OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App Support for Community Data Sharing

The ability to publish one app (such as a Power BI report, or custom web application) that gets used for multiple customers.

Customers should be able to log into the app using the OCS credentials from their Account (passed through to OCS), and get access to any data that's shared with them.

We don't want to publish the app for each customer individually. There might need to be a way to link an app into a Community that gives that app access to data shared in that community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Gauge Charts in OCS Visualization

It would be nice to provide a wide range of visualization panels like Multibar graph panels, Gauges, maps etc with more features to edit and visualize based on time and also metrics. Supports for other data sources with minimal efforts would also be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide Bar Charts in OCS Visualization

It would be nice to provide a wide range of visualization panels like Multibar graph panels, Gauges, maps etc with more features to edit and visualize based on time and also metrics. Supports for other data sources with minimal efforts would also be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto suggest SDS Type from Data JSON

As a developer quickly trying to store data in OCS I would like to be able to send the data JSON that will be coming and to be able to get a suggested SDS type based on this JSON data. I envision this is similar to paste special in VS where you get a class from a json object. I would expect as a user to be able to edit this (ideally from a nice GUI, but the JSON would be ok too)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Charts & Tables to Asset Explorer

The ability to view data from assets in charts and tables within Asset Explorer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Statistical Process Control (SPC) / Statistical Quality Control (SQC) Symbol

Ability to visualize data on a SPC / SQC Chart in OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Cursors Aren't Self-Explanatory

when clicking the line, it would be helpful to add a text to the max and min markers to denote what they are. I was confused as to why those two markers showed up. This would be consistent with the fact that the average line marker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Zoom Functionality Isn't Intuitive

I was confused with the zoom button functionality. I was expecting that when having zoom activated and clicking on the screen would zoom in at a given rate around the time-stamp I clicked at, but it seems that it cancels the zoom. Clicking on a point and automatically zooming is a common behavior in many applications. Other users might expect the same. Right clicking is usually associated with zooming out. I was able to zoom in by clicking and dragging, but it took some getting used to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Handling Replaced or Redeployed Devices

The ability for data generating devices in the field to be redeployed to new assets and have the data in OCS reflect this reality.

Scenarios:
    * Device 123 is capturing data from Asset A and redeployed to Asset B at this timestamp.

* Device 456 is capturing data from Asset A and is replaced with Device 789 at this timestamp for Asset A.

When looking at data for Asset A, it should reflect the history of all the data from the various devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trend Cursor: Set a Specific Time

I'd like the ability to enter a specific trend cursor time SO THAT I can see the cursor information at a specific time (could be an interpolated time) and multiple cursors at a specific time range.

In this case, I have other timestamp information when I know an event/time period has happened and I want to hard code that into my cursors so I get the exact stats & calculated information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Log the usage of a clientID for data ingress/egress

In maintaining and managing IoT devices I would like to be able to watch my data ingress and egress and general connections to OCS based on a clientIds to see if one has been compromised and is being used differently than expected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed OCS Visualization into another Webpage

Ability to embed OCS Visualization and/or Trending components into another webpage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Asset Dashboards

Ability to create Dashboards showing data from different Assets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find Assets by Latitude & Longitude

I would like to find Assets by a boxing query / geo-fencing of their Longitude & Latitude locations SO THAT I can find all the Assets in a geographical area. .

This could be for static assets (like a weather station or building) or mobile assets (like a car, truck, ship at sea, or sheep on a farm).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search & Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Standardization & Management of Assets

As a SME creating Assets, I would like to have a way to manage and standardize the information for my Assets SO THAT I can maintain consistency and decrease the overhead of managing many Assets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Indicate that OMF was accepted

As a OMF developer, I would like a way to easily check if my OMF message succeeded and the message was processed and there were no errors. I would like to do this from my sending application. One possible way would be to send in the returned operation-id of a call to get its status(using same auth header).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable conditional substitution between fields in a Data View

As a Data Scientist exploring or analyzing my dataset, I want to have the ability to configure a Data View to conditionally substitute the value from one field into another field (for instance if a field has a null value at one interval, fill that interval with the value from a different field)

An example of a common use case would be regarding PI tags sent to OCS via the PI to OCS Agent. Consider a scenario where a numeric PI tag (eg. of type Float) had a period where it stored system Digital State values (eg. Bad Input) instead…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Views  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to support nested attributes in OCS Visualization

Whilst OCS' SDS supports storing structures that include nested attributes, OCS Trending currently doesn't support that functionality.

The workaround is to flatten the nested structure to a simple type, and get the OCS Trending to work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flatten nested streams

I would like to be able to use the Stream Views capabilities in OCS to be able to flatten nested streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Cursor Table's Icon Can Be Confusing

In the lower pane of the workspace, the icon that is associated with the table doesn’t seem to “fit.” It has such a strong association with Google maps or a physical location. I think it might be better to use another icon. This is also where having tooltips would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED