OSIsoft Cloud Services

Welcome to the OSIsoft Cloud Services feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback around our cloud offerings. For more information on OSIsoft Cloud Services, please refer to: https://cloud.osisoft.com/

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in Communities

When I'm a member of a data sharing community, I see value in being able to view the names of community members from other Accounts SO THAT I know specifically who has access to our data and I can collaborate with my business partners in an easier way.

If PII was shared in a community, users would have the ability to opt out of this functionality.

Please capture any feedback, value prop, scenarios regarding PII sharing to this idea.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify me when there is a problem with my PItoOCS agent or connection

As a PI System Administrator managing our OCS implementation I need to be notified when there is an important change in my PI to OCS software or the connection to OCS that will require me to intervene. I need a notification to tell me about any problems that are occurring. I also need to be able to configure the type of message I get alerts on. I need an alert when data stops transferring, or something critical needs my attention.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a Health tile on the home page of OCS to surface the status of installed PI to OCS agents. However, we are interested in learning more about your use case and requirements for Notifications when there are problems with PI to OCS connections or agents.

3. PItoOCS Installation Footprint

As a PI System Administrator, I would like a way to deploy PItoOCS in a secure and manageable way so that it is easy to maintain, and I can trust it is secure.

Currently, OSIsoft recommends PItoOCS be installed on a separate computer from the Data Archive to which it connects. PItoOCS only supports a single connection to a single Data Archive in the current version.

OSIsoft Product Management would like to better understand customer requirements about deployment of PItoOCS in their environment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Collection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trend: Rolling / Moving Average

The ability to plot the rolling or moving average of trended data SO THAT I can smooth out the data by filtering out the “noise” from raw data making it easier to see longer term trends.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PI to OCS - Automatic Agent Upgrade

Enable a more seamless upgrade experience for the PI to OCS Agent, the on-premises component required to transfer data to OCS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Streaming API - for real time visualization

As a OCS real-time-visualization-client I require a Streaming API so that I can avoid continuously polling the REST API.

Similar to the WSS Chanels in PI WebAPI

Or something like PI WebAPI Stream Updates could also work

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alarm / Faults Visualization

Ability to visualize recent faults for an Asset.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visualization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Comments / Annotations to a Trend Cursor

Ability to add notes to a particular time/cursor on a trend SO THAT when another person is looking at the same data, they can see the comment.

Ability to view the comments other users have entered and view the data associated with them SO THAT the community of users can contribute to the organizations shared knowledge.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deployment of OCS on Azure.gov

Support running OCS and PI Cloud Connect deployed into Azure.gov and ensure that foreign nationals don't have access to the data or cloud servers (from a support/maintenance perspective).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Asset Summary Reporting

Generate an asset summary report on a periodic basis to summarize performance and other information.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Equipment Benchmarking

The ability to configure a peer group of similar equipment based on properties of the equipment SO THAT equipment KPIs can be benchmarked across multiple customers (and data shared anonymously).

For example, a peer group might be all GE7FA gas turbines owned and operated by company xyz.

The ability to see how my units are comparing across the entire group (including assets from other anonymous companies). What's my rank? Am I a good performer or a bad performer?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OCS Scenarios  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Community Exit Strategy

As a Community Lead, I need to stop sharing data with a partner/vendor/service provider that is providing services to me but we decide to terminate the relationship (perhaps choose a different service provider).

In this situation, we would like to still retain access to the history of the community because you might need to determine what the vendor was doing with your equipment back in history.

NOTE: Please use the comments section for this idea to help document your requirements and use cases when a sharing relationship or contract is terminated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Data Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need to do more customer research on what the expectations are when a Community is dissolved (perhaps the business relationship has gone another direction) … what happens to the old Community information? what stays around and is accessible vs not anymore?

13. Short Term / Temporary Community

As a Community Lead, I need be able to support temporary Communities by deactivating a Community after a project is completed (in a couple of months) SO THAT we can protect our data that they no longer need access to.

Example Use Case: CompanyA contracts an OEM to manufacture custom equipment for their manufacturing process. While the OEM is building and testing the equipment, the CompanyA wants access to the data to support design and testing efforts at the OEM site. This way, CompanyA's engineers can monitor and provide input into the development and qualification process while working remotely. Once…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deployment of OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC)

Deploy OCS in Asia Pacific (APAC).

We need to make sure the servers that our data resides on is located within Asia.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Regional Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share Trend Sessions w/ Dynamic Time Ranges

As an process engineer, I want to share with my colleagues trend sessions with dynamic time ranges (i.e., the last 24 hours) so that they keep updating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OCS Community API: Access to Stream Type info for Properties & UOMs

The ability to expose the stream type property and UOMs for a stream shared through community in the API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Development Tools & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configure PI to OCS data transfer parameters

As of this writing, the PI to OCS Agent sends data every 30 seconds or every 10,000 events and this is currently not configurable. The idea is to allow an administrator to configure these types of parameters so they could control how often data is sent from PI to OCS. This idea came from discussions where there are PI Tags that update infrequently and those are the only tags that are part of the PI to OCS transfer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OCS Trends Configuration Needs to be Saved in Cloud - Not The Browser!!!

Currently, the trend configuration information is stored locally on the browser using cookies and does not persist between different computers. When local storage is refreshed or deleted, the trends then need to be reconfigured. Also, jumping between workstations, such as in a plant, makes this infuriating as the trends can be different. Basically, if you make a change to a trend, those changes don't synch to other workstations and have to be done manually for each. As this is a cloud platform this does not match the pattern of use or expectation that trends\displays would persist. This information should be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. OCS APIs should allow requests with an Access Token issued by my Identity Provider

A customer is building a Web application that needs to access both Microsoft APIs (secured using Azure Active Directory) and OCS APIs (secured using OCS Identity Server). In order for the customer to call both sets of APIs from their Web application, they currently need to authenticate the User with Azure Active Directory and perform a second authentication with OCS Identity Server.

The Access Token issued by Azure Active Directory can be used to access Microsoft’s APIs and the Access Token issued by OCS Identity Server can be used to access OCS APIs, but not vice-versa. This means that the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Table Lookup in OCS Context / Assets

Support Table Lookup functionality in OCS Context, similar to AF where the meaning of a value (Code 7) is deciphered via a lookup table.

Support Table Lookup functionality in AF to OCS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assets & Metadata Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED