OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Science Enablement

I have a customer scenario where I need to use Operational data for Data Science & Machine Learning purposes.

50 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  1 comment  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote Operations Monitoring (SaaS offering)

As a customer that has assets in locations that have few personnel that are capable of maintaining software on site, but need to create displays, reports, and troubleshoot operational issues using data from several different small automation systems. I need a low to zero footprint offering that is always up-to-date offered on a subscription basis so that I can enable visualization and analytical capabilities on my remote sites.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Capture data from remote customer sites that don’t have a PI System

As a company that provides services for remote assets at our customers sites, we need to collect data from our customer sites without having to deploy a full PI System SO THAT we can start providing our service weeks to months faster and save on deployment and infrastructure costs.  

Ideally, we could deploy some PI Connectors to remote sites and store the data in a Cloud Data Store.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deployment of OCS in Europe

We need to ensure that when our company's data is stored in the cloud, it is stored within Europe SO THAT we can comply with local regulations and stay in compliance.

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within the European Union.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OCS Trending URL Parameters

Ability to support URL parameters for data, time, etc. in the OCS Trend page.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PI to OCS

There seems to be a dependency on IE, when installing the PI to OCS agent. This wasn't there in earlier versions. I kept getting Flash error during DUO authentication. I had FF and Chrome installed, and Flash was disabled. I ended up having to install IE, then disable Flash in IE, before I could get past the DUO error

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automated Creation of Stream Metadata from Stream Names with Delimeters

Ability to parse meaningful metadata from stream names to add context. Utilize the delimiters in a stream name to define a pattern for parsing metadata.
    Stream metadata enriches the sequential data, and is valuable to OCS users for data organization, easier finding of desired data, and richer analysis.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple Trend Cursor Summary Calcs

Ability to see summary calculations / statistics (min/max/avg/duration) between successive trend cursor marker lines SO THAT a user can easily understand what happens during the cursor times.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Trend Easier Cursors for Trace min & max

Ability to have an easy way to set cursors exactly at a selected trace's minimum or maximum SO THAT a user doesn't need to find them manually.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visualize Trace Details on Trend

Ability to visualize the details of a selected (highlighted) trace on his trend such as min, max, avg on the trend SO THAT you can understand how the measurement is performing over the time of the trend and easily identify min, max, avg visually.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display Trend Summary Calcs

Ability to view the statistics (avg, min, max) of every trace in the trend.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED