Community Data Sharing: Share Data with External Partners
As a company that needs to share data with external business partners, I want to have a way to provide secure access to our company's data through the Cloud SO THAT we can share data with partners that don't have a PI System, without making external copies of the data, and having a more standard way of sharing data with our external partners.
We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.
If you have an active use case where you are trying to share data with external business partners of yours and you interested in trying this out once we have reached a point in our development where this is possible, please let us know and we will add you to our list!
We have a vendor/partner who provides us support on a segment of our operations. They give guidance on "recipes" and operations strategies based on the data we collect and analyze. We would like to give them access to a small subset of our data, without cumbersome FTP, emailing reports, etc. Ideally, they could access PI Vision dashboards to view ingredient inventory, quality, etc.
Noble is currently working on setting up PI Cloud Connect with Marathon (MRO) in E.G. West Africa.
Need to share data with academic community.
The ability to create a Community for sharing data, displays, other artifacts, and collaborate among each of your partners / vendors / customers.
Some Assumptions about 'Partnership Communities':
* A partnership community contains members that are typically across 2 companies/organizations (Accounts) and is often signified as a private business relationship.
* It will be common for one of the partners in the Partnership community to be providing services to the other partner in the community (i.e. one is a customer of the other).
* The data shared into these communities from any 1 company will be specific to the business purpose for sharing the data. It could be a very broad set of data (entire plant, many assets, etc) or narrow (a couple of tank levels for Vendor Managed Inventory).
* It will be common for any one company to have MANY partnership communities ... one for each of their 'partners'.
* Each partnership community has their own distinct set of data and displays shared within it.
Example Use Cases:
* Vendor Managed Inventory
* Remote Asset Monitoring Services
* Connected Services Agreements
* Contract Manufacturing
NOTE: If you have use cases, please add them to the Comments section for this idea.
As a company that shares data with Partners, I need to share (or get access to) to YEARS of historical PI System data with partners SO THAT they can run their analytics on the history and tell us how to improve our operations.
Sharing or getting access to weeks or a couple of month of historical data is not enough for our data sharing use case.
Provide a way for partners, vendors, or customers that don’t have a PI System to securely access a subset of our operations data SO THAT we have a more standard and secure way of data exchange than today (VPN, Email, FTP, Citrix, PI to PI, PI CC, etc.).