OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alarm / Faults Visualization

Ability to visualize recent faults for an Asset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend OCS Streams by Non-Time Index

Ability to trend OCS Stream Properties by other non time based indices (depth, etc.).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Visualize Asset Status History Over Time

Ability to visualize equipment statuses / states over a period of time (day, week, month, etc.) SO THAT you can get an idea of when certain statuses are the most prevalent and how the equipment has been behaving recently.

Additionally, the ability to understand the % time each Status had over the time period (pie chart is a common visualization for this).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Deployment of OCS on Azure.gov

Support running OCS and PI Cloud Connect deployed into Azure.gov and ensure that foreign nationals don't have access to the data or cloud servers (from a support/maintenance perspective).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Asset Summary Reporting

Generate an asset summary report on a periodic basis to summarize performance and other information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Equipment Benchmarking

The ability to configure a peer group of similar equipment based on properties of the equipment SO THAT equipment KPIs can be benchmarked across multiple customers (and data shared anonymously).

For example, a peer group might be all GE7FA gas turbines owned and operated by company xyz.

The ability to see how my units are comparing across the entire group (including assets from other anonymous companies). What's my rank? Am I a good performer or a bad performer?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Community Exit Strategy

As a Community Lead, I need to stop sharing data with a partner/vendor/service provider that is providing services to me but we decide to terminate the relationship (perhaps choose a different service provider).

In this situation, we would like to still retain access to the history of the community because you might need to determine what the vendor was doing with your equipment back in history.

NOTE: Please use the comments section for this idea to help document your requirements and use cases when a sharing relationship or contract is terminated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Communities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need to do more customer research on what the expectations are when a Community is dissolved (perhaps the business relationship has gone another direction) … what happens to the old Community information? what stays around and is accessible vs not anymore?

8. Short Term / Temporary Community

As a Community Lead, I need be able to support temporary Communities by deactivating a Community after a project is completed (in a couple of months) SO THAT we can protect our data that they no longer need access to.

Example Use Case: CompanyA contracts an OEM to manufacture custom equipment for their manufacturing process. While the OEM is building and testing the equipment, the CompanyA wants access to the data to support design and testing efforts at the OEM site. This way, CompanyA's engineers can monitor and provide input into the development and qualification process while working remotely. Once…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View data in different Units of Measure (UOM)

As a process engineer, I need the ability to view data in unit of measure's that I'm used to SO THAT the values make sense to me when I'm viewing and analyzing displays.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deployment of OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC)

Deploy OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC).

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Asia.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OCS APIs should allow requests with an Access Token issued by my Identity Provider

A customer is building a Web application that needs to access both Microsoft APIs (secured using Azure Active Directory) and OCS APIs (secured using OCS Identity Server). In order for the customer to call both sets of APIs from their Web application, they currently need to authenticate the User with Azure Active Directory and perform a second authentication with OCS Identity Server.

The Access Token issued by Azure Active Directory can be used to access Microsoft’s APIs and the Access Token issued by OCS Identity Server can be used to access OCS APIs, but not vice-versa. This means that the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Table Lookup in OCS Context / Assets

Support Table Lookup functionality in OCS Context, similar to AF where the meaning of a value (Code 7) is deciphered via a lookup table.

Support Table Lookup functionality in AF to OCS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Contact Community Admin or Moderator

Have a way to contact another Community Admin or Moderator from another tenant SO THAT I can work through any issues with them in a community.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simplify access to objects using REST API

Citizen data scientists, IT professionals and general OCS users need to use REST API methods in 3rd party applications - including Power BI - to access data or explore data using OCS Portal API Console.
    Typically objects not "custom created - where you can specify a human readable Id" and a GUID that requires the user to lookup the Id elsewhere or search through a list of objects is used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Data Sharing Transparency Reporting & Auditing

Enable a way to easily identify what data we're sending (sharing) and receiving (consuming from external orgs) to understand where my data is going and who has access to it.

Have ways to audit who has access to our data.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share Assets in a Community

Enable Assets to be shared in a Community within OSIsoft Cloud Services (OCS)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Event Frame / Batch Context

Allow event frame reporting to be moved into the cloud to sustain a higher scalability for enterprise analytics and evalution

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Process Schematic Display

Ability to create a custom process schematic showing real time updating values for Assets in my process.

Examples include displays often created in PI Vision.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cascading Security Inheritance Down to Streams and other Objects in a Namespace

If a single namespace is being used to store data from multiple customers or sites, there needs to be a way to propagate security inheritance down to objects (streams, assets, etc.) within the namespace.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share Data Views with External Partners

Ability to share data view with an external business partner.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED