OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Science Enablement

I have a customer scenario where I need to use Operational data for Data Science & Machine Learning purposes.

54 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  1 comment  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remote Operations Monitoring (SaaS offering)

As a customer that has assets in locations that have few personnel that are capable of maintaining software on site, but need to create displays, reports, and troubleshoot operational issues using data from several different small automation systems. I need a low to zero footprint offering that is always up-to-date offered on a subscription basis so that I can enable visualization and analytical capabilities on my remote sites.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Capture data from remote customer sites that don’t have a PI System

As a company that provides services for remote assets at our customers sites, we need to collect data from our customer sites without having to deploy a full PI System SO THAT we can start providing our service weeks to months faster and save on deployment and infrastructure costs.  

Ideally, we could deploy some PI Connectors to remote sites and store the data in a Cloud Data Store.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. API to access data & asset context programattically

An API to access data and asset context for remote assets / operations monitoring programattically

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Replicate AF Elements and Attributes in OCS

As a PI System Administrator, I need to make it easy for our users to find the data they are looking for in OCS. With potentially millions of streams, having context around that data is critical. We have already made the investment in PI AF and would like to take advantage of our existing context definitions in AF and apply them to the data in OCS. This will enable our users to quickly find what they are looking for using the context they are already familiar with.

OSIsoft Product Management is looking for feedback from our customers about requirements for…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remotely Deploy and Manage Edge Systems

Remote management of Edge systems (Edge Data Store (EDS) and PI Adapters). The ability to deploy, configure, upgrade, and support these systems remotely.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edge Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently working on the ability to remotely manage OSIsoft’s edge software.

If you have a few minutes, we’re actively collecting feedback to learn more about your remote asset scenarios and needs for remotely managing data collection at the edge.

If you would like to share your feedback with us, please complete the survey linked below. This survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete.

https://osisoft.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_26jOm9TdwfuXPHn

7. Create Custom-Defined Patterns for Creating Assets from Stream Names

Ability to create user-defined patterns that can be parsed from the stream name to create Assets, Asset Attributes, & Asset Measurements. Currently the service uses delimiters to aid in the construction of a pattern.

This would help customer create and manage Assets in Bulk.

For example, a stream name with B.1234.Temp can be deconstructed into Assets: Boiler 1234 with related data such as Temperature referencing the stream.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED