OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Managed Accounts for our Customers

We are a company providing connected services leveraging operational data to our customers.

Enable us to provision OCS Accounts on behalf of our customers, and manage things like data ingress, stream configuration, data mapping, context, and others for our customer managed accounts SO THAT our customers can just consume our service (and they paid for us to do these types of tasks). We need a way to onboard our customers easily with their own OCS tenants/Accounts SO THAT we can expand our business to all our potential customers, not just those that already have a relationship with OSIsoft.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Account Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is planned as part of our Community & stream data sharing functionality in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS). It will likely come after we release our initial data sharing functionality.

2. Asset Filtering

Ability to filter on equipment / assets by various metadata (key/value pairs) SO THAT I can find the assets I'm interested in monitoring or performing analysis on.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Handle Unit of Measure (UOM) Conversion Across Companies

As a company that receives data from our partners or customers, I need to be able to convert/transform shared data from my partners into different Units of Measures (UOMs) that our company works with SO THAT we can work in the units we're comfortable with and our analytics and visualizations are built on top of.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

We are currently planning on supporting UOM conversions for shared data and in the OCS platform in relation to this work.

4. Asset Metadata Searching

Ability to search for Assets by their metadata (key/value pairs). For example, search for "Philadelphia Pumps"

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save PI Point Transfer List to easily rebuild transfer query

Having to redefine the Pi point transfer list manually every time is inconvenient. For example, it currently takes 5 different queries for me to build my list, and this last time I forgot one. It would be nice if somehow you could save and reference a previous list of pi points or the application remembers what has already been included in a past transfer. It's really common that you might only need to add a few streams to the existing pi point transfer list. If you could save a list of previous transfers then add the new query for new…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notify me when there is a problem with my PItoOCS agent or connection

As a PI System Administrator managing our OCS implementation I need to be notified when there is an important change in my PI to OCS software or the connection to OCS that will require me to intervene. I need a notification to tell me about any problems that are occurring. I also need to be able to configure the type of message I get alerts on. I need an alert when data stops transferring, or something critical needs my attention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide Health overview for PItoOCS

As a PI System Administrator for a global company managing our OCS implementation, I need to understand when our PI to OCS connections are healthy or need attention so I can quickly determine where I need to focus effort to keep things running as expected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PItoOCS installation should support Device Codes in addition to manual OCS login

As a PI System Administrator installing the PI to OCS agent, I need an alternate way to establish a secure connection instead of opening a web page and manually entering my credentials because our company bans java script or there is no web browser available on the machine. Because of this, I can never get the install kit to finish.

Currently for a user or client to log in, either a clientid/secret or interactive user log in with an Identity Provider must be used in order to obtain a access token. We would like to use a device code to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are planning to support device codes during the installation of PItoOCS so users can have an alternate method to authenticate and obtain a token from OCS, rather than having to manually log in.

9. Visualize Asset Status

Ability to Configure / map Asset status stream properties to Asset status colors (green / yellow / red) and View Asset status on Asset search results.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PLANNED  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Asset Search by Name

Ability to search for assets by Name or Description and see a list of matching results.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED