OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created

As a PI to OCS Administrator, I would like to be able to modify a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created. I may need to add data to the transfer - because we added new data sources, or because I may have missed some data that needs to be included. This is important so I don't have to delete the existing transfer and then rebuild it with the modified list of PI Points.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monitor PI to OCS connection

Sometimes, the PI2OCS agent seems to have some interruption in replicating data from a PI Data Archive into OCS. It would be beneficial to have some more monitoring options (in addition to what is available through the OCS portal) either by supporting performance counters in the Agent software or having some statistics available through the REST API. Either receiving a notification when data is not current anymore would be a great accomplishment. Connection stability is crucial for using OCS within a production environment.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Configure PI to OCS Transfer Configuration via CSV or other file import

In addition to building the transfer list via searching a data archive, it would also be good to allow the user to reference a file (e.g. CSV) that has a list of points to transfer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't Include PI Server name in Stream ID for PI to OCS

For PI to OCS streams, the PI Server name is currently prefixed onto the Stream ID. Provide an option to remove the PI Server name and use some other type of prefix or hash instead.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Configure PI to OCS data transfer parameters

As of this writing, the PI to OCS Agent sends data every 30 seconds or every 10,000 events and this is currently not configurable. The idea is to allow an administrator to configure these types of parameters so they could control how often data is sent from PI to OCS. This idea came from discussions where there are PI Tags that update infrequently and those are the only tags that are part of the PI to OCS transfer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PItoOCS Installation Footprint

As a PI System Administrator, I would like a way to deploy PItoOCS in a secure and manageable way so that it is easy to maintain, and I can trust it is secure.

Currently, OSIsoft recommends PItoOCS be installed on a separate computer from the Data Archive to which it connects. PItoOCS only supports a single connection to a single Data Archive in the current version.

OSIsoft Product Management would like to better understand customer requirements about deployment of PItoOCS in their environment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PI to OCS - Automatic Agent Upgrade

Enable a more seamless upgrade experience for the PI to OCS Agent, the on-premises component required to transfer data to OCS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PI to OCS credentials

I’d like to be able to setup the agent using a pre-created clientId and clientSecret along with my tenantId – our servers require that we login with a different account than our normal user account and since credentials we're trying to pass to OCS with passthrough I was unable to get in the middle of that process and use my normal user account to authenticate for the agent install. My elevated admin account for the servers does not have access to email, so I wasn’t able to just add the account as a user in OCS. That caused me to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We are researching how best to achieve the goal of specifying a client id and secret manually during install rather than forcing the user to login to OCS to retrieve the client id and secret.

Please let me know if you have questions, or additional information you wish to share.

Warm regards,
    Janelle Minich
    Technical Product Manager

9. PI to OCS ability to include annotations

In addition to including the "Is Annotated" flag, I would like the ability to include the actual annotations with a PI to OCS data transfer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PI to OCS include AF Attribute properties as metadata

For PI Point Data References brought in from PI AF using PI to OCS, it would be valuable to to have additional metadata fields on the OCS streams to indicate AF information such as the attribute's Path and UoM. This could allow us to leverage some of the hierarchy we have already built to better understand the context of streams, as well as AF UoM that may be more useful than the PI Point's engunits.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support multiple PI to OCS Transfers with one agent, from a single Data Archive

As a System Administrator in charge of deploying software at my organization, I would like PI to OCS to support multiple transfers from a single Data Archive, with a single agent so my Data Owners can manage the transfer of data without impacting other Data Owners in my organization. This will also provide more granular control for smaller data transfers, instead of one single data transfer that could encompass 100,000's to 1 million PI Points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync PI to OCS Value Property UoMs with the source tag's EngUnits

By placing the engineering units from the data archive into a stream metadata, it precludes their usage within OCS's UoM functionality (such as data view column labels for example). The EngUnits won't be trivial to sync into OCS, but an attempt to find a match, then prompting for manual intervention where necessary would be helpful to get the engunits synced into something more functional.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Configuration of PI to OCS Proxy Settings

Allow for manual configuration of proxy settings for the PI to OCS Agent. Items such as the endpoint to use as well as how to authenticate (default credentials, specified username/password).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pi to OCS agent needs to be collective aware

The Pi to OCS agent is not collective aware. Instead, only a single archive can be mapped to the agent. Please allow the Pi to OCS agent to utilize collectives. This increases the system's overall resiliency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically detect new AF Elements and replicate them to OCS

As an AF Administrator, when I add new equipment to our plant and create new elements/attributes in AF to represent that equipment, I want that to be automatically replicated to OCS so I don't have to manually update a PI to OCS transfer to force that replication.

I would like to be able to define what is replicated and not replicate my entire AF database. For example, I'd like to replicate all elements that subscribe to a selected template. Or, I'd like to replicate all child elements under a selected parent element.

I would like to have this done on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Visibility into Stale Data

Ability to see how stale data is. Do I expect to see data but it hasn't been updated in a long while?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save PI Point Transfer List to easily rebuild transfer query

Having to redefine the Pi point transfer list manually every time is inconvenient. For example, it currently takes 5 different queries for me to build my list, and this last time I forgot one. It would be nice if somehow you could save and reference a previous list of pi points or the application remembers what has already been included in a past transfer. It's really common that you might only need to add a few streams to the existing pi point transfer list. If you could save a list of previous transfers then add the new query for new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PI to OCS for digital tags: Make it easier to distinguish real digital state values vs system digital states

PI to OCS creates an OCS stream type for PI digital tags with a property called DigitalStateName. This property includes both the "real" value of the tag's digital state set, but also the System Digital State (No Data, Error, Comm Fail, etc) when the Value property is null. It's difficult to distinguish what strings correspond to values and what strings correspond to errors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IOT Device to Cloud

Send soft sensor and IOT device data straight to the cloud bypassing traditional automation and plant floor networks.

Provide built in dashboarding for the data in the cloud.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PI to OCS - AF Lookup Table Support

Support AF lookup table information on PI to OCS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED