Data View creator, I want an improved user experience for creating asset and stream queries in Data Views so that I do not need to understand stream search syntax or asset search syntax to create queries for my Data Views

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display stream Description, TypeId when managing Data Views queries

When running queries in Data Views, the query checks stream Description and TypeIds, but those values are not displayed in the UI. When these fields are the only match for a stream, it can be unclear why the streams were returned at all. Suggest displaying the stream Description and TypeId somewhere in that view to make this clear. This would also allow the user to use stream's Description.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enhance PI to OCS to be able to transfer PI Points with Float16 pointtype

Currently PI Points with the Float16 pointtype are rejected by PI to OCS due to OCS and .NET not supporting the Float16 data type. It would be preferred for these PI Points to be handled as Float32 by PI to OCS, rather than rejected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PI to OCS Data Transfer dynamically based on Search Criteria Rather than Explicit Tag List

Allow PI to OCS Data Transfer to be defined by Search Criteria such as Point Source or Tag mask and dynamically include\exclude points based on the criteria -- rather than building an explicit list of tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remotely Configure Edge Systems

Remote configuration of Edge system software (Edge Data Store (EDS) and PI Adapters). The ability to apply configuration and make configuration updates remotely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Health & Manageability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remotely Manage Edge System Software

Remote management of Edge system software (Edge Data Store (EDS) and PI Adapters). The ability to deploy, upgrade, and support (i.e. restart) these systems remotely.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Health & Manageability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Send OCS invitations directly to the desired IdP

Currently, I must use a Microsoft IdP (MSA) account to accept the OCS invitation. If I ultimately want to use another IdP (e.g. Google), this means I have to temporarily create a MSA account just to accept the invitation. I would like to directly use my non-MSA account to accept the invitation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Read data from multiple streams with a single request

As a developer working on an application that needs to execute a bulk load of MANY separate streams via the OCS REST API, I would like an option to submit a list of streams with start/end index as well as per-stream continuation token, and get raw data back for all the streams. The experience should be as similar as possible as when I'm reading a single stream and the response payload should include the identifier associated with each stream as well as a per-stream continuation token.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Event-based total (non-weighted Total) Summary Type

As a Data View creator, I want an event based total Summary Type data field so that I can see a calculated sum of values that is not weighted by time (or any index)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OCS Data Views to offer Last Recorded Value retrieval mode

*** Analog to the PI Integrator for BA feature ***

Using Data Views when retrieving sampled interpolated values we cannot make use of a linear interpolation between two archived values since the result is not representative of the reality of the process.

Say I have a value of 0 at 12h and a value of 10 at 13h. I don't want to interpolate every 10min with a slope of results between 0 and 10 for this 1h publication. I want to make use of the Last Recorded Value of 0 and keep this 0 throughout the intermediate interpolations until the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PI to OCS include AF Attribute properties as metadata

For PI Point Data References brought in from PI AF using PI to OCS, it would be valuable to to have additional metadata fields on the OCS streams to indicate AF information such as the attribute's Path and UoM. This could allow us to leverage some of the hierarchy we have already built to better understand the context of streams, as well as AF UoM that may be more useful than the PI Point's engunits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Autocomplete for SDS Stream MetadataValue

Trying to create/edit SDS Streams. Finding there is are not suggestions or autocomplete features to help me add Tags, add MetadataValue key, add MetadataValue pair. Suggestions and Autocomplete would help eliminate typos and promote data integrity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OCS Tenant-specific URL

Ability to bookmark a URL, e.g. https://cloud.osisoft.com/alias, where opening that URL would automatically associate with my tenant. Clicking to sign in, the browser would know to use my alias, even if I have not checked the box to remember my tenant. This could be useful across devices, across browsers, or in private browsing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Minimize PI to OCS Post Installation Configuration Utility

As a PI to OCS Administrator, I would like to be able to minimize the PI to OCS Post Installation Configuration Utility so I can more easily switch between running applications to gather necessary information to correctly configure my PI to OCS connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED