OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Community Data Sharing: Share Data with External Partners

As a company that needs to share data with external business partners, I want to have a way to provide secure access to our company's data through the Cloud SO THAT we can share data with partners that don't have a PI System, without making external copies of the data, and having a more standard way of sharing data with our external partners.

74 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

If you have an active use case where you are trying to share data with external business partners of yours and you interested in trying this out once we have reached a point in our development where this is possible, please let us know and we will add you to our list!

2. Remote Operations Monitoring (SaaS offering)

As a customer that has assets in locations that have few personnel that are capable of maintaining software on site, but need to create displays, reports, and troubleshoot operational issues using data from several different small automation systems. I need a low to zero footprint offering that is always up-to-date offered on a subscription basis so that I can enable visualization and analytical capabilities on my remote sites.

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  2 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ensure Data Segregation for Data Sharing - Multi-tenant System

As a service provider, I need to ensure that our customers can NEVER see another customer's data or even meta-data (that they exist) SO THAT customers can't see any information about their competitors and who we work with.

As a industrial operating company that shares data with partners and service providers, I need to ensure that our data is only accessible to those that we share with SO THAT we can ensure our data and company's intellectual property (IP) is safe and secure.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

As part of the Community creation workflow, we are working on a way that Communities are formed without exposing other customer accounts/tenants in the process.

Additionally, Namespaces can now be used to segregate customer data (if you’re providing a service to those customers), or the data can be stored in their own OCS tenant/account and then shared via Community data sharing functionality (when it becomes available).

4. View Data Related to an Asset

Ability to click on an Asset and view the current values for data & metadata associated with the Asset.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API to access data & asset context programattically

An API to access data and asset context for remote assets / operations monitoring programattically

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replicate AF Elements and Attributes in OCS

As a PI System Administrator, I need to make it easy for our users to find the data they are looking for in OCS. With potentially millions of streams, having context around that data is critical. We have already made the investment in PI AF and would like to take advantage of our existing context definitions in AF and apply them to the data in OCS. This will enable our users to quickly find what they are looking for using the context they are already familiar with.

OSIsoft Product Management is looking for feedback from our customers about requirements for…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Asset & Measurement Context

Be able to add / capture context for assets / equipment so that those users that are removed from the process can understand the data.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are continuing to develop this feature, incorporating valuable feedback from early adopters. If you are interested in trialing this functionality pre-release, please contact us/your account team.

8. Remotely Deploy and Manage Edge Systems

Remote management of Edge systems (Edge Data Store (EDS) and PI Adapters). The ability to deploy, configure, upgrade, and support these systems remotely.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Edge Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently working on the ability to remotely manage OSIsoft’s edge software.

If you have a few minutes, we’re actively collecting feedback to learn more about your remote asset scenarios and needs for remotely managing data collection at the edge.

If you would like to share your feedback with us, please complete the survey linked below. This survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete.

https://osisoft.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_26jOm9TdwfuXPHn

9. Publish data via a REST interface

As a Data Steward of my company's data, I need to be able to publish data to partners that's accessible via a REST interface SO THAT our partner that has good technical resources/capabilities can easily access and make use of the data.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This will include REST API access to data shared in a Community.

10. Restrict Access to Account's Users & Namespaces

Ability to restrict user access to an Account's Users and namespaces within an Account/Tenant so that certain users/roles don't know other users in the account.

Used for scenarios when an Account is storing multiple customer's access within the same Account prior to Community Data Sharing services being available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UOM Support in OCS Data Views

As a data scientist, I want to know the UOMs for the data I am accessing and analyzing so that I have a more complete understanding of the data.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unit of measure support for OCS data views is now in development! Based on feedback, we are ensuring you have flexibility in how this UOM is represented in your data set, with options to label column headers with the UOM, or to include it directly in your data table as its own field

12. Edit a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created

As a PI to OCS Administrator, I would like to be able to modify a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created. I may need to add data to the transfer - because we added new data sources, or because I may have missed some data that needs to be included. This is important so I don't have to delete the existing transfer and then rebuild it with the modified list of PI Points.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Ingress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AD Groups Support for User Access Management

Support for Active Directory (AD) Groups when managing users within OCS.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create Custom-Defined Patterns for Creating Assets from Stream Names

Ability to create user-defined patterns that can be parsed from the stream name to create Assets, Asset Attributes, & Asset Measurements. Currently the service uses delimiters to aid in the construction of a pattern.

This would help customer create and manage Assets in Bulk.

For example, a stream name with B.1234.Temp can be deconstructed into Assets: Boiler 1234 with related data such as Temperature referencing the stream.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  0 comments  ·  Context & Data Mapping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better Relevance for Search Results with Multiple Search Terms

Better handling of search results from multiple search terms such as "Oakland Weather" or "Philadelphia Temperature". Sort search results by relevance so expected results are at the top of the results.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visualization: Trends  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deactivate & Reactive Community Membership

As a Community Lead, I need the ability to deactivate and reactivate Community member access into a community SO THAT I can restrict access to only those members that are using the data frequently.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As part of this work, a Community Owner & Moderator will be able to add and remove users from their tenant to the Community.

17. Support meta data rules on streams that ignore some delimiters

I would like to be able to generate meta data for my streams that have extra, unused delimiters in the name

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, the selective use of delimiters will be supported by the Stream Metadata Rules. OSIoft recognizes that not all delimiters in a stream name or description are equally meaningful; they may be quite significant in one position and unimportant/ignored in another position (e.g. period used as delimiter and skipped within the same pattern).

Development is currently working to complete this feature function.

18. Include Calculated Data in OCS Data Views

As a data scientist, I often want to include calculated features in addition to the stream property data. Examples include min, max, average, etc. calculated at the same frequency as the interpolated stream property values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support Assets in OCS Data Views

Support creating data views utilizing assets instead of individual streams.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have begun work to allow OCS data views to target assets, in addition to streams. We still want to hear more about how this can enable you to create more powerful analytics with your OCS data, so if this topic interests you, please vote, comment, or get in touch!

20. Shared Community Lead

As a company that shares data with it's partners, I would like to invite another person from my partner's account to also be a Community Lead SO THAT they can add and manage users from their Account in the Community. Our community Lead will manage our users, our partner's community lead will manage their users.

This idea is in contrast to the 'Single Community Lead' idea. https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811/suggestions/19121872

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED