OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure PI to OCS data transfer parameters

As of this writing, the PI to OCS Agent sends data every 30 seconds or every 10,000 events and this is currently not configurable. The idea is to allow an administrator to configure these types of parameters so they could control how often data is sent from PI to OCS. This idea came from discussions where there are PI Tags that update infrequently and those are the only tags that are part of the PI to OCS transfer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tenant admin alerts

Develop some form of OCS monitoring ala “Managed PI” so tenant admins would receive an alert of any disruptive event. There are a number of similar sounding suggestions around PI to OCS but this suggests a broader set of monitors and alerts across all services.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Health & Manageability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Always supply millisecond component of timestamp in response payloads

OCS returns a timestamp with no ‘milliseconds component’ if milliseconds is zero. This places a (small) burden on the client application to code for both possibilities … milliseconds present in the timestamp field and milliseconds not present. This places a small burden on some clients such that they have to code for both possibilities. It would be nice to have a consistent expression of time in response payloads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Configure PI to OCS Transfer Configuration via CSV or other file import

In addition to building the transfer list via searching a data archive, it would also be good to allow the user to reference a file (e.g. CSV) that has a list of points to transfer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Configuration of PI to OCS Proxy Settings

Allow for manual configuration of proxy settings for the PI to OCS Agent. Items such as the endpoint to use as well as how to authenticate (default credentials, specified username/password).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Mac OS' Safari support to cloud.osisoft.com

With the goal of OCS to reach new users, this should include supporting the browser on the increasingly platform of choice for users like Data Scientist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pi to OCS agent needs to be collective aware

The Pi to OCS agent is not collective aware. Instead, only a single archive can be mapped to the agent. Please allow the Pi to OCS agent to utilize collectives. This increases the system's overall resiliency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically detect new AF Elements and replicate them to OCS

As an AF Administrator, when I add new equipment to our plant and create new elements/attributes in AF to represent that equipment, I want that to be automatically replicated to OCS so I don't have to manually update a PI to OCS transfer to force that replication.

I would like to be able to define what is replicated and not replicate my entire AF database. For example, I'd like to replicate all elements that subscribe to a selected template. Or, I'd like to replicate all child elements under a selected parent element.

I would like to have this done on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for Analytics in OCS

We would like to do roll ups for categories, and analyze them on a schedule. We are bringing data into OCS from multiple sources, and would like to run the analysis in OCS once all the data we need is in one place.

An example, I'd like to know how many assets meet a certain condition.

We can kind of do this in PI Vision, but we want hard metrics that track over time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Showing Tick Values in the Same Color as Traces Is Unclear

When looking at the Asset, the Trend is displaying over the Y-axis value in the same color, this could be made a little clearer for readability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use Community for Sharing within the same Tenant

Ability to use Community to share data from different namespaces within the same tenant.

An example would be a connected services customer who is storing data for their customers within their tenant. Data is segregated by Namespace. These customers may want to share subsets of data with each other. So the Community would contain 1 tenant and data from different namespaces within that tenant, and users of that tenant (who may only access the data through an external app like Power Bi or the Connect Service provider's own Portal).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OCS Integration with Matlab

Ability to have a pluglin that allows matlab to get data sourced from OCS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OCS Trends Configuration Needs to be Saved in Cloud - Not The Browser!!!

Currently, the trend configuration information is stored locally on the browser using cookies and does not persist between different computers. When local storage is refreshed or deleted, the trends then need to be reconfigured. Also, jumping between workstations, such as in a plant, makes this infuriating as the trends can be different. Basically, if you make a change to a trend, those changes don't synch to other workstations and have to be done manually for each. As this is a cloud platform this does not match the pattern of use or expectation that trends\displays would persist. This information should be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose REST API for PI to OCS configuration

Provide a documented REST API for PI to OCS connection and data transfer configuration. This would enable scripting against these configurations, allowing users to update their data transfers automatically, and manage them in a customer-specific way.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sharing of other non operational data

Ability to share other related manufacturing data with external business partners.

Examples include lab tests, external calcs, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hovering over a hidden variable in an OCS trend should not gray out shown variables

As an OCS end user, when I hover over a hidden variable in my OCS trend, I would like for shown variables in the OCS trend to not gray out, leaving no visible variables in the trend. Hidden variables should not affect the visualization of the OCS trend.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OCS to IP.21 Data Egress

Ability to egress OCS data to an on prem IP.21 system for the purposes of ensuring operators on the plant floor can visualize this data with their existing displays for real time decision making.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Trend Data Filtering

Ability to filter data on a trend based on a condition (only me show me data when pressure > 1000). Grey out values or hide when data doesn't meet the condition.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Consistency with OCS API

Some of the different OCS API resources (streams, assets, data views, etc) use different methods of accessing the information.

For example, in some you may use the ID, others may use the name, others may use ID or name.

This inconsistency makes it more difficult for a developer to leverage the API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve OCS Permissions Management

Make improvements to OCS permissions management and user experience throughout the platform.

If I don't have permissions to something, don't show it.

Set default permissions on streams from the beginning, etc.

*** Please use this idea's comments to capture other improvements for this topic ***

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED