OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Community Data Sharing: Share Data with External Partners

As a company that needs to share data with external business partners, I want to have a way to provide secure access to our company's data through the Cloud SO THAT we can share data with partners that don't have a PI System, without making external copies of the data, and having a more standard way of sharing data with our external partners.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

If you have an active use case where you are trying to share data with external business partners of yours and you interested in trying this out once we have reached a point in our development where this is possible, please let us know and we will add you to our list!

2. Share Displays with External Partners

Ability to share a display of information (real-time & historical) with an external partner/company.

Must support ability to secure and share specific displays with specific partners.

It must be possible to share the display with an external partner that doesn't already have a PI System.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send OCS data to PI System

The ability to collect data directly into OCS (Cloud) but then route some data back to on premises PI Systems for merging with that data.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

EVALUATING  ·  10 comments  ·  Data Egress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ensure Data Segregation for Data Sharing - Multi-tenant System

As a service provider, I need to ensure that our customers can NEVER see another customer's data or even meta-data (that they exist) SO THAT customers can't see any information about their competitors and who we work with.

As a industrial operating company that shares data with partners and service providers, I need to ensure that our data is only accessible to those that we share with SO THAT we can ensure our data and company's intellectual property (IP) is safe and secure.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started development on Community Management features and Stream data sharing in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS) to enable sharing of operational data across tenants.

As part of the Community creation workflow, we are working on a way that Communities are formed without exposing other customer accounts/tenants in the process.

Additionally, Namespaces can now be used to segregate customer data (if you’re providing a service to those customers), or the data can be stored in their own OCS tenant/account and then shared via Community data sharing functionality (when it becomes available).

5. Replicate AF Elements and Attributes in OCS

As a PI System Administrator, I need to make it easy for our users to find the data they are looking for in OCS. With potentially millions of streams, having context around that data is critical. We have already made the investment in PI AF and would like to take advantage of our existing context definitions in AF and apply them to the data in OCS. This will enable our users to quickly find what they are looking for using the context they are already familiar with.

OSIsoft Product Management is looking for feedback from our customers about requirements for…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created

As a PI to OCS Administrator, I would like to be able to modify a PI to OCS Transfer after it is created. I may need to add data to the transfer - because we added new data sources, or because I may have missed some data that needs to be included. This is important so I don't have to delete the existing transfer and then rebuild it with the modified list of PI Points.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications Support from Cloud Services

I need to be able to be notified when something important happens in the process/assets we are working with SO THAT I can take action on the issue.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Deploy Cloud Services into Private Cloud

I need to be able to have OSIsoft's cloud services solution be deployed into private clouds that the customer controls SO THAT the infrastructure and security for the application is managed by the customer (and their providers).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OCS Configurable Calculations

Ability to configure calculations based on OCS data and store the values back into OCS as new Streams.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Deployment of OCS in Australia

Deploy OCS in Australia

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Australia.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display Assets / Sites on a Map

Ability to display sites & assets on a map, show their current status, and then have a way to drill down into details for them.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data Constraints: Limit Amount of History in Data Sharing

Ability to define and constrain the scope of data shared. For example, limit the amount of data history shared with an external partner (ex: week of data, month of data, year of data, etc.). Or a specific time range. There should be no limits on when the time range can exist (i.e. able to share data from 5 years ago).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enterprise Cloud Data Store for Aggregating on premises PI Servers

As an company that uses PI Systems across our enterprise, we need the ability to aggregate data across on premises PI Systems located at our sites.

Today, we often use another "Enterprise" level PI Server to perform this aggregation and 'corporate view'. but in the future, we would like to be able to aggregate this data in a cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) offering hosted by OSIsoft.

This would enable customers to largely replace their central/corporate PI Servers with OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Conditional Sharing of Data - Contract Manufacturing

As a contract manufacturer (or partner of a CM), I need to only share data with my partner (customer) while I am manufacturing their product on my equipment SO THAT they don't get sent data from another customer.

The Contract Manufacturing equipment is used to produce products from multiple customers so data can only be shared with each partner when their product is being manufactured.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audit Trail

Support an Audit Trail within OCS to ensure data integrity for regulatory compliance (such as pharma 21 CFR Part 11).

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restrict Access to Tenant's Users & Namespaces / Strict Mode

Ability to restrict user access to an Tenant's Users and namespaces within a Tenant so that certain users/roles don't know other users in the tenant.

Used for scenarios when a Tenant is storing multiple customer's access within the same Tenant prior to Community Data Sharing services being available.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have implemented a new feature in OCS called ‘strict mode’ that can be enabled by OSIsoft on a customer’s tenant. This feature is now in preview.

Enabling strict mode hides several OCS portal menus, API routes, and tiles on the landing Dashboard to non-Admin users.

The feature is intended for use for tenants that may have multiple company’s users logging into the tenant (example: connected services and their customers) and there is a need to hide administrative information and other user information from non admin users.

Strict mode hidden menus include: Identity Providers, Users, Roles, Groups, Clients, Usage, Health, My profile only shows a user’s own information. Likewise, API routes goes to a forbidden error. Dashboard tiles hidden include: usage tile, health tile, quick links tile.

To enable strict mode, please contact OSIsoft and we can enable it on your tenant. Please let us know your feedback.

17. Monitor PI to OCS connection

Sometimes, the PI2OCS agent seems to have some interruption in replicating data from a PI Data Archive into OCS. It would be beneficial to have some more monitoring options (in addition to what is available through the OCS portal) either by supporting performance counters in the Agent software or having some statistics available through the REST API. Either receiving a notification when data is not current anymore would be a great accomplishment. Connection stability is crucial for using OCS within a production environment.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Business Partner Collaboration

Enable a way for external organizations that are partners that are sharing data and displays to also communicate & collaborate with each other in the context of their sharing community SO THAT everyone in the community can leverage the expertise of the community members and work together to meet their collective business objectives.

Support a chat/message board to enable collaboration and sharing of ideas within a 'community space'.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export Raw Data from Trending

Ability to export raw data from traces in the trend into a CSV format that can be opened in a spreadsheet app like Excel or Google Sheets.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View OCS data in a Spreadsheet

Ability to view OCS data in a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED