OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Cursor Table's Icon Can Be Confusing

In the lower pane of the workspace, the icon that is associated with the table doesn’t seem to “fit.” It has such a strong association with Google maps or a physical location. I think it might be better to use another icon. This is also where having tooltips would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow RedirectURL to be free form. (currently restricted to only http schemed ones).

I'm building a mobile app to authenticate to OCS. Using OIDC Authentication, my app is expecting a Redirect URL of “host.exp.exponent”... but OCS won’t let me whitelist this Redirect URL, it tells me: “URL is invalid”.

The issue is that OCS appears to artificially restrict redirect URLs to only http schemed ones.

However, native app redirects are free form and not necessarily schemed. Lifting that restriction should solve the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spreadsheet to OCS Manual Data Entry

Provide a way to upload spreadsheet data to OCS. This is manually entered information, compiled manually from multiple sources.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OMF endpoint URL not easy to find.

I think the OMF endpoint should be easier to find. I struggled with this for over half an hour trying to find the URL for my OMF endpoint.

Also, I might be wrong on this, but shouldn't the URL include the https:// as a prefix?

I used the OMF endpoint from OCS by using the "copy to clipboard" button, and pasted in my json configuration file for OSIsoft's Edge Data Store (EDS). The Result: I received an "error: Invalid Endpoint". The solution was to add the https:// in front of the url that I copy from OCS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "+ Add Connection" Button Functionality.

I think the "Add Connection" button should prompt the user if they want to create a "OMF Type" or a "PI System" type connection.

This was confusing for me, since I didn't realize that the "Add Connection" button functionality is DIFFERENT based on weather I have the TYPE set to "OMF" vs "PI SYSTEM".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create Custom-Defined Patterns for Parsing Context from Stream Names

Ability to create user-defined patterns that can be parsed from the stream name to add context. Currently the service uses delimiters to aid in the construction of a pattern. For example, a stream name with B1234 can be deconstructed into equipment: Boiler and equipment ID: 1234

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Assets in OCS Data Views

Support creating data views utilizing assets instead of individual streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have begun work to allow OCS data views to target assets, in addition to streams. We still want to hear more about how this can enable you to create more powerful analytics with your OCS data, so if this topic interests you, please vote, comment, or get in touch!

8. Deployment of OCS in Middle East

Deploy OCS in Middle East

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Middle East.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save Asset Searches

Ability to save Asset Search & Filtering queries into a "view" SO THAT users can easily re-open their most common queries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Assets in OCS Trend

Support the concept of Assets within the OCS Trend. This includes searching for Assets and trending their attributes/properties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ASTM E3077 Data Sharing Support

Ability to have support for the ASTM E3077 standard for exchanging raw material eData for Pharma & BioPharma manufacturers.

https://www.astm.org/Standards/E3077.htm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Multiple Trends

Ability to have multiple trends on the page / workspace, perhaps up to a max number of trends (grid of 4?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Correct the HTML code

The Nu Html Checker points out 4 small issues with the HTML code of https://cloud.osisoft.com/:
    https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.osisoft.com%2F

Please implement these changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OCS replacing a central PI Server

As a user, our company IT has a strategy to move all on-premise application to a PaaS or SaaS application. Therefore,OCS should be compatible to the PI Server and allow the migration of data and feature easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SDS API Summary Calls

Working with the SDS, it would be nice to be able to specify non equal time interval when looking at monthly summaries for example.

Alternatively, it might be useful to support providing an array of indexes defining the different interval as an alternative to only providing a count between two boundaries.

Lastly, having the flexibility to ask/return only a subset of the summary value (out of the 12 provided) might help with performance and filtering out summary value that have no mathematical sense depending upon the data type and index type being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GeoJSON

As a remote operations monitoring user, I would like to store locations and track movements of assets in a native GeoJSON data type / format for both querying as part of OCS and integration with peer cloud services that take advantage of geospatial positioning data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. White Labeling / Rebranding OCS Portal

Enable white labeling of OCS Visualization so that Connected Services companies can rebrand the solution to their customers as their own.

Examples include being able to change the logo, changing the color themes used on the site, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cloud to Cloud Integration: eWON Cloud Service

Ability to integrate data from eWON Cloud IoT platform into OCS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video Storage

The ability to store video files in OCS and relate the video to process data by timestamp.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Management & Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create an API that helps deliver an appropriate amount of data to the user or application

As a data scientist or UI user, I don't know how much data I'm requesting when I ask for a sequence of data. However, I can provide some boundary conditions to help scope the request SO THAT OCS can deliver an appropriate level of detail for my use. This API would support this Visualization UserVoice suggestion: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/597811-osisoft-cloud-services/suggestions/34492885-store-pre-computed-averages-to-accelerate-data-scr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED